upcoming movies

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: upcoming movies

Post by Canuckster1127 »

mitchco.

Please review our board purpose and discussion guidelines. Opinion, even strong opinions can be expressed. Entire blanket statements about Catholics etc, definitely fall outside of those guidelines and if they continue will be cause for further addressing of those issues.

Thank you,

bart
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

mitchco wrote:Gman what you are saying then is that every one who calls themselves a christian is a christian. Then why on some forum sites is there topics on mormons and JWs even on unitarians and calling them cults. According to you we must not judge them just label them christians and let the mormons keep preaching unhinderd that Jesus is Satans half brother. We know that these groups are cults why because we take their doctrines and match it with scripture to see if its the truth. CS Lewis and no other man goes under the radar of gods word.
Is this a condemnation of Lewis or his movie? Everyone knows that CS Lewis was no saint... He was a drunkard and done many carnal sins. Nothing new here.. However, this by no means is a right to condemn him as a whole. He was not a religious institution but a revered Christian author (by many). Even Lewis himself maintained that his books were not allegory however he preferred to call the Christian aspects of them "suppositional". This indicates Lewis' view of Narnia as a fictional parallel universe, not reality.
mitchco wrote:To say that Its my judgement is false we have the sword Gods word why is it a sword because it slays lies and liars. I was raised in a catholic home we all believed that we were christians. Every Sunday morning my dad would drop me off to catholic lessons for three hours. This went on for 10 years most of us kids had our ears pulled faces slapped hair pulled because of this action by the nuns i hated God and the Bible. Catholic doctrines are demonic these groups destroy little childrens minds. What the nuns did to me was horrific but this i say i thank God why it put in me a spirit of dont trust man or his doctrines simply just rely on Jesus and his word and no other man. I got saved by reading the bible and matching the word of God to what i was taught by the nuns. What the catholics do is they work on the person to destroy any faith that person has so they can control you. I hope you understand when i found out that CS Lewis in his last days was visiting a priest and leaning towards catholicism it made me look into this mans doctrines. His writings are so mixed with false statements the same application I used to escape the catholic church I used to see that his interpretation of christianity is false. Please consider these scriptures 1Kings chpt 22 vrs 21to23 and 2Chronicles chpt 18 vrs 22 God sends lying prophets. Why to test the watchmen. Watchmen are meant to bark like dogs to warn the sheep from the wolf. Isaiah 56 vrs 10 His watchmen are blind, they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs,they cannot BARK ,sleeping, lying down , loving to slumber. Looks like the church of Laodicea. Just like Ezekiel in chpt 3 vrs 17 his job was to be a watchmen at the walls of Zion trumpeting against religious apostasy. Brothers in christ if we know that God sends lying prophets we must be watchmen and if we lose our Bark ourselves and the wolf is allowed to sneak in we are exposing Gods people to satans wolves. In Israel when a shepherd took his sheep to graze during the day the dogs would protect the sheep from wolves they would bark and inform the shepherd of danger sometimes the shepherd and even the dogs sustain injury from the wolves in protecting the flock. The shepherd also like in Psalm 23 anoints the sheeps head with oil why to protect it from the snakes when sheep grazes in or next to the snakes hole. The oil prevents the snake from latching on. What a beautiful picture of the holy spirit. Please investigate these claims yourselves in the spirit of love.
Yes, while I understand your concerns, I believe there is also a point where the watchmen need to watch themselves too.. The Bible is chuck full of stories.. Good and evil fighting. I just don't see the connection, nor your attempt to satanize the catholic church. I believe that Satan lives in the protestant churches as well..

Again, if you can show me a 100% God fearing movie (besides a movie about Christ) I would be happy to take it through the grinder for you.. Anyone can do that.. And look Holy. ;)
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
mitchco
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by mitchco »

This is my last post thankyou for displaying my opinions in light of scripture. I will definitely not be dancing around the golden calf in the spirit of ecuminism and lukewarmness lest I be spewed out. I think that some people are more interested in making sure that people remain babes and on milk for strong meat belongs to them that are of full age even those who by reason of use have their senses EXERCISED(trained) to DISCERN both GOOD and EVIL. Hebrews chpt 5 vrs 12and14.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

mitchco wrote:This is my last post thankyou for displaying my opinions in light of scripture. I will definitely not be dancing around the golden calf in the spirit of ecuminism and lukewarmness lest I be spewed out. I think that some people are more interested in making sure that people remain babes and on milk for strong meat belongs to them that are of full age even those who by reason of use have their senses EXERCISED(trained) to DISCERN both GOOD and EVIL. Hebrews chpt 5 vrs 12and14.
I don't even know what your opinions are or what your beef is with Lewis except that he considered Catholicism.. No one has claimed the guy was a saint, not even himself. Are we to believe that anyone who considers Catholicism a swindler? Again, broad strokes.. You need substance to your claims, not just assumptions.. Proper discernment..
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Gman what you are saying then is that every one who calls themselves a christian is a christian.

