Miracles in bible times versus today

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Miracles in bible times versus today

Post by Murray »

I could use so much of the bible to come back at this, but I think these 2 quotes will do

1) John 20:29
Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

2)John 12:37
Even after Jesus had done all these miraculous signs in their presence, they still would not believe in him.

God most likely just said something like "the hell with it, I showed them folks rising from the dead, blind given sight, ears growing back, and they still doubt this Is I?"

And honestly, even if a miracle like someone rising form the dead happened today, what do you think the atheist would say? "Oh he was not really dead, thats not possible for him to come back alive so its not true", or "oh, he was never really blind", anyway , trust me, they would not believe even if modern miracles like the ones found in the bible occured today. As seen in john 12:27, even folks in that day did not believe when they saw these things performed in front of them, same as modern day atheist.
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte