It's a Christian world

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
ochotseat

It's a Christian world

Post by ochotseat »

According to the Barna surveys, as of 2002 up to 85 percent of Americans claimed to be Christian. That is a huge percentage! So why are we allowing our beliefs to be suppressed?
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/kansasci ... 190.htm?1c

http://www.wcfia.harvard.edu/papers/723 ... m03_03.pdf
Today, about a third of the global population are Christians—a percentage that has remained remarkably stable throughout the 20th
century. Today, roughly two billion Christians render Christianity the largest religion in the world. Christianity remains the most universal
religion too, as Christians form the majority in two-thirds of the world's countries.
Prodigal Son
Christian: No

Post by Prodigal Son »

i'd guess most of those people really aren't christian.
New Creation
2 Corinthians 5:7
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

Prodigal Son wrote:i'd guess most of those people really aren't christian.
Why would you say that? You think most of them are nominal Christians?
Dan
Valued Member
Christian: No

Post by Dan »

Of course, somewhere around 40-60 percent of americans support abortion.

That already rules out a lot of Christians even if you assume the other 15% were pro-choice, which is a terrible generalization, I'd say a good 50% of Christians in the world just claim to be Christians but aren't truly of the faith.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

Well, there are liberal Christians who somehow try to justify abortions and that kind of stuff. And, yeah, going to church doesn't make you a Christian. When I go to the library, it doesn't make me a book....probably less people are Christians (accepted Christ as their savior-mere christianity).
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:Well, there are liberal Christians who somehow try to justify abortions and that kind of stuff. And, yeah, going to church doesn't make you a Christian. When I go to the library, it doesn't make me a book....probably less people are Christians (accepted Christ as their savior-mere christianity).
It depends on how you define a Christian. About 90% of Americans and 1/3 of the world were asked if they accept Christ. They replied yes. Their actions and church attendance are another issue. I agree that more Christians as well as other people of other faiths, especially Muslims, should act more Godly.