Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Kuglof
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by Kuglof »

Thank You StMonicaGuideMe!
Romans116
Newbie Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Romans116 »

Hey, im Tyler. Ive been stalking these boards for years now (and the main site, which has helped me tons during the years.) and I Finally decided to join the board. Ive been struggling with my faithfor awhile and its mostly due to my laziness to not continuelly"walk" in my faith. So I thought it might help to engage with you guys, and learn. Over all the different forums ive seen and visted you guys are the most brightest and smartest bunch I seen. I usually dont post questions because I do my own research, but that hasnt gotten me no where. So maybe your insight could help.

Thanks and God Bless!'

BTW: Happy (late) Thanksgiving!
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

Romans116 wrote:Hey, im Tyler. Ive been stalking these boards for years now (and the main site, which has helped me tons during the years.) and I Finally decided to join the board. Ive been struggling with my faithfor awhile and its mostly due to my laziness to not continuelly"walk" in my faith. So I thought it might help to engage with you guys, and learn. Over all the different forums ive seen and visted you guys are the most brightest and smartest bunch I seen. I usually dont post questions because I do my own research, but that hasnt gotten me no where. So maybe your insight could help.

Thanks and God Bless!'

Welcome to the board - hope you enjoy posting here and we look forward to your questions.

God Bless

Silvertusk.
Reactionary

Post by Reactionary »

Romans116 wrote:Hey, im Tyler. Ive been stalking these boards for years now (and the main site, which has helped me tons during the years.) and I Finally decided to join the board. Ive been struggling with my faithfor awhile and its mostly due to my laziness to not continuelly"walk" in my faith.
Welcome, Tyler. I understand where you're coming from - as a person who (has) sometimes struggled with faith because of laziness/hedonism. :oops:
Romans116 wrote:So I thought it might help to engage with you guys, and learn. Over all the different forums ive seen and visted you guys are the most brightest and smartest bunch I seen. I usually dont post questions because I do my own research, but that hasnt gotten me no where. So maybe your insight could help.

Thanks and God Bless!

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing about this forum - insightful members and a tolerant community. I hope this forum will help you as much it has helped me. I always lurk about, so I'll be glad if I'm able to help somehow.

Regards
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Romans116 wrote:Hey, im Tyler. Ive been stalking these boards for years now (and the main site, which has helped me tons during the years.) and I Finally decided to join the board. Ive been struggling with my faithfor awhile and its mostly due to my laziness to not continuelly"walk" in my faith. So I thought it might help to engage with you guys, and learn. Over all the different forums ive seen and visted you guys are the most brightest and smartest bunch I seen. I usually dont post questions because I do my own research, but that hasnt gotten me no where. So maybe your insight could help.

Thanks and God Bless!'

Welcome aboard, Tyler!

Happy Thanksgiving
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

Thanks and God Bless!'

Welcome Tyler! Be relieved, most of us struggle with "hedonism" in some form or another. Consider the fact you made a post here a little miracle and a push from the Holy Ghost, and even better, that you listened! :D

Reactionary, why does the idea of you "lurking" cause me to giggle? XD
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
Romans116
Newbie Member

Post by Romans116 »

Hey, thanks for the welcome and support. Means a lot.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Welcome, Tyler. :wave:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

I wonder what percentage of people that come here actually stay. Gotta be like 10% or something like that
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Reactionary

Post by Reactionary »

StMonicaGuideMe wrote:Reactionary, why does the idea of you "lurking" cause me to giggle? XD
I don't know. Mind that English is my second language, so I can't know if a word has a "hidden use", to put it that way. 8)
My use of the word was plain, as you can see:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/lurking

4. To read but not contribute to the discussion in a newsgroup, chatroom, or other online forum.

It's not that I don't contribute, it's just that 223 posts in 8 months is a little less than usual. That's all. :)
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

LOL I approve :P
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
Amalric
Acquainted Member

Post by Amalric »

Hello everyone. I hope to get to know the more vocal of you over the next few weeks. I hope to be able to post in some of your discussions on the New Testament.
Romans 1:3-4 "concerning His Son, who was became of the seed of David according to the flesh, who was appointed the Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness by the resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord,"
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Amalric wrote:
Hello everyone. I hope to get to know the more vocal of you over the next few weeks.
Danny, this means you. :lol:

Welcome to the board, Amalric. :ebiggrin:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Welcome aboard, Amalric!

Rick's usually about if you want vocal! :wave:
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
inlovewiththe44
Recognized Member
Sex: Female

Post by inlovewiththe44 »

Hey everyone :)

I'm Rachel. Currently a college student. I've been lurking on godandscience.org and the discussion boards for about 2 months now. It started when I began to have doubts with my faith. Reading through everything has definitely helped me in my walk with Christ, so I have a good portion of you to thank for that :) Hopefully I'll be able to add to the discussion every now and then.

Nice to 'meet' everyone haha.