Wow.... this is just sad...

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
CeT-To
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Wow.... this is just sad...

Post by CeT-To »

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/PS3.htm

This is so bad...

Are they blind that they do not see what they are doing ?! Trying to bribe kids!!!

The whole site is damn ridiculous !! Sounds like west borough church O_o

Seriously...what are they thinking !?
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Wow.... this is just sad...

Post by Canuckster1127 »

CeT-To wrote:http://www.landoverbaptist.net/PS3.htm

This is so bad...

Are they blind that they do not see what they are doing ?! Trying to bribe kids!!!

The whole site is damn ridiculous !! Sounds like west borough church O_o

Seriously...what are they thinking !?
It's a parody site. It's specifically run to mock fundamentalist and evangelical Christians.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Bleh it makes me sick ... the more i read stuff on this site the more i want to puke.... I just don't understand how you can grow up like that or BECOME like that!?

I thank God he didn't place me near to one of those churches ..scratch that they are churches of satan ><

Its 5 30 am in the morning and i cannot stop reading the garbage and the prejudice on their site not to mention their forums...

The only thing i can do is pray for them to not be blind y[-o<
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Bart, i reeaally dont think it is :( >> http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthre ... 274&page=1

Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Yes it is. Here's the wiki entry on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landover_Baptist_Church
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

wait wait.... so every person on that site who joins and uses those hateful words are atheists trying to mock us?

Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

The people who moderate the site are in on the "joke". They try to lure christian in to their forums and then go into their routine by imitating extreme fundamentalist, right wing type behavior. They'll ask women if they have their husband's permission to be on their site. They'll ask if their husband is beating them and are they being the submissive wives God wants them to be etc.

It's pretty much an opportunity for trolls to invite unsuspecting people into their lair and then they work them over.

It's been on the web for years.
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

What a loving bunch of atheists....
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Yup. They are to atheism what Fred Phelps is to christianity in my opinion.
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

WOW im SOO shocked !!!!.... not as shocked as i was when i though they were "christian" ... almost there though . Seriously those Athiests need to get back to real life... sigh... kinda ticked off now >.>

Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

If there's any doubting it, they admit it's satire and parody on their "about us" page.

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/tos.html

Scroll to the bottom and mouse over the spoiler alert. It says:

"The Landover Baptist Church is a complete work of fiction. It is a satire parody."

Atheists get fooled too. I've seen atheist post links to the site as "proof" of what Christians believe.

It was started by a former student at Jerry Falwell's Liberty University who was expelled.
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Gah.. i feel so crap now >< feels like hatred has been burning in me as i kept reading that rubbish...

Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

CeT-To wrote:Gah.. i feel so crap now >< feels like hatred has been burning in me as i kept reading that rubbish...

Take it as A sign that you know what it is to be a true Christian full of love and compassion - so amen to that!
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

You are absolutely right, silvertusk!! thank you :) hahah and thank you Bart for explaining it to me :)

MarcusOfLycia

Post by MarcusOfLycia »

I remember seeing that site years ago when I was actually looking up some information and realized it was a parody site. It amazes me that something like that could go on for so long. If your worldview requires you to mock your ill-informed opinion of another worldview, you become the enemy of reason (oddly enough, that's what I've heard Christians accused of doing. At least I haven't seen Christians put together atheist-mockery websites).
-- Josh

“When you see a man with a great deal of religion displayed in his shop window, you may depend upon it, he keeps a very small stock of it within” C.H. Spurgeon

1st Corinthians 1:17- "For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel””not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power"