Who made the rule that death is the punishment for sin?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
outlaw
Established Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Who made the rule that death is the punishment for sin?

Post by outlaw »

We believe because it is a matter of faith. In life you must have faith in someone or something. If you don't have faith in anything to make sense of the world you live in, then what is your purpose in life? Do you then have a true life?
Since when is faith a pathway to truth?
In what other part of your life do you use faith to find the truth?
If you were to go by faith then there's nothing to distinguish you from following Islam, Judaism, etc where is your faith in the Torah, the book of mormon?
Be honest, it's not a matter of faith it's a matter of choice.
In life you must have faith in someone or something
No you see this is a preconceived idea, why do you have to have FAITH in something? I have reasonable expectation formed by past experience I don't have faith.
Why do you have to believe in something without evidence in order to make sense of the world, and find a purpose in life?
Do you know what makes no sense, believing an incomprehensible invisible force can make sense and provides your life purpose.

Yes I have a true life
outlaw
Established Member

Post by outlaw »

I would have to agree that God saves us from Himself.
Well the natural progression from there is to ask
Why does anyone thank it, worship it or love it?

Because that would be like thanking an abusive spouse for not abusing you.
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Outlaw, It is not allowed to copy-paste parts from other websites without providing also a link. Are you author of the text?
I started to read your post and noticed you copy-pasted for example from http://www.biblicalnonsense.com/chapter11.html
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Starhunter
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Starhunter »

Lonewolf wrote:Who or how was it decided what "nature" God was to have?
The nature of God's personality is known by Christ and the law.
The nature of the universe bears the signature of the artist, it reveals love.

So the nature of the universe is determined by the character of the Artist or Creator.
It is a work of authenticity.
Starhunter

Post by Starhunter »

outlaw wrote:

God is life, and yes life naturally kills creeps.

A creep enters your house to murder, you get out of bed to protect your family, you corner him and manage to be in a position to overcome him, you warn him of the danger he is in and spare his life, and then he calls you an abuser? ?
Starhunter

Post by Starhunter »

outlaw wrote: Why do you have to believe in something without evidence in order to make sense of the world, and find a purpose in life?
Do you know what makes no sense, believing an incomprehensible invisible force can make sense and provides your life purpose.

Yes I have a true life
The evidence to not be faithless and ungrateful just came out of your own mouth.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Outlaw, please post the link that you copied that long post from. Please post links on anything you quote.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Lonewolf
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Lonewolf »

outlaw wrote:
We believe because it is a matter of faith. In life you must have faith in someone or something. If you don't have faith in anything to make sense of the world you live in, then what is your purpose in life? Do you then have a true life?
If you were to go by faith then there's nothing to distinguish you from following Islam, Judaism, etc where is your faith in the Torah, the book of mormon?
No you see this is a preconceived idea, why do you have to have FAITH in something? I have reasonable expectation formed by past experience I don't have faith.
Why do you have to believe in something without evidence in order to make sense of the world, and find a purpose in life?

Yes I have a true life
Sir Outlaw, I hear you man. I've read your first question and I understand how it just doesn't make sense to you that if God being God could of decided what nature He would be and in His wisdom have come up with a different way for His creation to function. I hear you.

What can I answer to that?

Could of, would of, should of?

The way I feel about it is, it is what it is.

And what it is ~> tells me instinctively that there is an order to things (even if that order is His order), that order tells that there is a wrong and a right, that there is truths and lies which we must act upon in order to continue in the intelligence of this life.

Why not follow Islam, or Buddhism, or anything else then?

Frankly speaking, I'm probably one of the only Christians around that believe that God does act and teach individuals no matter what error they may find themselves in.
But I am not going to get into a complete explanation as to why I personally do not follow any other faith than the one of God in the Bible.
Suffice to say that that is the faith which to me has the most sensible message and value(s) of any, and through it my eyes have been opened to see, hear, an understand the world under a different light, a spiritual light you might say.

As I said before a few posts back, and as you picked up and quoted me on, we live by faith, I live by faith. That is my choosing by the grace of my God.

It doesn't have to be yours and I'm not trying to force it on you. I'm simply trying to answer your question(s). You decide what and what doesn't make sense to you. You're the one that has to live with what and what you don't believe in.
And if eat, sh*t and die is all that you believe we're good for as humans, well, what can I say? I don't agree with that, but to each his own, right?
Your outward profession of having put on Christ, has as yet to put off Plato from your heart!
outlaw
Established Member

Post by outlaw »

1over137 wrote:Outlaw, It is not allowed to copy-paste parts from other websites without providing also a link. Are you author of the text?
I started to read your post and noticed you copy-pasted for example from http://www.biblicalnonsense.com/chapter11.html
Sorry I didn't know thats why I mentioned I was using help
outlaw
Established Member

Post by outlaw »

Starhunter wrote:
outlaw wrote:

A creep enters your house to murder, you get out of bed to protect your family, you corner him and manage to be in a position to overcome him, you warn him of the danger he is in and spare his life, and then he calls you an abuser? ?
What are you talking about? what has this got to do with thanking someone for not punishing you?
outlaw
Established Member

Post by outlaw »

Lonewolf wrote:
outlaw wrote:

Yes I have a true life
Sir Outlaw, I hear you man. I've read your first question and I understand how it just doesn't make sense to you that if God being God could of decided what nature He would be and in His wisdom have come up with a different way for His creation to function. I hear you.

What can I answer to that?

Could of, would of, should of?

The way I feel about it is, it is what it is.

And what it is ~> tells me instinctively that there is an order to things (even if that order is His order), that order tells that there is a wrong and a right, that there is truths and lies which we must act upon in order to continue in the intelligence of this life.

Why not follow Islam, or Buddhism, or anything else then?

Frankly speaking, I'm probably one of the only Christians around that believe that God does act and teach individuals no matter what error they may find themselves in.
But I am not going to get into a complete explanation as to why I personally do not follow any other faith than the one of God in the Bible.
Suffice to say that that is the faith which to me has the most sensible message and value(s) of any, and through it my eyes have been opened to see, hear, an understand the world under a different light, a spiritual light you might say.

As I said before a few posts back, and as you picked up and quoted me on, we live by faith, I live by faith. That is my choosing by the grace of my God.

It doesn't have to be yours and I'm not trying to force it on you. I'm simply trying to answer your question(s). You decide what and what doesn't make sense to you. You're the one that has to live with what and what you don't believe in.
And if eat, sh*t and die is all that you believe we're good for as humans, well, what can I say? I don't agree with that, but to each his own, right?
The reason i ask these questions is because it doesn't make sense, so i want to know if it makes sense to christians and if so can they explain it to me so i can start to make sense of it too, but instead i get answers that also make no sense like 'it is what it is'. Maybe it doesn't have to make sense to but you just believe it anyway, but how can you say your so grateful for what god has done for you when god only ever saved you from itself? It's more than no sense it's totally absurd.
You need to understand that faith will never lead you to the truth it will only lead you to what you'd like the truth to be. Because your picking and choosing what you put your faith in. Just like the every other person who follows a different god has CHOSEN to put their faith in that god so their truth will be different to yours because it's all filtered through their god, but we have a dilemma here you see, there's only one truth, you claim your truth is it they claim their truth is it, you can't both be right but you can both be wrong, the thing is you've both come to the truth through faith but look where that got you two totally different TRUTHS. So we can throw faith out the window if we want to use it as a way of finding the truth, the most you can claim is that your faith works for you that's it, as for it finding the truth, it's quite possibly the least effective way of going about it.
And if eat, sh*t and die is all that you believe we're good for as humans, well, what can I say?
Don't put words in my mouth, (this is also something i'd like to talk about at some stage)
outlaw
Established Member

Post by outlaw »

So Melanie do you still want to claim that i don't understand the historical context or do you want me to do some more RESEARCH so i can gain some more "KNOWLEDGE" as you say?

I think it's obvious you get your scripture carefully selected, sugar coated, then force fed to you, i suggest you do some research without the bias attached, if you want to know the truth about the real condition of a second hand car it's probably not wise to ask or trust the salesman or the owner. you might get a more accurate picture if you get it checked by someone without a vested interest.
Starhunter

Post by Starhunter »

outlaw wrote:
Starhunter wrote:
outlaw wrote:

What are you talking about? what has this got to do with thanking someone for not punishing you?
You are saying that we thank the abusive spouse for not abusing us, by that you are calling God the abuser protecting the abused. The only abuser here at the moment is you, because you are calling Good evil.
God is against sin and death, because He is life. So if sin comes into the universe He will kill it, but He has spared the sinner, and now you are calling God an abuser for sparing the sinner?
Starhunter

Post by Starhunter »

There is one bit of research you may not have done, you have not tested what would happen if you submitted to God and asked Him to show you the truth. And you will never know until you do, what lies on the other side.
It is impossible to know what Christianity is until you have surrendered the will to Him. The moment you do that, your mind will be set free to be able to see both sides of the coin, but until then you are held captive to a misconception of God.

The surrender of the will to God does not disable you, or corner you, it gives you freedom. The daily surrender to God is like experiencing a loss, even akin to death at times, but unless we fall on the rock and be broken we will be crushed by it on the day of judgement. You wanted to know what payment God requires? - here it is - surrender.
The nature of sin is that it removes the ability to think outside of the box. The cross of Christ is the call to the sinner to have a life changing experience for the better.

Tell me what is wrong with the ten commandments, what is wrong with the example of Jesus' life on earth? Who gives you genuine liberty and love? Self serving Inmates or Christ? How are you going to pay for your sins? There is no way.
What sin is so precious that you have to hold on to it?
When you give in to Christ, you are not just letting go of harmful self indulgences, but you are letting go of grief and anger and pain as well.
outlaw
Established Member

Post by outlaw »

Starhunter wrote:
outlaw wrote:
Starhunter wrote:
outlaw wrote:

You are saying that we thank the abusive spouse for not abusing us, by that you are calling God the abuser protecting the abused. The only abuser here at the moment is you, because you are calling Good evil.
God is against sin and death, because He is life. So if sin comes into the universe He will kill it, but He has spared the sinner, and now you are calling God an abuser for sparing the sinner?
No these are your words i wouldn't call it protecting it's really just holding back on pulling the trigger that's not protection that's restraint.
I would not thank a robber for not shooting me.
If you claim that i'm the only abuser here then your saying that god isn't here, i'm not making the claim that i'm saving anybody form anything so stop trying to make this about me, if god is that petty that it can't accept a bit of criticism and it wants to punish me for it i'm completely fine with that, if i deserve it ill take it, where as you won't, your quite happy for someone else to pay the price for you, so lets just leave it up to god to decide what he wants to do about me calling him evil, and if you say that god gave us the sense of right and wrong, then god knows i've got good reasons to judge it as evil.
He has spared the sinner, and now you are calling God an abuser for sparing the sinner?
Yes because he has only spared the sinner from his own sword, what do you find so appealing about this? How is this a good way to demonstrate love?
unless you already have a twisted sense of love to begin with i can't imagine how this is a good thing to do, to love a god you fear.
Pull your head out of this fantasy world you've created in your mind which excuses irrational and cruel behaviour and stop, this is just special pleading on gods behalf, call this act for what it is illogical irrational and sick.