Is Salvation available to Fallen Angels? Why or why not?

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
ImmortalPhoenix
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Is Salvation available to Fallen Angels? Why or why not?

Post by ImmortalPhoenix »

OK, for the longest time I assumed that Fallen Angels cannot inherit salvation. This question just popped into my mind....and I want to hear others' takes on it. Please be thorough in your answers and please use Scripture as a base. Deeply appreciated and God bless.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: Is Salvation available to Fallen Angels? Why or why not?

Post by B. W. »

ImmortalPhoenix wrote:OK, for the longest time I assumed that Fallen Angels cannot inherit salvation. This question just popped into my mind....and I want to hear others' takes on it. Please be thorough in your answers and please use Scripture as a base. Deeply appreciated and God bless.
In a Nutshell

Read Matthew 25:41, 46 — Jude 1:6 - Rev 20:10-15 - 2 Peter 2:4 for your base.

Such beings are corrupt as Ezekiel 28:14, 15, 16, 17, 18 points out. Such beings have a concept of eternity and who God is. They exploit their knowledge about who God is and abuse his character in order to entrap God to act counter to his own nature, character, and word.

Since they are eternal beings — they cannot be redeemed due to the knowledge they have. So Revelation 20:10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 will happened and such will be eternally confined after being proven beyond all reasonable doubt what they are all about — corrupting, defiling, swindlers, liars, thieves, etc and etc...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

B. W. wrote:
ImmortalPhoenix wrote:OK, for the longest time I assumed that Fallen Angels cannot inherit salvation. This question just popped into my mind....and I want to hear others' takes on it. Please be thorough in your answers and please use Scripture as a base. Deeply appreciated and God bless.
In a Nutshell

Such beings are corrupt as Ezekiel 28:14, 15, 16, 17, 18 points out. Such beings have a concept of eternity and who God is. They exploit their knowledge about who God is and abuse his character in order to entrap God to act counter to his own nature, character, and word.

Since they are eternal beings — they cannot be redeemed due to the knowledge they have. So Revelation 20:10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 will happened and such will be eternally confined after being proven beyond all reasonable doubt what they are all about — corrupting, defiling, swindlers, liars, thieves, etc and etc...
-
-
-
Correct - and that is one reason, by the way, James 2:19 can't be used against the faith-alone Gospel. ;) :beat: ;)

Theologically, it's also worth noting that the whole reason men are savable is because they are in the image of God, anyway (thus, the idea of being born again in Christ's image). Are angels? Nope.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
ImmortalPhoenix
Newbie Member

B. W. wrote:
In a Nutshell

-
-
-

Very thorough, good use of Scripture. But, for the sake of Truth, since that is what I'm interested in....allow me to play devil's advocate(literally, LOL) for a moment, as I want a very diverse, and conclusive answer. The case you made, about them being damned for the knowledge they possess, can also be applied to Man. After all, the word portrays Man as being evil by nature, and filled with sin. Worse, we have a very dualistic nature, which Christ says in Revelation" I wish you were hot or cold, but because you are not, I will spew you from my mouth". The Word also says that Man has knowledge of God that he uses for evil, because it says that Man built idols and worshipped them. The Pharisees,as well, knew of God and used that knowledge for evil, for they knew the Scriptures, and when Christ said " you shall see the Son of Man riding on the clouds of Heaven", they KNEW the Messianic Prophecy, yet still chose to condemn Him. Herod knew prophecy, as he used it to try to kill the newborn Savior. Yet never does God's Word say that any of these individuals were outside Salvation. God's Word does relay the fact that Christ preached to the spirits in prison, but what "spirits" these are is still debated. Could it be the Fallen which the Word says " who are bound until the Day of Judgement" ? Basically, no one is truly ignorant of God. Also, the Word says that Man's soul, is also going to be an eternal being, as all humans will dwell either in heaven or hell forever.
ImmortalPhoenix
Newbie Member

Jac3510 wrote:
B. W. wrote:
In a Nutshell

-
-
-
Correct - and that is one reason, by the way, James 2:19 can't be used against the faith-alone Gospel. ;) :beat: ;)

Theologically, it's also worth noting that the whole reason men are savable is because they are in the image of God, anyway (thus, the idea of being born again in Christ's image). Are angels? Nope.

