Middle east tensions, Israel, end times, and God's existence

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Swimmy
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Middle east tensions, Israel, end times, and God's exist

Post by Swimmy »

B. W. wrote:
derrick09 wrote: Isaiah 19:1, 2, 3, 4, "This is the divine revelation about Egypt. The LORD is riding on a fast-moving cloud and is coming to Egypt. Egypt's idols will tremble in his presence. Egypt's courage will fail. 2 "I will turn one Egyptian against another. They will fight- brother against brother, neighbor against neighbor, city against city, kingdom against kingdom. 3 The Egyptians will lose courage. I will unravel their plans. They will turn to idols, ghosts, mediums, and fortunetellers. 4 I will hand over the Egyptians to a harsh master. A strong king will rule them," declares the Almighty LORD of Armies." NKJV
-
-
-

Well I don't see how this will be fulfilled now. Egypt will probably switch to a democracy..Which isn't ruled by one person.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Swimmy wrote:
B. W. wrote:
derrick09 wrote: Isaiah 19:1, 2, 3, 4, "This is the divine revelation about Egypt. The LORD is riding on a fast-moving cloud and is coming to Egypt. Egypt's idols will tremble in his presence. Egypt's courage will fail. 2 "I will turn one Egyptian against another. They will fight- brother against brother, neighbor against neighbor, city against city, kingdom against kingdom. 3 The Egyptians will lose courage. I will unravel their plans. They will turn to idols, ghosts, mediums, and fortunetellers. 4 I will hand over the Egyptians to a harsh master. A strong king will rule them," declares the Almighty LORD of Armies." NKJV
Well I don't see how this will be fulfilled now. Egypt will probably switch to a democracy..Which isn't ruled by one person.
Just a thought - nothing more... something that needs to be tested, may have already happened as PL pointed out on another thread on same subject.

Fact is, we do not know the outcome.

To some, the Freedom to worship Allah does not mean Freedom not to worship Allah.

Don't let terms blind you as one person using terms may not mean the same to another. As for what goes on in Egypt remaisn to be seen...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
MarcusOfLycia
Sex: Male

Post by MarcusOfLycia »

Yeah... I don't quite trust these types of things, especially considering that the military is, for all intents and purposes, in control of the government (and they kind of always held a lot of sway). Mobs don't make good decisions... and that's who forced the government out of power in Egypt. However, mobs are great places for psychotic megalomaniac-type dictators to arise.

I believe Egypt had a rebellion 40ish years ago as well, and something tells me the people of Egypt haven't, in 40 years, modernized/westernized enough to suddenly be filled with pro-freedom democratic rebels. The fact that so many media sources are dead certain this is a good thing really doesn't assure me of the goodness of what's occurring, it just makes me trust all of the sources less. Couple that with all the really shady groups that surround the thing and you have a nice recipe for disaster. I just wish people's memories were more long-term than they are, because this has an amazingly high chance of backfiring like a nuclear missile silo not opening in time, and I have a feeling most people aren't even going to remember who was president (or what he had to say about it), or what the media sentiment was.
-- Josh

“When you see a man with a great deal of religion displayed in his shop window, you may depend upon it, he keeps a very small stock of it within” C.H. Spurgeon

1st Corinthians 1:17- "For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel””not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power"
godfavour
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by godfavour »

Once again as I think has already been stated, the demise of Israel in these days would be an enormous surprise to me but my faith in God and the integrity of scripture would not be diminished. let's remember that when the disciples asked Jesus if He ; was going to restore the kingdom to Israel in Acts 1, they were expecting the full restoration of Israel at that time. Well, it did not happen, but now, looking back we can see the plan of God and how, even under dispersion for a couple of thousand years, the Jewish people have kkept their identity and havenow, inaccoradnce with God's word returned to the land. No one can say for certain that this is definitely the last regathering, but it looks like it! Hope this helps bolster the argument. Remember, God's wisdom is always greater than our understanding.