This is a strawman argument. Gman said no such thing.
Then why on some forum sites is there topics on mormons and JWs even on unitarians and calling them cults. According to you we must not judge them just label them christians and let the mormons keep preaching unhinderd that Jesus is Satans half brother.
Another strawman argument. Clearly there are such things as cults and not everyone who calls themselves a christian is necessarily a christian. This doesn't justify you making blanket statments about entire denominations, including Catholics, who are not defined generally as outside of orthodoxy.
We know that these groups are cults why because we take their doctrines and match it with scripture to see if its the truth.
Then go ahead and do that instead of establishing yourself as the authority and making statements without support.
CS Lewis and no other man goes under the radar of gods word.

Nor do you.
To say that Its my judgement is false we have the sword Gods word why is it a sword because it slays lies and liars.
Your judgement and God's are decidedly not the same.
I was raised in a catholic home we all believed that we were christians. Every Sunday morning my dad would drop me off to catholic lessons for three hours. This went on for 10 years most of us kids had our ears pulled faces slapped hair pulled because of this action by the nuns i hated God and the Bible. Catholic doctrines are demonic these groups destroy little childrens minds. What the nuns did to me was horrific but this i say i thank God why it put in me a spirit of dont trust man or his doctrines simply just rely on Jesus and his word and no other man.
I don't doubt that your experience was difficult and sadly such things do happen, and such occurances are not limited to Catholic Churches. Many here do not agree with some Catholic Doctrines. Many Catholic doctrines and Protestant doctrines are the same, and with your words above you've condemned both, perhaps even yourself, unless you believe there is no Catholic doctrine whatsoever that you believe. If that were the case then it might demonstrate that you are reacting against something emotionally rather than rationally.
I got saved by reading the bible and matching the word of God to what i was taught by the nuns. What the catholics do is they work on the person to destroy any faith that person has so they can control you.

That's a blanket statement again condemning of an entire movement and not allowing for the possibility that many Catholics are sincere, sacrificial in their love for others and their future eternally will in the end be determined on that same basis that yours and mine will, what they have done with Jesus Christ. Your comments here are biased and bigoted. They sadden me.
I hope you understand when i found out that CS Lewis in his last days was visiting a priest and leaning towards catholicism it made me look into this mans doctrines. His writings are so mixed with false statements the same application I used to escape the catholic church I used to see that his interpretation of christianity is false.
Demonstrate it. Don't make blanket statements of condemnation based upon your own authority.
Please consider these scriptures 1Kings chpt 22 vrs 21to23 and 2Chronicles chpt 18 vrs 22 God sends lying prophets. Why to test the watchmen. Watchmen are meant to bark like dogs to warn the sheep from the wolf. Isaiah 56 vrs 10 His watchmen are blind, they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs,they cannot BARK ,sleeping, lying down , loving to slumber. Looks like the church of Laodicea. Just like Ezekiel in chpt 3 vrs 17 his job was to be a watchmen at the walls of Zion trumpeting against religious apostasy. Brothers in christ if we know that God sends lying prophets we must be watchmen and if we lose our Bark ourselves and the wolf is allowed to sneak in we are exposing Gods people to satans wolves. In Israel when a shepherd took his sheep to graze during the day the dogs would protect the sheep from wolves they would bark and inform the shepherd of danger sometimes the shepherd and even the dogs sustain injury from the wolves in protecting the flock. The shepherd also like in Psalm 23 anoints the sheeps head with oil why to protect it from the snakes when sheep grazes in or next to the snakes hole. The oil prevents the snake from latching on. What a beautiful picture of the holy spirit. Please investigate these claims yourselves in the spirit of love.
Anyone can appeal to Scriptures in this manner in any manner they wish and sound spiritual. All of these passages are in the Old Testament and reflective of truth under the covenants in place at that time. Because you appeal to passages regarding False Prophets and what happened in the past does not establish that the people you are condemning today as false prophets are.

Sadly, I've come across many who have taken the Gospel of Christ and turned it into a whip with which to indulge their baser human instincts to lash out and destroy the reputations of others over issues which in many cases may be important but do not rise to the level of whether a person is saved or not.

The parable I placed up earlier, directly from Jesus mouth, which I note you didn't address or respond to, speaks volumes as to how our attitudes toward others is a reflection of how we understand our relationship to God. If we see ourselves as sinners who are saved by grace then we're inclined to extend grace in our relationships and assessments of others. If we see ourselves as somehow more holy than others and that God owes us salvation because of how good a person we think we are, then we're very quick to sit upon the throne of Judgement regarding others that God reserves for Himself, and Himself alone.

I'm sorry to hear of the pain you've experienced in your past. It's just a guess on my part, but it might be possible that you have yet to resolve some of that in your life and perhaps you're continuing to respond to others out of that pain. I don't know that for sure. I offer it as a suggestion and you may take it or leave it as you see fit.

At this time, as by your own admission you don't wish to continue posting here and facing any challenges to your judgement and behavior and in accordance with our Board Discussion Guidelines which you violated after being warned of them, I have to agree that continued posting here is not the best option.

If I, or any of the other moderators can help you in working through some of these issues, please feel free to use my profile or signature line to get my email address or blog site. I'd be happy to communicate further with you in private. If and when you wish to participate here within the bounds of the Board Purpose and Discussion Guidelines, let us know and perhaps we can restore your posting privileges and continue this and other conversations within those guidelines.

Best,

bart
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Rascus
Acquainted Member

Post by Rascus »

Hello....Movies...Id really Love to see the movie "The Exodus Conspiracy" which is directed by Tim Mahoney. Though Ive really got my doubts about the movie actually ever being released. From what I gather it was originally due to come out in 2002, then again in 2009 and finally at the start of 2010....however still no movie. I'm really beginning to wonder whether or not the controversial issues of the movie are creating problems with its release. Ive heard it said that it could really create major problems in the Middle East countries, along with other areas. Has anyone else heard of the movie or aware of any updated information regarding it? Guess that due to people being exposed from attempting to hide Bible truths may have created some problems....guess we'll find out sooner or later.

Rascus
Hamilton
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Hamilton »

Mitcho,

As a watchmen of your level, I write this in the tone in which I felt was expressed in your explanation above, as I feel it would not offend you. Please forgive me in advance if I am incorrect in that assumption.

I understand where you are coming from regarding CS Leswis' tales, and cannot say I disagree in principle. However, the question arises- Did not your investigation into CS Lewis expose you to the very material you are saying people should be protected from? Have you reached a point of strength in faith and moral perfection that is unassailable and impossible to weaken and perhaps even fail?

I ask the question rhetorically, because you, being human, can not posses such powers.

Please save the telling people what they should not do/see/hear etc to those that use the Bible to enforce their will upon others. The scriptures provide the guidance necessary in that regard.

I say the above because of this- How can people engage in a free will decision with other people telling them what to do? Afterall, if your path had not been what it was would you have the ability to recognize things such as this? Could you not fulfill your appointed (?) role as watchmen if you had not seen what a wolf looked like prior?Someone would have had to point one out and shown you the harm they cause, or you would have to have had a bad experience with one all yourself. Otherwise, a dog would bark and it would have no meaning when you saw what looked like another type of dog walking around your flock.

Life is sometimes a rated R movie, and it is one you cannot avoid. Negative influences permeate the very fabric of everyday life. Thats the point,I believe; so an educated choice can be made of between serving God willingly, or ...not.

Ill ask one more question, answer not required. Could not that movie be watched by someone and then be used as an educational example of how deep the deception can be? Would it not then actually serve as a tool in protecting one from other deception that may even be ..well..more deceptive as you now have an elevated awareness.

After all, the idea behind deception is that the person being deceived is completely unaware. Is it not easier to deceive a rookie versus a veteran?

Perhaps questions that invoked deeper thought about the subject matter would be more appropriate to make your point next time. Otherwise, someone less attuned to your bark (protection) might mistake it for being dogmatic and run the opposite direction, because you 'sound just like the nuns at Catholic school'.
ChrisB
Established Member

Post by ChrisB »

Green Lantern hits theaters in 3 days... :thumbsup:
"Materialists and madmen never have doubts." -G.K. Chesterton
Kenzel
Recognized Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Kenzel »

ChrisB wrote:Green Lantern hits theaters in 3 days... :thumbsup:
Didja see X-Men: First Class yet? That movie was sweet!
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

I would like to both of those! glad to know they are worth seeing
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
zoegirl
Old School