The Fall

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
rkb4dodgers
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

The Fall

Post by rkb4dodgers »

Recently I have been intrigued by the fall in regards to what life was like before and after. I realized that it is vital to my creating a cohesive theology on evil and free will. I was wondering if anyone knew of any books that provide a thorough analysis of life before and after the fall, noting precisely what changed in the process of Adam's sin, that is very loyal to both scripture and science. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Re: The Fall

Post by RickD »

rkb4dodgers wrote:Recently I have been intrigued by the fall in regards to what life was like before and after. I realized that it is vital to my creating a cohesive theology on evil and free will. I was wondering if anyone knew of any books that provide a thorough analysis of life before and after the fall, noting precisely what changed in the process of Adam's sin, that is very loyal to both scripture and science. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!
I believe any in depth book on the subject would have to be extra-biblical. There isn't enough in the bible to write a whole book on just that subject, and keep it in line with scripture. Hugh Ross mentions the subject in some of his books, but doesn't go into great detail. He's one author that comes from an Old Earth perspective. I'm sure AnswersinGenesis would have material from a Young Earth perspective. Both sides would say they line up with scripture and science.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

A book that speaks about animal death before the fall from a slightly different perspective than Hugh Ross is "A Biblical Case for an Old Earth" by David Snoke
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

rkb4dodgers
Newbie Member

Post by rkb4dodgers »

Thanks for the input RickD. I guess what spawned this question was my reading of "The Problem of Pain" and C.S. Lewis' chapter titled The Fall of Man. Something more focused on something along those lines. I don't know if you have read the book or not.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

rkb4dodgers wrote:Thanks for the input RickD. I guess what spawned this question was my reading of "The Problem of Pain" and C.S. Lewis' chapter titled The Fall of Man. Something more focused on something along those lines. I don't know if you have read the book or not.
I haven't read the book, but after reading some reviews, it looks interesting. These forums are a great place to find answers. There are a lot of knowledgable people here.

-Edward R Murrow

rainagain
Acquainted Member

Post by rainagain »

You might also want to consider just exactly WHEN we fell.
Man is born into sin. I suspect we fell before we got here, in fact we're here because of it.
In Revelation, it says the dragon swept a third of the stars from the sky and cast them to the earth.

And here we are, the prodigal sons of the Most High. And He's waiting to see which of us realize our mistake, and head for home.