Why Don't Jews Believe In Jesus?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
CeT-To
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Why Don't Jews Believe In Jesus?

Post by CeT-To »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wiawe2Py ... re=channel

I know its not a good video but i reeally don't understand why not? It makes me sad every time i think about some of God's own people betraying him :(

Any body know some of the arguments they use to deny the divinity or the messianic role of Jesus? Or maybe a good debate between a Jew and a Christian?

God bless!
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Why Don't Jews Believe In Jesus?

Post by Gman »

CeT-To wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wiawe2Py ... re=channel

I know its not a good video but i reeally don't understand why not? It makes me sad every time i think about some of God's own people betraying him :(

Any body know some of the arguments they use to deny the divinity or the messianic role of Jesus? Or maybe a good debate between a Jew and a Christian?

God bless!
Great question...

A lot of it has to do with the Trinity. That not only do Christians believe that Christ was the messiah, but also that He was also God in the flesh... Other things are simply how God is portrayed by the Christians. Kind of a "feel good" God. I think however as I've heard it is that Jews view Christians the same way Christians view Mormons. A corrupted doctrine.. Orthodox Judaism, teaches a strict doctrine of monotheism.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

Many Jews are coming to Christ.

A jew, even a nominal one, risk being ostracized by accepting Christ. I know several Jews. They are anything but orthodox. I've had some ask me about Christ. I make it a point to share with them from the OT, because so many have such a misconception of Christianity. Many don't even know that Jesus was a Jew.

i asked a Jewish friend what it would mean if he became a Christian. He said, rejection from friends and family. I asked, "well what if it was true?" He didn't really have an answer for that.

Also, as G said, many Christians do such a poor job conveying Christianity to them.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

jlay wrote:Many Jews are coming to Christ.
Yes.. That is true. In fact the messianic Jews are slowly increasing in the land of Israel. Just up until 10 years ago that was unheard of..

The fact of the matter is that ALL OF THE DISCIPLES including Jesus himself were Jews.. Not to mention the Apostle Paul who was a Rabbi. Actually it really doesn't take too much effort to find out what God was doing with the Christian Gospel and all. That God would sacrifice his only son in response to Abraham sacrificing his only son.. Once you see the connections, it makes perfect sense..

I think we also have to remember that many Jews are secular and are unfamiliar with Biblical teachings.. In fact my previous employers were Jews and didn't even know what manna was.. :roll: But give them time. Some of the greatest Jews are the messianic ones, they are often called "complete" Jews.

Anyways if you want a real good book on these subjects I would highly recommend the book "God's Promise and the Future of Israel" by Don Finto. I'm almost done reading it and I highly recommend it. It get's into all of God's plans for Israel...

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
taylor1025
Newbie Member
Sex: Female

Post by taylor1025 »

Gman wrote:
CeT-To wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wiawe2Py ... re=channel

God bless!
Great question...

A lot of it has to do with the Trinity. That not only do Christians believe that Christ was the messiah, but also that He was also God in the flesh... Other things are simply how God is portrayed by the Christians. Kind of a "feel good" God. I think however as I've heard it is that Jews view Christians the same way Christians view Mormons. A corrupted doctrine.. Orthodox Judaism, teaches a strict doctrine of monotheism.
That's a great comparison. The Book of Mormon is, to Christians, basically what the New Testament is to Jews. But there's evidence for the existence, crucifixion and resurrection of Christ, while the Book of Mormon is full of inconsistencies. (That's not to say it's not true, but I just don't believe in it. ;) )
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

taylor1025 wrote:That's a great comparison. The Book of Mormon is, to Christians, basically what the New Testament is to Jews. But there's evidence for the existence, crucifixion and resurrection of Christ, while the Book of Mormon is full of inconsistencies. (That's not to say it's not true, but I just don't believe in it. ;) )
Very true taylor... :)

I do not believe the book of Mormon is true either..

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Another one I heard from a Jew the other day is that they don't believe God to be a man... God to them is genderless. Interesting...

CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Are there any debate videos between Christians & Jews?

Oh thanx for the helpful comments so far LOL hahah it is quite funny that Mormonism to us is like NT to the Jews haha that's a good and funny comparison.
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
kmr
Valued Member

Post by kmr »

http://www.simpletoremember.com/article ... sandjesus/

http://www.aish.com/jw/s/48892792.html

^These are their answers^.

The simple answer is that they do not want to believe.
- KMR

Dominum meum amō!
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

kmr wrote:http://www.simpletoremember.com/article ... sandjesus/

http://www.aish.com/jw/s/48892792.html

^These are their answers^.

The simple answer is that they do not want to believe.
Don't forget that they only have been temporary blinded..

Romans 11:25-26

25For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: