Thought of the Day 3: Different rewards for different peeps

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
FearlessLlearsy
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Thought of the Day 3: Different rewards for different peeps

Post by FearlessLlearsy »

As I lay on my bed reading Black Like Me (lol) The following thought came up:How in the World did racism abide in our wonderful country? Most importantly, how could a group such as the KKK consider themselves good Christians. If i am right, one of the founders of the KKK was of the name Nathan??
Most ironically, at the end of a ceremony, they sang and still sing the song Amazing Grace? :oops:

How bad really is Human nature?
Live a life with no FEAR, for the battle is already won. The Devil and his minions only cry in agonizing pain, realizing the victory is OURS.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Thought of the Day 3: Different rewards for different pe

Post by RickD »

FL, I've been studying this subject as of late, and have some opinions and answers to your questions.
How in the World did racism abide in our wonderful country?
There's considerable evidence that racism was around since near the beginning of our country. Our founding fathers were famous for talking about "freedom for all men" being an important part of the core beliefs of why our country was founded. The problem with that is, the black man wasn't actually considered a "man", so he had no right to freedom.
Most importantly, how could a group such as the KKK consider themselves good Christians.
The same way any sinful man would consider himself "good".
If i am right, one of the founders of the KKK was of the name Nathan??
Yes, you're correct. Nathan Bedford Forrest was a civil war hero to the Confederates, and a vicious racist to most anyone else. If you want to see what kind of "hero" General Forrest was during the civil war, do a little search on: "Fort Pillow Massacre". It's a little ironic and quite troubling to me that a high school in Jacksonville Florida, which has a large amount of black students, is named after Nathan Bedford Forrest. Many of the students don't seem to realize who the man really was.

One other bit of info about Nathan Bedford Forrest: The fictional character "Forrest Gump" was named after his ancestor Nathan Bedford Forrest.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
FearlessLlearsy
Established Member

Re: Thought of the Day 3: Different rewards for different pe

Post by FearlessLlearsy »

thanks Rick,

I hope those students dont find out, LOL
Live a life with no FEAR, for the battle is already won. The Devil and his minions only cry in agonizing pain, realizing the victory is OURS.