Political Predictions 2016

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Political Predictions 2016

Post by Philip »

Ah, ACB and Jac, drink deeply, my friends! But hope let's hope there is no bad aftertaste!

I now believe Jac can convince himself of just about ANYthing, if he puts enough words in writing! :pound: Oh, but I DO hope he's right! :D
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Philip wrote:Ah, ACB and Jac, drink deeply, my friends! But hope let's hope there is no bad aftertaste!

I now believe Jac can convince himself of just about ANYthing he can put in writing! :pound: Oh, but I DO hope he's right! :D

The kool-aid is good my friend,no need to be worried about bad aftertaste. I trust Trump over any politician and you should too.He's running because he wants to help America and it its good he is rich because he's less likely to be bought off like they are.You're gonna like to see liberals lose politically for a change.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I really love how talking politics brings out the best in all of us.

Nothing says brotherly love, quite like politics does.

The best thing Trump has going for him is that he's not Hillary. That just may be enough to win him the election.

But then again, Obama was elected to a second term, so...
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

RickD wrote:The best thing Trump has going for him is that he's not Hillary. That just may be enough to win him the election.
That and his opposition to NAFTA and TPP. And his list of SCOTUS appointees. But other than than, not much to like. But it's enough for me.
Which I predicted. ;)
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Jac3510 wrote:
RickD wrote:The best thing Trump has going for him is that he's not Hillary. That just may be enough to win him the election.
That and his opposition to NAFTA and TPP. And his list of SCOTUS appointees. But other than than, not much to like. But it's enough for me.
Which I predicted. ;)
As much as I'm not fond of Trump the candidate, I find a little comfort in those who he will surround himself with. He's a very smart man. He will listen to those around him who he trusts.

And that is infinitely better than anything that the lying, enabling, above the law Hillary has to offer.

But all this is really a "mute" point. God told Ted Cruz's fath......
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

Phil, especially for you, give this a read:
http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1479980609 ... n-election

From that link:
  • If you’re new to persuasion, Trump and Clinton probably appear to be two adults hurling random insults at each other. But once you see under the hood, you realize these insults are anything but random. They are the work of Master Persuaders, operating at the highest level.
I'm telling you, Trump isn't an idiot. He knows exactly what he is doing. There is literal research and psychology behind what he has been doing, and he has been doing it masterfully. You call it drinking koolaide. I'm telling you that, for the first time in my life, I'm seeing someone who actually knows how human beings work use that to their advantage. It's an impressive (if not scary) thing to see.

Again, not an endorsement as much as it is a simple observation. You think this is about rationality and competence and culture. It's not. Not by a long shot.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Am I missing something?

Who called Trump an idiot, or said he is stupid?

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

RickD wrote:
The best thing Trump has going for him is that he's not Hillary. That just may be enough to win him the election.

These are why weasel hair will get my vote. Believe me, I can only hope and pray as I do so.

And, Jac, I do realize that DT isn't ONLY mouthing off the cuff, that he has an astute team of political psychologists and analysts - but still, I have concerns. But no one comes with guarantees. But at least when we KNOW a long track record like that of Slick Willy Inc., well, ANYone but them, right? But I'd rather see people directly and clearly communicated with, than through clever manipulations and posturing. Question is, do you want to LEAD the clueless (some of which MIGHT be willing to listen to superior ideas, if so convinced) or do you just want to dominate and beat them. And to LEAD them requires building trust. Because if not enough of the U.S. electorate begins to think differently, we're gonna continue our slide into the muck. Of course, ultimately, that rests on one's spiritual sensibilities.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

This should put to rest any reservations about Trump, for those few "never-Trump" stragglers.

According to the prosperity gospel word-faith heretic televangelist Paula White, Trump is saved.

So there. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, all you, "Trump ain't no Christian" haters.

And White called Trump's presumptive nomination, "likely the 'hand of God' at work."

So, now we have God telling Cruz's father that Ted will be next POTUS. AND we have Trump's nomination as the "hand of God at work".

I'm so confused! :stars:

-Edward R Murrow

Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

RickD wrote:Am I missing something?

Who called Trump an idiot, or said he is stupid?
Pretty sure calling someone a baboon qualifies.
Philip wrote:These are why weasel hair will get my vote. Believe me, I can only hope and pray as I do so.

