Catholicism

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Catholicism

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Mary's got a son. If you like Aerosmith I think they nail this parody.
https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=u2fSNBql9Sk
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
HappyFlappyTheist
Established Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by HappyFlappyTheist »

Obviously this forum needs more catholic apologist. Poor essential is surrounded by heretics :D
pulvis sum
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

abcb wrote:

Mary's got a son. If you like Aerosmith I think they nail this parody.
First, I went to the site and didn't find Aerosmith (great band), but did fine some of the funniest bloopers on The Big Bang Theory I have ever seen. :pound:

That being said, abcb, on context itself, really? using Mary had a son and they nailed it in consecutive sentences didn't feel at least a little bogus? Couldn't find a better choice of words... especially during Easter. Parody or not .. Just sayin ... y:-/
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

HappyFlappyDeist wrote:Obviously this forum needs more catholic apologist. Poor essential is surrounded by heretics :D
I think you mean "Protestant heretics". Get it right! :lol:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

HappyFlappyDeist wrote:Obviously this forum needs more catholic apologist. Poor essential is surrounded by heretics :D
If you like them they are the Weird Al Yankovic of contemporary Christian music.Also I understand the lead singer grew up Catholic.

Here is another good one.

Don't stop til Egypt.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LtZMjgISv8M
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Yes abcb, that one came through loud and clear :clap: ... Journey is also a favorite...So what is going on here, is it the real Journey or a great cover band ?

Thanks for the link, I really enjoyed. saved the link for others on there too.
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

Are Journey the group that did Don't Stop Believin'?
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

EssentialSacrifice wrote:Yes abcb, that one came through loud and clear :clap: ... Journey is also a favorite...So what is going on here, is it the real Journey or a great cover band ?

Thanks for the link, I really enjoyed. saved the link for others on there too.
They are a parody band which is different than a cover band.The lead singer re-writes the lyrics and gives them a Christian message,also he tries his best to sound as close to the singer he is parodying, kinda like weird al yankovic.He sounds so much like Steve Perry,the singer in Journey.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Storyteller wrote:Are Journey the group that did Don't Stop Believin'?
Yes and if you listen to Don't stop believing and then Don't stop til Egypt you'll notice the lyrics are different.

Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

I will do, will be interesting. I love the song Don't stop believin'
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Storyteller wrote:I will do, will be interesting. I love the song Don't stop believin'
Well Apologetix have many songs they have parodied and I like the humor and christian message.I like to use their songs a lot of times to get a message out at the right time but through music.Like the topic of Mary came up in this thread so I was just sending a message through music.

UsagiTsukino
Valued Member

Post by UsagiTsukino »

I mean does it matter if your a catholic or something else as long as you love and accept God and Jesus
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

UsagiTsukino wrote:I mean does it matter if your a catholic or something else as long as you love and accept God and Jesus
No, of course not.
There is only ONE God and only ONE Path to God and that is to believe and have faith in Christ.
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

UsagiTsukino wrote:
I mean does it matter if your a catholic or something else as long as you love and accept God and Jesus

No, of course not.
There is only ONE God and only ONE Path to God and that is to believe and have faith in Christ ..... :amen:
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

PaulSacramento wrote:
UsagiTsukino wrote:I mean does it matter if your a catholic or something else as long as you love and accept God and Jesus
No, of course not.
There is only ONE God and only ONE Path to God and that is to believe and have faith in Christ.
Again, wonderfully put.