Shroud of Turin

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Shroud of Turin

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

no fool like an old fool, guess I should have read the whole thread before I posted... bippy been here already ! y#-o stoooopid !
Last edited by EssentialSacrifice on Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:
Mallz wrote:

ES
Where has Bippy gone? I missed that y:-/
Hey Mallz, how you doing ? Just got a write from bippy and he's up to his but in alligators with home and family stuff... he'll probably be pretty spotty on here for a while, but assuredly he has not forgotten us and will pop in whenever he can. He's got a lot on the table right now...

BUT, :goodpost: he loves his Shroud thread and won't abandon it, or us ! ;) We need to keep this thread alive in his absence so stay on the lookout for the good stuff you've already brought to us too. Me too !
You really should email the BBC. What have you got to lose? Someone, somewhere has to stand up and be counted and your research into the shroud is extensive.
"*Late breaking BBC news... NEW INFORMATION !... there's a bippy123 Shroud of Turin Documentary tonight at 10:00*" ... wouldn't that be 8)
Wonder if he`ll give out autographs? :)
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Wonder if he`ll give out autographs? :)
:clap: :happyclap: :rockcool:
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
Audie
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:no fool like an old fool, guess I should have read the thread before I posted... bippy been here already ! y#-o stoooopid !

Oh, now you are just repeating what others say about you! :D

(thats a line from a George Burns movie)
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Don't I know it :pound: :pound:

“When I was a boy the Dead Sea was only sick.”
― George Burns
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Audie wrote:
EssentialSacrifice wrote:no fool like an old fool, guess I should have read the thread before I posted... bippy been here already ! y#-o stoooopid !

Senile dementia setting in? :underchair:

:pound: @ Dead sea joke
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

P.S. Audie?

Please tell me I`m not on your ig list!
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Storyteller wrote:P.S. Audie?

Please tell me I`m not on your ig list!
huh? why in the world would you think that?????
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Storyteller wrote:
RickD wrote:That's because you can't ignore everyone at the same time. You wouldn't have anyone to talk down to speak with.
She hasn't ignored me yet

Uh-oh.[/quote]

Cos you didn`t respond to this ^^^^^^^^^ :shock: :oops:
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Storyteller wrote:
Storyteller wrote:
RickD wrote:That's because you can't ignore everyone at the same time. You wouldn't have anyone to talk down to speak with.
She hasn't ignored me yet

Uh-oh.

Cos you didn`t respond to this ^^^^^^^^^ :shock: :oops:[/quote]

Oh, you are just making the same mistake I make-taking me too seriously.
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by bippy123 »

Storyteller wrote:
bippy123 wrote:
Mallz wrote:Saw this in the news, the shroud is back on display! It's too bad it's too far away to go see.
I'm posting the link from the BBC, though, because it gives dated misinformation saying:

Some devotees believe the shroud is the burial cloth of Jesus Christ. Sceptics point to carbon dating that suggests it is a medieval forgery from the 1300s.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32368134

You should email and correct them Bippy :)

Edit:
P.s. Does anyone know if the shroud documentary on Netflix is an acceptable introduction to the shroud? If I remember right it's filled with dated misinformation as well, but wondering if anyone's watched it.
Mallz you know if I did email them , I wouldn't stop with one email :mrgreen:
Can you imagine an international incident started by some guy that names himself after his beloved poodle :mrgreen:

As far as the bbc , most shroudies know that they generally lean towards the skeptical side on anything that is Christian, but then again this is England where you have a population that is almost 50% atheist .

Most shroud researchers have known for quote some time that the 1988 c14 dating was refuted starting in 2005 by agnistic thermal chemist ray Rogers , and subsequently there were over 15 protocols violated in those tests . Anyone that still adheres to the 1988 tests simply either hasn't researched it or can't accept the reality of what was uncovered by science itself .

Mallz I will look around for some good introductory videos to shroud newbies .
Welcome back Bips, missed you my friend :)

You really should email the BBC. What have you got to lose? Someone, somewhere has to stand up and be counted and your research into the shroud is extensive.
Ty my Sister in Christ . It's good to be back :)
I missed you all also . I feel like a family here . I think my dad and mom would approve of this family :)

But I just might email the bbc at a later date . I know that all the reviews from the shroud experts have really been bad because of all the essential information that was missed . Whoever researched it did a horrible job .
Last edited by bippy123 on Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:no fool like an old fool, guess I should have read the whole thread before I posted... bippy been here already ! y#-o stoooopid !
Essential you are definitely no fool. The good lord has blessed you in many great ways my friend y>:D<
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:
Mallz wrote:

ES
Where has Bippy gone? I missed that y:-/
Hey Mallz, how you doing ? Just got a write from bippy and he's up to his but in alligators with home and family stuff... he'll probably be pretty spotty on here for a while, but assuredly he has not forgotten us and will pop in whenever he can. He's got a lot on the table right now...

BUT, :goodpost: he loves his Shroud thread and won't abandon it, or us ! ;) We need to keep this thread alive in his absence so stay on the lookout for the good stuff you've already brought to us too. Me too !
"*Late breaking BBC news... NEW INFORMATION !... there's a bippy123 Shroud of Turin Documentary tonight at 10:00*" ... wouldn't that be 8)
Hehehehe imagine my dorky self on tv lol.
I was already on national tv once . I hope I never go through that experience again lol. :pound:
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Audie..... I was teasing, you nit :mrgreen:

Bips..... what were you on and can I have your autograph to sell later when you become famous for your work on the shroud? :mrgreen:
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Storyteller wrote:Audie..... I was teasing, you nit :mrgreen:

:

See what I mean? Still taking me too seriously.