Problem of evil

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: Problem of evil

Post by Kurieuo »

B. W. wrote:
MAGSolo wrote:I would like to revisit this comment by Paul. You pretty clearly here have voiced your opinion that you dont agree with the idea of God killing people before they commit a sinful act. I would like to clear this up. Is this how you feel? Anyone else feel free to chime in. Do you all agree that it is not a good idea for God to kill people before they commit an evil act?
So, what I am hearing you say Mag is this: It is perfectly acceptable for human beings to kill each other, correct?
-
-
-
You got that? I just keep hearing blah blah blah... blah blah blah blah with question marks on the end. y:-?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
MAGSolo
Valued Member
Christian: No

Post by MAGSolo »

from what you quoted Im really not seeing at all how you are hearing me say that
Me: So you people dont think its not okay for God to kill people before they commit an evil act right?
B.W.: So what I hear you saying is that its perfectly acceptable for human being to kill each other, correct?

Im super confused how you got that from what I said
Last edited by MAGSolo on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
MAGSolo
Valued Member

Post by MAGSolo »

Kurieuo wrote:
B. W. wrote:
MAGSolo wrote:I would like to revisit this comment by Paul. You pretty clearly here have voiced your opinion that you dont agree with the idea of God killing people before they commit a sinful act. I would like to clear this up. Is this how you feel? Anyone else feel free to chime in. Do you all agree that it is not a good idea for God to kill people before they commit an evil act?
So, what I am hearing you say Mag is this: It is perfectly acceptable for human beings to kill each other, correct?
-
-
-
You got that? I just keep hearing blah blah blah... blah blah blah blah with question marks on the end. y:-?
So is this like the official point where Christians just start derailing threads when they are unable to answer a tough question? When the going gets tough, just throw out baseless accusations of trolling right y:-?
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

MAGSolo wrote:So is this like the official point where Christians just start derailing threads when they are unable to answer a tough question? When the going gets tough, just throw out baseless accusations of trolling right
Your questions are not tough. They are quite simple, even. The problem is with you:
MAGSolo wrote:Im super confused how you got that from what I said
Indeed you are confused! as I've been saying all along. You have trouble understanding what is written to you. You have trouble understanding & accepting even simple explanations. Here is another explanation which you will probably not understand; I write it for the benefit of others:

Mal 1:3, God, who can see the end from the beginning knew that Esau's life would produce much misery for His Chosen People, hence His hatred for Esau right from his birth. Esau's descendents continue to produce grief for Israel - and for Christians - even to this day.

So, since God can see generations of evil resulting from the birth of a child such as Esau, He can also see the good that may come from random evil acts.

FL y~o)
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
MAGSolo
Valued Member

Post by MAGSolo »

Is that your answer to this question I posted:
I would like to revisit this comment by Paul. You pretty clearly here have voiced your opinion that you dont agree with the idea of God killing people before they commit a sinful act. I would like to clear this up. Is this how you feel? Anyone else feel free to chime in. Do you all agree that it is not a good idea for God to kill people before they commit an evil act?
Are you saying that God shouldnt kill people before they do evil because he can see the good that can often come down the line even if its generations later?
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Magsolo, I feel like you are ignoring my posts.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

1over137 wrote:Magsolo, I feel like you are ignoring my posts.
Light dawns on Marblehead! :mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

RickD wrote:
Light dawns on Marblehead! :mrgreen:
You see Magsolo how people started to treat you? It is reaction to your attitude.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

MAGSolo wrote:Are you saying that God shouldnt kill people before they do evil because he can see the good that can often come down the line even if its generations later?
Focus! Where did I say that God should do this or do that? Who am I to tell God what to do?!

Focus! ...and congratulations! you seem to have understood something, even though dimly.