And, Jac, I do realize that DT isn't ONLY mouthing off the cuff, that he has an astute team of political psychologists and analysts - but still, I have concerns. But no one comes with guarantees. But at least when we KNOW a long track record like that of Slick Willy Inc., well, ANYone but them, right? But I'd rather see people directly and clearly communicated with, than through clever manipulations and posturing. Question is, do you want to LEAD the clueless (some of which MIGHT be willing to listen to superior ideas, if so convinced) or do you just want to dominate and beat them. And to LEAD them requires building trust. Because if not enough of the U.S. electorate begins to think differently, we're gonna continue our slide into the muck. Of course, ultimately, that rests on one's spiritual sensibilities.
I actually don't think he has a team of psychologists work with him. I think he gets that from 30 years of studying people at the highest level and learning what works and what doesn't at said levels where there is zero room for error (playing with the big boys, as it is said), along with an abnormal gift for salesmanship anyway. He's just doing by nature what psychologists are figuring out works. That's one of the things that makes him so very impressive.

Second, I challenge your premise. The masses are not willing to listen to superior ideas. That's the whole point. People aren't rational. They're driven by emotions. They look for things to justify their beliefs and not vice versa, and this applies to so-called objective pundits. Go check out the Sean Trende article I linked Rick to above, and in particular note the article he links in that one. The point is that people don't want to be lead. They don't, so just let go of the fantasy. What people want is to be told that they are right. That is by far more important to them than being told what's best for them.

Third, I don't want to be lead, and I'm not interested in anyone leading me or this country. What I want is to be left alone (see the emotions in that statement? I'm not immune to this either, and neither are you). I want leaders who promote self-responsibility, in large part because I already believe in that idea. It's a way of telling me I'm right. Sure, yeah, I absolutely believe that such a world would be better for everyone. But that's not the factor that drives me emotionally. That isn't what compels me. And guess what? It isn't what compels you either.

So you're a Reagan Republican, right? You tend to look at him as the template for what a good leader ought to be. And you look at Trump, and he's nothing like Reagan. Are you surprised at your visceral reaction? I'm asking you to be honest with yourself. And you're also from a generation that appreciates strong leaders because your generation still believes in institutions. That word has gotten a bad rap, but that's because of my generation. We don't like institutions. I can tell you that I don't. But whatever you think about them, you should recognize your generation still believed (believes) in them, which translates into a belief in strong leadership.

Guess what? I don't. My entire generation doesn't. I think of John Maxwell is a fool. There is no law of the lid. And my whole generation agrees, as does the one after me. I'm not telling you that to say that we're right and that leadership is useless. I'm telling you that because I'm pointing out why I disagree with the basis of your questions. From my perspective, you just have the wrong framework.

So I'm looking for someone who can inspire, and if they can't do that, someone who at least will promote the cause. I'm looking for someone of integrity as well as someone who has no interest in "the system," who isn't afraid to break a few dishes. Trump checks some of those boxes and not others, and that's okay. At core, he's presenting himself as a nationalist and not a globalist. And, of course, Clinton is absolutely everything I detest. But that's all just why I'll begrudgingly vote for the man. I'm still no fan. (I was an ardent Huckabee supporter.) I'm just recognizing why he will win, and I'm asking you for a rational analysis of the facts. And a LARGE part of the facts relate to the psychology of the electorate, and neither dismissing that nor dismissing Trump himself as a baboon is anything like appropriate in my book. I mean, I suppose you can post whatever you want, but when you sound like Hannity or Limbaugh, if I get involved in the conversation, it's just going to be to call you on it (from my perspective).
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Trump has the American people behind him and I think it will continue and if\when Trump faces opposition as President? He will first off fight politically for the things he ran on but I also expect to see Trump continuing to speak to the American people kinda like Reagan did.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

PSA:

Whenever anyone says "the American people", and follow it up with an assertion about what "the American people" want or what they believe or whatever, make it a point to immediately ignore those people. Such people are not taking what they are saying seriously and therefore should not be taken seriously.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Jac3510 wrote:PSA:

Whenever anyone says "the American people", and follow it up with an assertion about what "the American people" want or what they believe or whatever, make it a point to immediately ignore those people. Such people are not taking what they are saying seriously and therefore should not be taken seriously.
You watch Jac. Trump will continue to speak to the American people.You can expect to see Presidential national addresses to the nation.Also Trump will win in a landslide,it is not as close as the media portrays.

Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

Of course, ACB. Trump will win. That doesn't mean he has "the American people" behind him. Stop being so ridiculous. Did you not just read what I wrote to Phil? Fool. If Trump DOES lose this thing, it will be because of people like you.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Jac3510 wrote:No duh, ACB. Trump will win. That doesn't mean he has "the American people" behind him. Stop being so ridiculous. Did you not just read what I wrote to Phil? Fool. If Trump DOES lose this thing, it will be because of people like you.
Why people like me?If Trump wins in a landslide? He has the American people behind him and in order to keep it he will need to continue to speak to the American people and he will.That is all I was saying.