Once again, great answer! Very noteworthy.Again I'll play devil's advocate, to get a conclusive and diverse answer, as I am seeking the truth on this matter. Not made in the image of God? Angels are often called the " Sons of God" in Scripture.
Can't get anymore "God's Image" than that! LOL. But seriously, they are portrayed as having sentient emotion, free will, and are often felt to bring the Presence of God with them. Seeing as God created them with the capacity for emotion, thought, existence, and free will, exactly like Man(who is made in the Image of God), what deters them from being in God's image? After all, being in God's image doesn't mean you look like Him, it means you are created to be like Him, which since angels bear sentience of thought and self-awareness like God, and man, one can only conclude that they too are made in His image. Of course, not everything made is made in God's image. Animals, for one, do not bear self-awareness or sentient thought, they have instinct, but not thoughts, feelings and emotions like we would know them. Inanimate objects, like trees, or rocks, are not made in His image. Neither are stars, water, fire, earth...etc., etc. Sentience, self-awareness, emotion, and free will are earmarks of the Image of God. All four, which according to the Word of God, angels possess. And Christ Himself says in His Word that in Eternity, we shall be as the angels. By the way, hilarious animation! LOL.
Christian7
Newbie Member

Post by Christian7 »

To the first poster:
Are you a fallen angel? And if one part of the Sonship were denied salvation, salvation would meaningless, because salvation is release from bondage, our state of separation. The Sonship is incomplete without you, God Himself is incomplete without us. Everyone just seemes to play different roles for the time being, while we live in time. Angels are there to assist us, and if say one were to fall, like Lucifer, there would only be a lack in the Kingdom, not war. There is nothing but Love in Heaven. No conflict at all. So if one wants to be in a conflicting mood, no one else is going to stop him and violate the first rule of interference and that is to contradict free will. But this choice means that you will be in quite some darkness. But because of the torch Christ carried As Above and So Below, there is always a light in the distance for a chance at salvation. In this Light, since the ressurection of Christ, which happened beyond all time and reference, everyone has a passport to Heaven, to exist in unity with Creation as the Son of God. To sum up, wherever anyone may be in this universe, Christ is always shining the way back Home. The first step of salvation is accepting this as truth.
ImmortalPhoenix
Newbie Member

A very beautiful sentiment. :amen:
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

ImmortalPhoenix wrote:A very beautiful sentiment. :amen:
I see you have not posted in awhile - so wher have been???
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

B. W. wrote:
ImmortalPhoenix wrote:A very beautiful sentiment. :amen:
I see you have not posted in awhile - so wher have been???
-
-
-
He did not have internet for a while. I know him in real life, check my fb he just got back.
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
kmr
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by kmr »

Angels are immortal beings; because they can be without sin they do not need to be saved. If an angel does sin, it is because they have denied God. Fallen angels cannot be saved because they are immortal beings that could have been without sin, but instead chose to eternally fight God. Man, however, cannot be without sin, and is not immortal, so man would desperately need a way to be saved.
Legatus
Established Member
Location: California, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Legatus »

My take on this is this, because angels have SEEN God, they cannot be saved. They have SEEN God in all his power, and directly experienced his nature, including his love, they have FELT it. For them to sin after THAT, they have to REALLY WANT to sin. Thus, they are simply too far gone to ever be saved.

If people see God, it is stated in the bible that this would kill them. The reason for this may be because if they did, and still sinned, they would be as bad off as the angels. Thus, no one hasd ever seen God, at least not experienced him directly, his totality, as the angels have, but only seen what God wants them to see, some small part of him.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Legatus wrote:My take on this is this, because angels have SEEN God, they cannot be saved. They have SEEN God in all his power, and directly experienced his nature, including his love, they have FELT it. For them to sin after THAT, they have to REALLY WANT to sin. Thus, they are simply too far gone to ever be saved.

If people see God, it is stated in the bible that this would kill them. The reason for this may be because if they did, and still sinned, they would be as bad off as the angels. Thus, no one hasd ever seen God, at least not experienced him directly, his totality, as the angels have, but only seen what God wants them to see, some small part of him.
Excellent answer!
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
SnowDrops
Established Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by SnowDrops »

Legatus wrote:My take on this is this, because angels have SEEN God, they cannot be saved. They have SEEN God in all his power, and directly experienced his nature, including his love, they have FELT it. For them to sin after THAT, they have to REALLY WANT to sin. Thus, they are simply too far gone to ever be saved.

That's what I was thinking. In fact, Rich said the same thing (in one of the articles).
Btw, how many people here actually know who the creator of the site is?
The first step to learning is to admit that you don't know.
rainagain
Acquainted Member

Post by rainagain »

My take on this is that we are ALL angels who fell away.
God deemed that we taste death, then the judgement. Those of us here (incarnated as carnal man) followed the plan. The fallen angels who wouldn't, are 'already judged', and await the final destruction.
There's a name for them, I forget... "ruach?, something like that. They're the guys that came down and mated with the daughters of men, producing the Nephalim, like Goliath.

WE are the prodigal sons.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

rainagain wrote:My take on this is that we are ALL angels who fell away.
God deemed that we taste death, then the judgement. Those of us here (incarnated as carnal man) followed the plan. The fallen angels who wouldn't, are 'already judged', and await the final destruction.
There's a name for them, I forget... "ruach?, something like that. They're the guys that came down and mated with the daughters of men, producing the Nephalim, like Goliath.

WE are the prodigal sons.
That's an interesting answer, rainagain. The original poster asked for an answer that is backed by scripture. Could you please tell us how your opinion is scriptural?

Thanks, and welcome to the site.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony