The reason for rejecting God

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

The reason for rejecting God

Post by Gman »

Actually it simply doesn't exist.. There is no reason to reject the God of the Bible. :P ;)
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: The reason for rejecting God

Post by Silvertusk »

Gman wrote:It's simply doesn't exist.. There is no reason to reject the God of the Bible. :P

That is possibly true - but that is not going to endear to people who are stuggling with their faith or are currently unbeleivers. Also if that was the case there would be no atheists.

Silvertusk.
Seraph
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Seraph »

Having wrestled with Atheism on numerous occasions, I would be lying if I said I don't sometimes empathize with some arguements posed against God's existence or Christianity's truthfulness. I obviously don't think people ought to reject Christianity, but in some cases I understand why some people do.

I think that after experiencing God directly though, He is absolutely irresitable and non-rejectable. :P
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Silvertusk wrote:
Gman wrote:It's simply doesn't exist.. There is no reason to reject the God of the Bible. :P

That is possibly true - but that is not going to endear to people who are stuggling with their faith or are currently unbeleivers. Also if that was the case there would be no atheists.

Silvertusk.
Yes.. The point I'm trying to make here however is when you boil it all down, I don't see any reason why anyone would reject the God of the Bible. Science can't refute God, philosophies, God's love, etc... When you examine all the perspectives there really is no reason to reject Him.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Echoside
Valued Member

Post by Echoside »

Gman wrote: Yes.. The point I'm trying to make here however is when you boil it all down, I don't see any reason why anyone would reject the God of the Bible. Science can't refute God, philosophies, etc... When you examine all the perspectives there really is no reason to reject Him.
The realm of agnostics goes far beyond proud scientists, it's kind of insulting to act like God is just hanging around all the time and I'm stubbornly telling him to go away. If I really am blind to God, then the issue is much more complex than you give it credit for being.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Echoside wrote:
Gman wrote: Yes.. The point I'm trying to make here however is when you boil it all down, I don't see any reason why anyone would reject the God of the Bible. Science can't refute God, philosophies, etc... When you examine all the perspectives there really is no reason to reject Him.
The realm of agnostics goes far beyond proud scientists, it's kind of insulting to act like God is just hanging around all the time and I'm stubbornly telling him to go away. If I really am blind to God, then the issue is much more complex than you give it credit for being.
Ok.. Then what is so complex about it? Please tell me..

eric246
Familiar Member

Post by eric246 »

I think it's more so people that do reject God, want to reject God. If you try something new, but in your mind you keep telling yourself you won't like it, you won't like it.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

"live life with all of its pleasures and none of its pains"
-richard dawkins

Some people have no mental dicipline, it is hard work to become a true christian and sadly the youth now love weed ,sex, and drunk partys instead of the good word of god.
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
coldblood
Recognized Member

Post by coldblood »

There is no reason to reject the God of the Bible.
Selfish pride might be one reason; a theology based on statements like this might be another.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

Some Scientists give themselves to much credit and it expands their already over inflated egos thus causing them to assume they know everything.
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

coldblood wrote:
Selfish pride might be one reason; a theology based on statements like this might be another.
What, one man's statement is reason to reject God? If we are talking about reason, in every sense of the word, then Gman is pretty close to the mark.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

DannyM wrote:
coldblood wrote:
What, one man's statement is reason to reject God? If we are talking about reason, in every sense of the word, then Gman is pretty close to the mark.

While it might not be a good reason to reject god, a minoritys statments can scare others away from the majority of that group.

A great example of this is WBC, I have had plenty of agnostics use them as a reason for not being christian.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

Murray wrote:
DannyM wrote:
coldblood wrote:

While it might not be a good reason to reject god, a minoritys statments can scare others away from the majority of that group.

A great example of this is WBC, I have had plenty of agnostics use them as a reason for not being christian.

WBC???
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

^

Westboro babtist Church, aka, all are condemed to eternal hell fire if they do not take an extreme stance against homosexuality and any pastor that teaches the bible any other way is a lieing false Prophet who has doomed their entire church to hell.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Murray wrote:^

Westboro babtist Church, aka, all are condemed to eternal hell fire if they do not take an extreme stance against homosexuality and any pastor that teaches the bible any other way is a lieing false Prophet who has doomed their entire church to hell.
This group is a dengerous cult and gives christianity a bad rap...

Bible says to mark those that cause divisions and stay clear of them...
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys