Do we really want to see Jesus?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Do we really want to see Jesus?

Post by Gman »

Folks.. Ask yourself this question. Do we really really want to see Jesus? Have we truly asked this in our hearts?

2 Timothy 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Maytan
Established Member

Re: Do we really want to see Jesus?

Post by Maytan »

If I'm understanding what you're asking correctly, I'd say this comes down to the battle against idolizing something in life above Jesus. It's always a topic you can turn to and see your shortcomings. ;)

A friend once told me, "Don't love life or you'll lose your reason for living."
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Gman wrote:Folks.. Ask yourself this question. Do we really really want to see Jesus? Have we truly asked this in our hearts?

2 Timothy 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
I want to see Jesus....But not yet.
-
-
-
-
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
hwangfkpc
Newbie Member

Post by hwangfkpc »

that is a challenging question to me; it makes me take a deeper look into my wants.
it will indeed be the most joyous of days for the believers and the worst of days for the non-believers..
DannyM wrote:
I want to see Jesus....But not yet.
-
-
-
-
agreed with DannyM.
He will come when He wills it of course.. but i feel there's still much work to be done through us.
that day will be one glorious day though :]
mandelduke
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by mandelduke »

I want to see Jesus more then anything in this world, In fact I have ask Jesus to bring me home at least 1,000 times. About 18 months ago I was begging Jesus to bring me home, and he told me not to ask that again.
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Welcome back Pros!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
1harpazo
Recognized Member

Post by 1harpazo »

Gman wrote:Folks.. Ask yourself this question. Do we really really want to see Jesus? Have we truly asked this in our hearts?

Great question Gman.

I want to see Jesus now more than ever. I hope that when I do, it will be at His great and glorious return. Imagine seeing our great God coming in all His glory and parting the eastern sky. Then in a twinkling of an eye the dead in Christ will rise first and then we who are alive and remain will be harpazo'd with them to meet the Lord in the air. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

You know, if the church could get a vision of the Creator of the heavens and the earth and all that is in them returning in our lifetime, we would be a power house (we already have that power, I mean realize it). Seeing God face to face and then do we (to grab a line from Mercy Me) "stand in His presence or to my knees will I fall"?

Much work has to be done which was preordained by God. But that just means that God will pour out His Spirit and His gifts will be manifested in the church to the greatest degree ever to bring us into the unity and maturation of the body of Christ. God's grace and love will abound as we have never seen it. Finally, "they will know we are Christians by our love."
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

B. W. wrote:Welcome back Pros!
-
-
-
Cheers B.W, I'm still hanging around in the background reading and listening.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

I'm often reminded off this parable in the Bible..

Matthew 22:1-10

The Parable of the Wedding Banquet

1 Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying: 2 “The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. 3 He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.

4 “Then he sent some more servants and said, ‘Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.’

5 “But they paid no attention and went off—one to his field, another to his business. 6 The rest seized his servants, mistreated them and killed them. 7 The king was enraged. He sent his army and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.

8 “Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. 9 So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’ 10 So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, the bad as well as the good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

Interesting what great lengths God has to go through to get us to join his banquet.... He will just invite just about anyone to fill the seats... ;)
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8