Question on being saved.

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Dark Pony
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Question on being saved.

Post by Dark Pony »

I have a question that I would like some input on.

If someone murders, rapes, hurts, etc.. someone else and as they near the end of there life and accepts Jesus as there Lord and Savior do they go to Heaven?

It doesn't seem fair (I know God only decides what's really fair) to someone who lives there life being as good of a Christian as they can, but in the end they are on the same level as someone who did horrible deeds but the last year or two of there life decide they better get right with God....

Any thoughts?
"To one with faith, no explanation is needed. To one without faith, no explanation is possible."
Echoside
Valued Member

Re: Question on being saved.

Post by Echoside »

Dark Pony wrote:I have a question that I would like some input

If someone murders, rapes, hurts, etc.. someone else and as they near the end of there life and accepts Jesus as there Lord and Savior do they go to Heaven?

It doesn't seem fair (I know God only decides what's really fair) to someone who lives there life being as good of a Christian as they can, but in the end they are on the same level as someone who did horrible deeds but the last year or two of there life decide they better get right with God....

Any thoughts?
Short answer : Yes

Longer answer : I don't think it seems fair that ANYONE would go to heaven, the grace is all through God. Anyone who accepts Jesus is saved, end of story. The thing is, you can't just say "oh I've been murdering for a good 20 years, alright Jesus i'd like to accept you as my savior". Well you could, but without a real change of heart and regret you might as well keep on killing. You cannot bluff your way into heaven.

If an evil person sees the light and becomes a God-loving missionary for Christ you should rejoice that the lost person has been found, rather than point out all the wrongs in their life. The parable of the prodigal son is a good illustration of this.
Dark Pony
Acquainted Member

Post by Dark Pony »

Echoside wrote:
You cannot bluff your way into heaven.
Good point!
If an evil person sees the light and becomes a God-loving missionary for Christ you should rejoice that the lost person has been found, rather than point out all the wrongs in their life. The parable of the prodigal son is a good illustration of this.
You know it's funny to me that this is such a simple answer , yet for some reason I never really thought about it this way. Very well said.

I think I was so focused on thinking "how can a murderer get into heaven" I didn't stop to think if they TRULY accept God, then it should be time for joy! Thank you for your input.
"To one with faith, no explanation is needed. To one without faith, no explanation is possible."
Echoside
Valued Member

Post by Echoside »

Dark Pony wrote: I think I was so focused on thinking "how can a murderer get into heaven" I didn't stop to think if they TRULY accept God, then it should be time for joy! Thank you for your input.

No problem, glad to help :D
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Look at the apostle Paul, who was Saul of Tarsus. See what Saul did to Christians before God spoke to him.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Dark Pony
Acquainted Member

Post by Dark Pony »

RickD wrote:Look at the apostle Paul, who was Saul of Tarsus. See what Saul did to Christians before God spoke to him.
I'll def. research that. I'm currently studying the Bible a little more in depth, and I still have lots to learn. I recently began looking into false prophets (yes because of Harold Camping May 21 prophecy) and learned a ton. Interested in learning more! The Bible is a very interesting book to learn.
kevdog19
Recognized Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by kevdog19 »

why do you think all these priests rape little boys, they can always just repent later. It's one of the fundamental flaws of Christianity. So no I believe that all actions have karmic reprocussions.