Good Tanakh/Old Testament study Bible

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Good Tanakh/Old Testament study Bible

Post by Gman »

Jac3510 wrote:I don't hate the Bible. I hate when the Bible is misinterpreted. I hate intentional disobedience. Paul was furious with the Judaizers. He said they should castrate themselves.
Perhaps you might like to say that to the King of the Jews.. A believer in Torah. A real Jew. Matthew 27:11, Mark 15:2, Luke 23:3
Jac3510 wrote:You're putting people under bondage. That's what I hate. Again, Paul explicitly compares the Law to a curse, to a jailor, to a pedagogue, to a house manager, and to Haggar. Concerning Haggar, he says explicitly to throw her out--her and her children; that is, those who want to be under the Law.

You can ignore Paul if you like. I'm free from the Law. The Law I follow is the Royal Law: to love others and to love God. The Law you follow is but a shadow of the real Law of Christ. You're busy with the kiddie stuff when Christ is offering you the world. And you are rejecting it. That makes you anathema (Gal 1:8-9). Worse, you are encouraging others to reject it.
Please save your speech because you still can't even give us an understanding of love outside of G-d's Torah. It's totally subjective according to your own will...
Jac3510 wrote:You'll answer to God for that.
Perhaps I will.. At least I'm willing to consider ways and not write off huge sections of the Bible for a freedom that isn't free..
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

And you call yourself a moderator? With that kind of nasty, mean spirited straw man?

I can't foe you. The good news, I never have to read another of your posts.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Jac3510 wrote:And you call yourself a moderator? With that kind of nasty, mean spirited straw man?

I can't foe you. The good news, I never have to read another of your posts.
Right.. You tell me to castrate myself and then you go after my title..

Well as a moderator, I'm going to lock this post.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8