A House Divided Against Itself?

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Kenzel
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

A House Divided Against Itself?

Post by Kenzel »

Hey everyone, I have a small question about Matthew 12:25-26 . Let's say your house is haunted and you get a voodoo priest to preform a house cleansing, would that be a house divided against itself considering that you're using a demon to drive out another demon?
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: A House Divided Against Itself?

Post by B. W. »

Kenzel wrote:Hey everyone, I have a small question about Matthew 12:25-26 . Let's say your house is haunted and you get a voodoo priest to preform a house cleansing, would that be a house divided against itself considering that you're using a demon to drive out another demon?
No - you would be inviting more demons to the house for a new home along with the others who'd be laughing at such action.

It takes the blood of Christ to do a house cleansing by people who know who they are in Christ but this is another topic...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Kenzel
Recognized Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Kenzel »

B. W. wrote:
Kenzel wrote:Hey everyone, I have a small question about Matthew 12:25-26 . Let's say your house is haunted and you get a voodoo priest to preform a house cleansing, would that be a house divided against itself considering that you're using a demon to drive out another demon?
No - you would be inviting more demons to the house for a new home along with the others who'd be laughing at such action.

It takes the blood of Christ to do a house cleansing by people who know who they are in Christ but this is another topic...
-
-
-
But what if it was "effective" and there was no more activity after the cleansing?
Canuckster1127
Old School
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Matthew 12:43-45 "Now when the unclean spirit goes out of a man, it passes through waterless places, seeking rest, and does not find it. Then it said, ‘I will return to my house from which I came’; and when it comes, it finds it unoccupied, swept, and put in order. Then it goes, and takes along with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there; and the last state of that man becomes worse than the first."
Demonic possession can return. The only presence that can fill us and with which demons cannot dwell is the Holy Spirit.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender