passages where God does something nice

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
CeT-To
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: passages where God does something nice

Post by CeT-To »

Jonouchi Katsuya wrote:
neo-x wrote:hmmm it is...but not for God, God's wrath is not meaning less. it has meaning and purpose which sometimes we do not understand
"Do as I say not as I do" ?

It is OK if this is the case. Kinda like... Dogs can't get up on the couch or sleep on my bed.
God is a being of infinite value - we are just corrupt humans. God's wrath comes from his judgement - it is a just punishment to whom it awaits, we humans can only discern but not judge a man in the same context as God's judgement upon others.
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by neo-x »

It is OK if this is the case. Kinda like... Dogs can't get up on the couch or sleep on my bed.
Its like, you (Not referring to you) can't have sex when you are six years old, but yeah your parents can. At that age you do not have the ability or the brains to experience that act completely or logically. so even if we view it, it would not make much sense except to see it as playfull cuddling but it is ofcourse more than that.

Similarly somethings are in the hands of God alone, by the way you can't blame a judge for punishing the man who committed something seriously wrong.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Jonouchi Katsuya
Established Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Jonouchi Katsuya »

neo-x wrote:

Its like, you (Not referring to you) can't have sex when you are six years old, but yeah your parents can. At that age you do not have the ability or the brains to experience that act completely or logically. so even if we view it, it would not make much sense except to see it as playfull cuddling but it is ofcourse more than that.

Similarly somethings are in the hands of God alone, by the way you can't blame a judge for punishing the man who committed something seriously wrong.
Do to some terrible things in my husband's life... he did experience things he should not have had to go through do to parents who were unwilling to protect him. He did not view this as playful cuddling... he viewed this as a degrading and horrible thing... and he knew it was wrong and he told his parents... and his parents thought he was lying and then after years (6 or 7) had passed... they blamed it on him. The sufferer of the atrocities because... girls could never do anything like that.

Though he did not experience it logically (he has even told me this himself that he did not experience it logically).... he still understood it was wrong... he still feels ashamed... To say a child would not know it was wrong... is a disservice to the child.

He is still not completely over it... but adores me as the first woman to show him true love.
Hi I am a Buddhist and I seek enlightenment. I do not know everything. I do not pretend to know everything. I desire strongly to discuss the Bible as you see it. Please correct me when I get something wrong.