Judas and Gaga

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
CeT-To
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Judas and Gaga

Post by CeT-To »

Anybody herd Lady Gaga's song Judas, it seems its umm i don't know how i would describe it... promoting satans kingdom? at least thats what i think is going on here ... thats what i got from the song.

What do you all think?

Video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wagn8Wrm ... judas-intl

Lyrics- http://www.metrolyrics.com/judas-lyrics-lady-gaga.html

God bless!
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
Seraph
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Judas and Gaga

Post by Seraph »

I can't watch the video on this computer sadly, but I looked up the lyrics. I think Gaga has said that she's a committed Catholic on a couple occasions. Based on that, I think the song probably has a deeper meaning that what's on the surface.

Perhaps she's saying that in the long run Jesus is her virtue but she laments that because of her sinful nature, Judas is the one she instead finds herself clinging to. Or something like that. :P
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Mmm fair enough, i didn't know that so i had a hard time discerning her song :S
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Seraph wrote:I can't watch the video on this computer sadly, but I looked up the lyrics. I think Gaga has said that she's a committed Catholic on a couple occasions. Based on that, I think the song probably has a deeper meaning that what's on the surface.

Perhaps she's saying that in the long run Jesus is her virtue but she laments that because of her sinful nature, Judas is the one she instead finds herself clinging to. Or something like that. :P
That's what I took from it too. As sinners we tend to gravitate to sin and in her song she seems to be gravitating toward the ultimate sin. Although I have a hard time thinking of Lady Gaga as a committed Catholic, I don't know what's in her heart so what do I know. I do like her as an artist though.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
dorkmaster
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by dorkmaster »

*shakes head* I hate modern music...
MarcusOfLycia

Post by MarcusOfLycia »

dorkmaster wrote:*shakes head* I hate modern music...
Yup...
-- Josh

“When you see a man with a great deal of religion displayed in his shop window, you may depend upon it, he keeps a very small stock of it within” C.H. Spurgeon

1st Corinthians 1:17- "For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel””not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power"
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

I'm struggling to work out how this 'Gaga' character has managed to sell a single record or cd. But then that goes for a whole host of nonsense we're calling music these days. Seems the more bizarre the 'artist' the more 'successful' they are. But perhaps I'm missing something pretty amazing here...
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

DannyM wrote:

I'm struggling to work out how this 'Gaga' character has managed to sell a single record or cd. But then that goes for a whole host of nonsense we're calling music these days. Seems the more bizarre the 'artist' the more 'successful' they are. But perhaps I'm missing something pretty amazing here...
Stay away from her music and pray for her true conversion to Christ . Next, would a true blood brought Christian really act, dress, be so sexual, as she does.

A Gold ring in a swines snout cannot not hide the pig.
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

She's actually a very talented musician independent of all the fluff.

Her real name is Stefani Germanotta and she was a student at New York University.

This is performance she gave just singing and sitting at the piano.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_hHc7TZjyY

I like some of her stuff and can do without other of it.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Wow thats good Lol and she looks so different, much better i might add!

DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

So why the 'shock' tactics? Can anyone get their swede around this?
-
-
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

DannyM wrote:So why the 'shock' tactics? Can anyone get their swede around this?
-
-
Because that's what sells, it's business.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Byblos wrote:
DannyM wrote:So why the 'shock' tactics? Can anyone get their swede around this?
-
-
Because that's what sells, it's business.
Quite. But it also masks inabillity.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

how does she claim to be christian when half her songs include promotion of fornification
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Murray wrote:how does she claim to be christian when half her songs include promotion of fornification
I would presume she's a sinner like most of us.