Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
William1611
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by William1611 »

Greetings and Salutations,

I'm young adult from Belfast in Northern Ireland. I've been a Christian for just over a year now and I got directed to this forum by a close friend. I'm looking forward to listening and learning a lot from you gentle people on the forums. I forsee my time here as a lot more listening than speaking! Hoping to grow a lot and gain a greater knowledge of the more scientific aspects of my faith.

WB
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Welcome to the forum newbs! :wave:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Celt
Familiar Member

Post by Celt »

Hello all. Been doing a lot of questioning recently, and then stumbled upon this site. Seems to be very in depth with a lot of information, and so far i have just been jumping around and lightly reading tidbits. The forum seems to have many intelligent people/comments/answers, so i joined. I'm in that phase of wondering and sometimes doubting, is, is there not? Hoping for some insight to guide and grow in faith and strength. So i no doubt will soon be asking questions, and may play devils advocate, but thats just my style (a learning process for me) Hope to make some friends along the way. Thanks
digging
Familiar Member

Post by digging »

Hello everyone here,

I go by the handle 'digging' it fits me well since I'm an organic farmer as well as a christian who really likes to 'dig' and think about the bible as related to the natural world. Thus I was interested to join this site because of the willingness to connect science with the bible. For myself my focus is on the study of natural science and ecology.

Looking forwards to getting to know you all through our common bond of love and faith in God's gift to us of his Son Jesus Christ.

Digging
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Welcome all to the forum.

God bless you all. y>:D<
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
blakjak02
Newbie Member

Post by blakjak02 »

Hey everyone,

I've been creeping the forums for about a year now and I never really got around to actually joining. The site has really helped me work out my faith and I'm really grateful for it. I was raised in a Christian home and I would not say I actually believed anything I was told, but now I'm really trying to have a perspective of faith in every part of my life. Thanks!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I hereby officially welcome you to our forums. :wave:

Or, in Canadian: Welcome to the forums, eh! :pound:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Sam1995
Valued Member

Post by Sam1995 »

blakjak02 wrote:Hey everyone,

I've been creeping the forums for about a year now and I never really got around to actually joining. The site has really helped me work out my faith and I'm really grateful for it. I was raised in a Christian home and I would not say I actually believed anything I was told, but now I'm really trying to have a perspective of faith in every part of my life. Thanks!
Hey buddy! Hope you feel welcome here!

God bless!

SB :)
"There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind." - C.S Lewis
ClassicalTeacher
Recognized Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by ClassicalTeacher »

Hi! I am new here. I was encouraged to check out this website and forum by a Christian friend who is also a scientist. I'm glad I came here! I am a science and math teacher for over 25 years. I believe in creationism, Intelligent Design, and a young earth. I am a practicing Catholic Christian. I look forward to being here and learning many wonderful things. God bless you!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Welcome to the site ClassicalTeacher! :wave:

-Edward R Murrow

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Welcome Teacher. We could use another scientist on board. Check out KBC's thread on 3D spacio-temporal positioning, and Bippy's The Shroud of Turin. Some fascinating stuff I think you might enjoy reading.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bippy123 »

ClassicalTeacher wrote:Hi! I am new here. I was encouraged to check out this website and forum by a Christian friend who is also a scientist. I'm glad I came here! I am a science and math teacher for over 25 years. I believe in creationism, Intelligent Design, and a young earth. I am a practicing Catholic Christian. I look forward to being here and learning many wonderful things. God bless you!
Hey Classical, welcome to the forum. I'm not a scientist, but I do like science and the shroud.
Byblos, yea KbC's thread is my favorite one :)
I'm also a practicing Catholic as is Byblos .
Math is a tough subject for me. I remember when I was in high school not doing well in geometry because I had a hard time with theorems so I asked my counselor if he could bump me up to trigonometry which he did, and I passed it . Whewwww :mrgreen:
tetelesti
Familiar Member

Post by tetelesti »

*****Former Dazed and Confused*****

Forgot my old login so I decided to start a new account. When I first came to this forum my login was "Dazed and Confused" and I was looking for answers to my YEC position. This website was instrumental in helping me resolve issues I had with the creation account and I was blessed to have been here. That was about 5 years ago and I passed those days of feeling dazed and confused long ago. My old login name does't really apply anymore, so I thought it was time to be Born Again! There's so much going on in the world these days that I wanted to get back to the boards to see what other believers think of the days in which we are living. So much has transpired in recent years and the world seems to be waxing more evil everyday. Lord give us strength.

new name: tetelesti
same avatar: Go Israel!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Welcome back Dazed...er, I mean tetelesti! :D
I was just looking through one of your old threads:http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... =7&t=34104
That's one of my all-time favorite threads here. :clap:

-Edward R Murrow

tetelesti
Familiar Member

Post by tetelesti »

RickD wrote:Welcome back Dazed...er, I mean tetelesti! :D
I was just looking through one of your old threads:http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... =7&t=34104
That's one of my all-time favorite threads here. :clap:
:ebiggrin:

This reminds me of how some YEC's never really bother to fully investigate an old earth position.
They make assumptions based on their own prejudices, which leads to disinformation.
Glad to be back on the boards...