Just Watched "Jesus Camp"

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
eric246
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Just Watched "Jesus Camp"

Post by eric246 »

It was pretty depressing. It's another movie that depicts Christians as crazy people because a select group of people are extremists. Has anyone else seen the movie?
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Just Watched "Jesus Camp"

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Heard about it. Haven't seen it.

There are factions and sects of so-called Christian movements that are indeed very dangerous and depressing.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

eric246 wrote:It was pretty depressing. It's another movie that depicts Christians as crazy people because a select group of people are extremists. Has anyone else seen the movie?
Saw clips from it on a news report - a very bias an extremist leftist depiction of another extremist group...

Another fine living example of Saul Alinsky's - Rules for Radicals - rules 4, 5, 8, and 13 at work: see below...
RULE 4: Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules. You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity

RULE 5: Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It’s hard to counter attack ridicule, and it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.

RULE 13. Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. Don’t try to attack abstract corporations or bureaucracies. Identify a responsible individual. Ignore attempts to shift or spread the blame. The real action is in the enemy’s reaction. The enemy properly goaded and guided in his reaction will be your major strength.

RULE 8: Keep the pressure on, with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose

Dostoevski said that taking a new step is what people fear most. Any revolutionary change must be preceded by a passive, affirmative, non-challenging attitude toward change among the mass of our people. They must feel so frustrated, so defeated, so lost, so futureless in the prevailing system that they are willing to let go of the past and change the future. This acceptance is the reformation essential to any revolution.
— Saul Alinsky — Rules for Radicals, prologue
-
--
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
narnia4
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by narnia4 »

Wow, that quote about ridicule accurately describes the VAST majority of my encounters with "internet atheists". Ridicule is, unfortunately, a very effective weapon. In the past there's been several times that I was made to feel like I was stupid when the atheist wasn't even saying anything of value OR when he was only describing a small number of people. After a while I finally "got used to it", and it was astounding to realize how little substantial reason/argumentation was there.

I haven't seen the documentary, but from what I've heard I'd imagine it's the same sort of thing.
Young, Restless, Reformed
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Murray »

The reason atheist resort to spam and hate spewing is because they know at that point they have lost the debate
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte