Political Predictions 2016

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Political Predictions 2016

Post by Jac3510 »

Don't you read? I said if he LOSES this thing it will be because of people like you.

"The American people" aren't with anybody. They're split, 50/50. Doesn't your arrogance tire even you out sometime? My God, your hubris would be astounding if it weren't so pitiful to have to read.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Jac3510 wrote:Don't you read? I said if he LOSES this thing it will be because of people like you.

"The American people" aren't with anybody. They're split, 50/50. Doesn't your arrogance tire even you out sometime? My God, your hubris would be astounding if it weren't so pitiful to have to read.
I'm not going to argue with you. I've made my point.You can agree or not.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

And I don't. You don't have a point other than the ridiculous claim that you speak for the American people. Now stop it before you put Clinton into the White House.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Jac3510 wrote:And I don't. You don't have a point other than the ridiculous claim that you speak for the American people. Now stop it before you put Clinton into the White House.
It is OK,you disagree.I've made my point Trump will continue to fight and speak to the American people in order to keep his support for the things he ran on.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:This should put to rest any reservations about Trump, for those few "never-Trump" stragglers.

According to the prosperity gospel word-faith heretic televangelist Paula White, Trump is saved.

So there. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, all you, "Trump ain't no Christian" haters.

And White called Trump's presumptive nomination, "likely the 'hand of God' at work."

So, now we have God telling Cruz's father that Ted will be next POTUS. AND we have Trump's nomination as the "hand of God at work".

I'm so confused! :stars:

Here is why I think Christians should like Trump and reasons I have liked him.

Before he even ran,he met with Christian ministers and leaders and he asked them why they don't speak out and have a voice like other groups out there? And they told him because they are afraid of losing their tax exempt status and he told them that if he wins he wants to do something to change that so that they can have a bigger voice in politics. He brought this up again in his speech at the RNC.Also Trump is the only candidate I heard that mentioned all of the Christians that got their heads chopped off in the Middle East and talked about how appalled he was nothing was done. He said Christians would be safer if he becomes President.He is and will be a friend to Christians,he is not against them. Trump said he is a Christian a Presbyterian but he did not over do it,which was honest to me eventhogh I seen him as a baby Christian I appreciated he did not make himself out to be more of a Christian than he is. He supports Israel and he will put conservative judges on the Supreme Court without playing us by claiming he is pro-life against same- sex marriages,etc like Republicans typically do,yet nothing ever changed. And his honesty,he is the most honest candidate that actually had a chance to win.

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

You know, I think when people look at candidates, they look at the person. Such is stupid.

What people should be looking at is what beliefs they hold dear, and then which one is going to bring about the most change in a positive direction for those beliefs, for themselves.

Love, or hate Trump, and I don't consider him a true friend of Christians, he is about himself first. Nonetheless, one of the biggest issues Christians face today is political correctness. PC will leave Christian beliefs chained up and no where to move. Now in Trump, there's never been a bigger challenger who could tare down PC right? So I'm kind of with Jac on this, if you dislike Trump because he's not PC -- well THAT should make you want him in even if you detest the guy.

I'm not really going to debate why, but the true libertarian between Hillary and Trump I see IS Trump. Christians will fair better under Trump. And, interestingly, many gay people too believe they'll be better off under Trump; at least their lives might be better protected against being thrown of buildings or shot in nightclubs or what-have-you.

Also, in the past I said Trump might bring about WW3. The way I see matters, is things have escalated towards that end in a big way due to how America has been conducting itself over the last decade or so. Trump rather than continued aggravations under Democratic administration through their pot stirring, is probably the only one who might be able to bridge the past issues between the US and Russia. The two finally have a chance of really working side by side. If that happens, China who depends upon Russian oil will likely be placated to a large degree. That is really the way it should be, because Russia and China both fought alongside us in the world wars.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

And, BTW, obviously a large percentage of the masses DO continue to be clueless, doesn't pay attention, and doesn't care. Yet, there ARE, however, millions who could be persuaded with the right information and understandings well explained. But to just simply dismiss vast millions as being hopelessly stupid without having any sense of responsibility to educate them in certain ways - or to at least TRY to - well, that's just wrong. Teddy Roosevelt understood so well, that the presidency is a "bully pulpit!" It can be used to inform, enlighten and inspire, or else, be used in negative and harmful ways. And many of these clueless masses are very young and don't have the knowledge base that would provide them the necessary pathways to more informed thinking and thus voting.

