Passive Solar Energy and the Bible

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
timsjs
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Passive Solar Energy and the Bible

Post by timsjs »

I'm new to this forum and wasn't sure how to ask a question, so I'll just post it. Does anyone know of any Bible scripture that points to passive solar energy, heat from the sun? I know by the book of Genesis that God created light and also that He created the "greater light" to rule the day and "the lesser" light to rule the night. My learned interpretation is "the greater light" is the sun, while "the lesser light" is the moon. You can't convince me that an "All knowing, God" has no purpose for the heat or energy from the sun. Is there scriptural reference?

Tim
kmr
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Passive Solar Energy and the Bible

Post by kmr »

James 1:11:

For the sun rises with scorching heat and withers the plant; its blossom falls and its beauty is destroyed. In the same way, the rich man will fade away even while he goes about his business.
- KMR

Dominum meum amō!
kmr
Valued Member

Post by kmr »

Rev. 16:8

The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and the sun was given power to scorch people with fire.
- KMR

Dominum meum amō!
kmr
Valued Member

Post by kmr »

Do those work?
- KMR

Dominum meum amō!