Farting in the Garden

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
kmr
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Farting in the Garden

Post by kmr »

True, true... all things we have labeled as bad (that God did not reveal as morally evil) were labeled by our own making. If nakedness was not shameful in Eden, then certainly flatulence would not have been... it is part of the human bodily functions, and God made his creations "good".
- KMR

Dominum meum amō!
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DannyM »

Gman wrote:
DannyM wrote:
Gman wrote:
Canuckster1127 wrote:I think you're right Rick. Most don't go to the extreme. Many however do, I think, make those kind of assumptions in their thinking in other areas and don't note the inconsistency and implications in this one.
I've heard YEC people say that the Garden of Eden was a "perfect" place. Well, I'm sorry but foul smells do not conform to the standards of "perfect." If that weren't true, then our thanksgiving meals would be accepting of them (i.e. farts) at the dinner table.. :P
I'll repeat, and since you won't address me I'll continue to repeat: The body farting is no negation of a properly functioning body. I'm not saying we were perfect before the fall, but you need to show how farting is a negation. Not your subjective opinion about the smell; show me how farting is a negation of a properly functioning body...

Or continue to ignore the point.
I'm not ignoring you... Yes of course the body farting is no negation of a properly functioning body. My question is however how can gross smells and embarrassing noises be part of a "perfect" world?
Ah, I am getting on board. But I wonder if it's all still a little subjective. I like the smell of my own farts. I imagine I'd rather the garden smell of fragrance than the smell from a bodily discharge. But did the farts of Eve and adam smell? I rarely smell my own, and when I do I like it. Eve and Adam were one of the same. Did their farts smell so bad? Hey, I dunno. But I'd definitely choose fragrance over fart smells.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

DannyM wrote:Ah, I am getting on board. But I wonder if it's all still a little subjective. I like the smell of my own farts. I imagine I'd rather the garden smell of fragrance than the smell from a bodily discharge. But did the farts of Eve and adam smell? I rarely smell my own, and when I do I like it. Eve and Adam were one of the same. Did their farts smell so bad? Hey, I dunno. But I'd definitely choose fragrance over fart smells.
Oh not this topic again... :roll:

Well if there were beans there I don't know how they would avoid it.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Gman wrote:
DannyM wrote:Ah, I am getting on board. But I wonder if it's all still a little subjective. I like the smell of my own farts. I imagine I'd rather the garden smell of fragrance than the smell from a bodily discharge. But did the farts of Eve and adam smell? I rarely smell my own, and when I do I like it. Eve and Adam were one of the same. Did their farts smell so bad? Hey, I dunno. But I'd definitely choose fragrance over fart smells.
Oh not this topic again... :roll:

Well if there were beans there I don't know how they would avoid it.
Not sure if Heinz were about back then ;)
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
PreciousEden
Newbie Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by PreciousEden »

This post (and all its flavourful comments) was both insightful and humourous beyond tears...Thanks for that!!!