I hope, as Christians, we don't buy into the thinking that we shouldn't try to explain things to low-information types - because some of them would change, while many never will. But if we're looking at how future generations of young people, particularly, look at things, we should do our best to not just think in the moment and to dismiss all those who disagree with us as being only losers and brain-dead. I don't care how old or young you are, people won't pay attention to or will only be angered by those derisive, dismissive and insulting to them. Lest we forget, the masses are made up of INDIVIDUALS, many of whom potentially could be enlightened by the right nuanced messages. It's stupid to pointlessly insult them with nasty sarcasm, EVEN THOUGH it resonates so strongly with a large percentage of understandably fed-up voters on your side. Shouldn't an intelligent goal be to connect with and enlighten AS MANY AS POSSIBLE? All Christians should think so!
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

It's too quiet.

Anybody watch the DNC or have thoughts about it?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Hortator wrote:It's too quiet.

No.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

RickD wrote:

No.
Would you like to buy a vowel?
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

I didn't watch it because A) I knew it would just put me in a bad mood hearing the same old brain-dead assertions, the same progressive utopian fantasy world they typically try to sell (you know, the one in which evil and destructive people just need a hug, proper counseling, and made to realize the folly of their negative behaviors, there's really nothing to fear but fear-mongers, etc.), and B) I've not see them say anything new or original that seems promising in 25 years!

Really, you can basically sum up the mentality of so many Democrats - particularly the young ones - in the first line of the lyrics from that sappy/crappy song, "Feelings":

"Feelings, nothing more than feelings"

Hillary trashing wall street is like a very successful prostitute calling another woman a whore! She's made untold millions from Wall Street, her foundation taken millions from countries courting her favor as Sec. of State, she disasterously meddled in both Libya and Syria. Obama, that great champion of the poor has partied in every remote vacation place once can think of, and for obscene costs, squandered the potential to have contributed to better race relations, etc., tried to sell the ultimate snakeoil in promoting the disaster that is Obamacare - one everyone KNEW the math made it impossible. Made an unthinkably stupid deal with the Iranians, selling the delusion that this would make us safer! Proud champions of abortion. ALL that. It's enough to make one continuously wretch!

They are laughing at how easily the stupid can be manipulated into believing Democratic policies are more compassionate and will help make us healthier, safer, more prosperous, etc. Obama has been the best gift the Islamists, Iranians, and Putin could ever have hoped for. It just goes on and on!

Enjoy the entertainment!

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Hortator wrote: Anybody watch the DNC or have thoughts about it?
I usually watch both conventions, especially the presidential and vice-presidential speeches. But this year I just couldn't bring myself to watch either of them.

The primaries have already told me everything that I need to know about both Donald and Hillary, so there was no purpose in putting myself through the torture of listening to their acceptance speeches...
...and risk throwing something through the television screen... :badpc:

:P

my .02
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Hortator wrote:
RickD wrote:

No.
Would you like to buy a vowel?
I'd like to solve the puzzle, Pat.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

I have a feeling the next Wikileaks leak will land Hillary in all sorts of strife.
Waiting, patiently, for what it must be.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:I have a feeling the next Wikileaks leak will land Hillary in all sorts of strife.
Waiting, patiently, for what it must be.
That Blivet is above the law.

If she's not in trouble for what she's already done, she could probably pull an OJ, and get away with it.

-Edward R Murrow