I kinda would like to know why...

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Jonouchi Katsuya
Established Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

I kinda would like to know why...

Post by Jonouchi Katsuya »

I went to a store the other day and I was walking around the Tarot cards. Normally I just find the typical things like Harry Potter, Norse Mythology, Pagan Mythology... lots of stuff like that! But... I found one that was Biblical.

Would you consider purchasing a deck of these cards? Or would you feel a slight outrage in the pit of your stomach.

As a non-Christian I actually thought about buying them because I liked the art. Very pretty Angels. Jesus and such. But there was something telling me that... these cards were not very appropriate considering what the inspiration was...
Hi I am a Buddhist and I seek enlightenment. I do not know everything. I do not pretend to know everything. I desire strongly to discuss the Bible as you see it. Please correct me when I get something wrong.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: I kinda would like to know why...

Post by Murray »

Well honestly as a christian I would really not find them to offencive, I see no parables that condem the use of jesus playing cars :pound:
I can't really think of how it could offend me.

And may I say, on a un-related topic, you are one of the few kind, polite, and open minded non-christians that visits ours site. It's great to see their are still people our there who are open-minded.
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Jonouchi Katsuya wrote:I went to a store the other day and I was walking around the Tarot cards. Normally I just find the typical things like Harry Potter, Norse Mythology, Pagan Mythology... lots of stuff like that! But... I found one that was Biblical.

Would you consider purchasing a deck of these cards? Or would you feel a slight outrage in the pit of your stomach.

As a non-Christian I actually thought about buying them because I liked the art. Very pretty Angels. Jesus and such. But there was something telling me that... these cards were not very appropriate considering what the inspiration was...
I think that's somewhat ironic that a non-Christian, as you describe yourself, knows the inspiration of the tarot cards, and finds them inappropriate. Many Christians don't have the discernment to know "Christian" tarot cards are inappropriate. Good for you, Jonouchi.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

I have 0 idea what tarot card is, I assume they were playing cards?

Maybe I should go figure that out then right......
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Jonouchi Katsuya
Established Member

Murray wrote:I have 0 idea what tarot card is, I assume they were playing cards?

Tarot cards are cards that "tell the future" Though... I just find them fun. I don't really believe in them it is just kinda a game for me. Often the art is beautiful on these cards and I happen to like to collect cards in general. Yugioh, Baseball, Tarot, Playing cards.

Telling the future is against Christianity. Tarot is considered on the lines of witchcraft from what I understand...

But... some consider them to be harmless fun like me. But I am not Christian so... maybe it is something to ignore? ^.^;
Hi I am a Buddhist and I seek enlightenment. I do not know everything. I do not pretend to know everything. I desire strongly to discuss the Bible as you see it. Please correct me when I get something wrong.
Kenzel
Recognized Member

Post by Kenzel »

Murray wrote:I have 0 idea what tarot card is, I assume they were playing cards?

There really are Christian TCG cards out there..no joke :lol:
Jonouchi Katsuya
Established Member

Kenzel wrote:

There really are Christian TCG cards out there..no joke :lol:
Wow there are? *hearts*

I should go look for some. I really love to collect cards of all kinds!