President 2012

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
DRDS
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: President 2012

Post by DRDS »

Oh well I"m going to be simple, honest and to the point about all this. Are all the republicans and democrates now going to start building forts and going out on the streets with guns to kill each other with?

If so, where do moderates or people like me who don't care about selfish lying politicians and political parties? I mean, have friends and family members who are both democrat and republican, do I now have to take a side then pick up a some weapon and go kill the ones who are not on the side I"m on? Is this what the American people now want?!!!

Do I now have to make a alter to either the donkey or the elephant and bow down and worship at the feet of these worthless and evil politicians???!!!
Icthus
Established Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Icthus »

DRDS wrote:Oh well I"m going to be simple, honest and to the point about all this. Are all the republicans and democrates now going to start building forts and going out on the streets with guns to kill each other with?
No, because we Democrats don't like guns. We'll use pretentious language and strawman arguments instead. We might, however, use some of those democrates to build forts with.

But seriously, it isn't really that bad here. Politics is pretty intense right now, but at least we don't have huge riots like some countries.
“The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried.” -G.K. Chesterton
DRDS
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by DRDS »

Icthus wrote:
DRDS wrote:Oh well I"m going to be simple, honest and to the point about all this. Are all the republicans and democrates now going to start building forts and going out on the streets with guns to kill each other with?
No, because we Democrats don't like guns. We'll use pretentious language and strawman arguments instead. We might, however, use some of those democrates to build forts with.

But seriously, it isn't really that bad here. Politics is pretty intense right now, but at least we don't have huge riots like some countries.
I would add one more word to that at the very end, "YET". Note the keyword, "YET".
Stygian
Established Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Stygian »

Canuckster1127 wrote:I'm a centrist. You guys are just so far to the right that Atilla the Hun seems moderate.

Not really much I can or need to say in response to the evaluations of what are centrist sites. Sorry I can't return to the right. I've been there before. Critical thinking won't allow me to return and since I've grown older I lack the required spinal flexibility to achieve the Recto-Cranial inversion.
No right? No left? Why settle for center? I went NORTH! :lol: