Please pray to support my faith..

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
Short1
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes

Please pray to support my faith..

Post by Short1 »

Alright, so I won't go into huge detail.. but my faith has hit some rocky road. I still and always will believe in God.. I've just lost touch with him and have some grudges and kept thinking about stuff that made me upset with him. I can't figure out how a relationship is supposed to work with him and keep nitpicking and coming up with all these ideas about how sucky stuff is...

You know when you're upset, and you don't feel like getting better? Even though you could just change your mindset and feel better, you don't because you want to stay angry? That's how it is. I feel like I need a prompt to turn me around and set me straight.. like I need a reason to change my attitude and fix it up.

Tonight that prompt came and after I talked to my girlfriend for a while I finally felt like I'd held the grudge long enough and tonight I'm going to try and turn things around. I've tried this before.. please pray to support me and help me see God the way I need to in order to have a relationship. My girlfriend's bible study is praying too.. hope I can find things to see God in my life.

Thanks so much.
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Please pray to support my faith..

Post by zoegirl »

definitely will pray!!
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Canuckster1127
Old School
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Short1, have you read the book, The Shack by William P. Young? If not, I'd recommend it. Some see it as controversial. I think it's an excellent work that addresses the exact issues that you're describing and I think it might help you to understand a little better what God means when He speaks of having a relationship with you.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
ChrisB
Established Member

Post by ChrisB »

Prayers sent.
"Materialists and madmen never have doubts." -G.K. Chesterton
CeT-To
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by CeT-To »

Prayers coming!
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
Short1
Recognized Member

Post by Short1 »

Oh wow! I had forgotten that I posted this!

About the Shack, I had read that and that was sorta what messed me up haha. I just had trouble grasping who God was or how things worked.. I dunno.

After some time, my girlfriend and I worked together with getting rid of sin and that has helped a lot. One night we were up talking about just old stories about weird/wrong things we did back in middle school before we knew each other (really personal stories) and we talked about forgiveness and she said to just ask God.. so I did but found no response and she suggested that maybe I need to forgive myself as well. So I prayed for God to come into my life right there, help me forgive and be forgiven and this AMAZING wash of love and peace came over me. I was astounded by how God was answering my prayer. Since then, I've had several spiritual incidences like speaking in tongues and just amazing blessings from God to help strengthen my faith. My life and my faith has been completely reformed... I cannot wait to grow up with my girlfriend.. with God.. and head out into my career. (I'm a senior)

I had been noticing I've been falling back.. not in faith.. but in how much I keep God in my life.. letting Him shape my attitudes. Seeing this old post has been good.. got me fired up again. Thanks for the prayers! God is so so amazing and I'm glad He reminded me again tonight!
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Glad to hear you're finding some encouragement. Good to hear from you again.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
ChrisB
Established Member

Post by ChrisB »

Thank God! :)
"Materialists and madmen never have doubts." -G.K. Chesterton