FL :clap:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
MAGSolo
Valued Member

Post by MAGSolo »

No, Im not ignoring your posts. Sometimes I just dont really have anything to say to a particular post. Take your post about your depression for example. You say that some good came from it because now you understand depressed and suicidal people. Okay thats cool I guess. Yet i have posted about a 3 year old boy cooked to death by his mother. I five year old girl sold by her mother to a pedophile where she was raped and then killed, and here a 10 year old girl that was kidnapped with her mother, raped, and her mother was stabbed to death. My point is what about all the cases where no good comes of evil? When Im talking about children being raped and murdered in terrible ways, and you are telling me about how you recovered from depression, I feel that there is a disconnect somewhere and so there really isnt much for me to say to a post like that.
Last edited by MAGSolo on Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

MAGSolo wrote:
No, Im not ignoring your posts. Sometimes I just dont really have anything to say to a particular post. Take your post about your depression for example. You say that some good came from it because now you understand depressed and suicidal people. Okay thats cool I guess. Yet i have posted about a 3 year old boy cooked to death by his mother. I five year old girl sole by her mother to a pedophile where she was raped and then killed, and here a 10 year old girl that was kidnapped with her mother, raped, and her mother was stabbed to death. My point is what about all the cases where no good comes of evil? When Im talking about children being raped and murdered in terrible ways, and you are telling me about how you recovered from depression, I feel that there is a disconnect somewhere and so there really isnt much for me to say to a post like that.
Then waitfor that children to become adult and see then. I spoke for myself to give you a hint.

#foreverinmyheart
MAGSolo
Valued Member

Post by MAGSolo »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
MAGSolo wrote:Are you saying that God shouldnt kill people before they do evil because he can see the good that can often come down the line even if its generations later?
Focus! Where did I say that God should do this or do that? Who am I to tell God what to do?!

Focus! ...and congratulations! you seem to have understood something, even though dimly.

Here again there seems to be a disconnect somewhere or it seems like you havent been following the conversation somehow. Im asking a very simple question. Are you okay with God killing people before they commit an act of evil or arent you? It seems like a pretty simple question that nobody seems capable of answering. This all started when I said that God could and probably should kill people before they commit acts of evil and a lot of people seemed really indignant towards my idea. Im saying that I believe that God could and should kill people about to do evil, do you agree or disagree with me?
Last edited by MAGSolo on Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MAGSolo
Valued Member

Post by MAGSolo »

1over137 wrote:
MAGSolo wrote:
No, Im not ignoring your posts. Sometimes I just dont really have anything to say to a particular post. Take your post about your depression for example. You say that some good came from it because now you understand depressed and suicidal people. Okay thats cool I guess. Yet i have posted about a 3 year old boy cooked to death by his mother. I five year old girl sole by her mother to a pedophile where she was raped and then killed, and here a 10 year old girl that was kidnapped with her mother, raped, and her mother was stabbed to death. My point is what about all the cases where no good comes of evil? When Im talking about children being raped and murdered in terrible ways, and you are telling me about how you recovered from depression, I feel that there is a disconnect somewhere and so there really isnt much for me to say to a post like that.
Then waitfor that children to become adult and see then. I spoke for myself to give you a hint.
Lover, if a child is murdered, how can you wait for them to become an adult?
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

MAGSolo wrote:
1over137 wrote:
MAGSolo wrote:
Lover, if a child is murdered, how can you wait for them to become an adult?
I thinked of raped child.

#foreverinmyheart
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

MAGSolo wrote:
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:

Here again there seems to be a disconnect somewhere or it seems like you havent been following the conversation somehow. Im asking a very simple question. Are you okay with God killing people before they commit an act of evil or arent you? It seems like a pretty simple question that nobody seems capable of answering. This all started when I said that God could and probably should kill people before they commit acts of evil and a lot of people seemed really indignant towards my idea. Im saying that I believe that God could and should kill people about to do evil, do you agree or disagree with me?
Ok, God would kill those people and then what? No chance for a killer to repent and become Christian? Also, you cannot know whether killed children are in heaven now.

#foreverinmyheart