Do mormon's go to heaven too?

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
CountryBoy
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by CountryBoy »

Tanyan,

I could not find anything about any of the items I posted. Maybe if you just answer these questions about your personal beliefs.

Do you believe that God the Father was once a man like us who progressed to become a God and has a body of flesh and bone?

Do you believe that God himself has a father, and that god's father has a father, etc.?

Do you believe that there are many gods, and human beings can become gods and goddesses in the Celestial Kingdom and that those who achieve godhood will have spirit children who will worship and pray to them, just as we pray to God the Father?

Do you believe that Jesus is Lucifer's brother and our elder brother as well. He progressed to godhood, having first been procreated as a spirit child of the Father and a heavenly mother, and later conceived physically by God the Father (Adam God) and an earthly mother.

Do you believe that grace is not sufficient for salvation, that works are necessary for ultimate salvation, which comes by obeying LDS laws and ordinances?

Do you believe that Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are three separate Gods?

Do you believe that Jesus was born from a virgin who was impregnated by the Holy Spirit. He died on the cross paying the penalty for our sins. He rose from the dead and defeated death. That placing our faith in Him is all it takes for salvation, not His precious Blood plus our works, just His precious Blood.

Tanyan, if you would answer how you personally feel on these then I will continue, but I have as yet to receive any answer to any question I have asked you. Please don't post a site where I can go, at least do the research yourself and cut-n-paste the answers to these questions. Please don't tell me to go to some board and post the questions there, but you are welcome to cut-n-paste these questions on another board if that is what it will take to get them answered.

I have a feeling these questions will never get straight answers and I'll tell you why. Because if these are really mormon doctrine then mormonism is a cult from hell. Yes it's laced with biblical doctrine as any decent western cult MUST BE to gather followers, but being almost a Christian is another way to get to hell. As you posted earlier, there are many Baptist, Catholics, Pentecostal's and those from all denominations who are headed straight to hell...we probably sit near them in church every Sunday. Anyone who does not place their trust in Christ and Christ alone is on the wrong path. Sure, good works should follow a valid salvation experience, but good works are the very thing that will carry many to hell. Satan wants to do anything he can to take people's eyes off of the Prince of Peace, he's done it with drugs, sex, power, money, and the biggest stumbling block of all...RELIGION. If you believe even a small bit of what true mormon doctrine is, then satan has a strangle-hold on your heart.

In Christ the solid Rock I stand all other ground is sinking sand.
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

CountryBoy speaks the truth here, though I've been watching closely for fear of this getting out of hand (I'm very grateful that it hasn't, and that's a credit to both CountryBoy and Tanyan).

Tanyan, if there's one thing to take from this is that perhaps you've not formed your own opinions about a lot of these questions. If that's the case, we encourage you to search your heart and ask yourself if these are really what you believe and what you know to be true.
Tanyan
Recognized Member

Are Mormons going to Heaven To ?

Post by Tanyan »

The answers are there you just need to search more on the web page/pages I referred you to. In His Debt, Tanyan.
Tanyan
Recognized Member

Post by Tanyan »

Just for the record I Believe in a Monarch/Eastern/Economic/Social Godhead/Trinity [ I am a GODHEADIAN]. I believe that one must accept JESUS CHRIST as there LORD OF LIFE/MASTER/LORD/SAVIOR/GOD/KING.One must surrender ones life and enter into a covenant with THE LORD OF LIFE accepting his Blood sacrifice on there behalf, this is done by FAITH in Him, Repentance, Being Baptized by one with Authority in Water [Immersion] as a symbol of our LORD'S sacrifice and resurrection from the grave as comming out a new creation. Being given the Gift of The Holy Ghost to cleans one's inner vessel and to be a constant companion. Keep Christs commandments to stay in that covenant of Grace, but we all Fall/Sin, and are in need of constant repentance. Endure to the end with the LORD OF LIFE at your side. In His Debt, Tanyan.
CountryBoy
Established Member

Post by CountryBoy »

Tanyan,

You may be a Christian in wolves (mormonism's) clothing.

But all one needs is Jesus, baptism is a wonderful outward symbol of an inward work. It's done to show the world that you have died to self (sin)and been born again through the grace of God's providing His Son as our sacrificial lamb.

If you say you need the baptism (especially through that special LDS person...that's how they snare you), you are adding works to your salvation. Do you think that if you give your life to Christ and die before baptism, you go to hell. There is no temporary hell, when you die unsaved (not unbaptised) you have sealed your fate.

Don't add to Jesus, that in itself is heresy.

Give it ALL to Christ, that's what Christianity is, our works are but filthy rags.
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

CountryBoy wrote:You may be a Christian in wolves (mormonism's) clothing.
I'm thinking that's a possibility. Tanyan would past the test in 1 John.

1 John 2:22-23
Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son. No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
Tanyan
Recognized Member

Post by Tanyan »

Thank you both CountryBoy, Felgar for your posts of positivity, Caring, I appriciate that. May Grace Rain on you both this Day/Night. IN His Eternal Debt, Tanyan.
ochotseat

Re: Are Mormons going to Heaven to ?.

Post by ochotseat »

Tanyan wrote:There are responses to the above criticisms above that have been done via Books/Journals/Papers/Tracts/DVD'S/Videos/CD'S/Audio Cassettes and Internet web sites adinfinentum. For example the claim of no DNA evidence for the Book Of Mormon is incorrect and has been responded to by LDS DNA Geneticist Scott Woodward and Michael Whiting who by the way are world renowned experts in there field and have other non LDS Geneticist who look at our critics evidence and shake there heads in wonderment.
Rather than getting into a spitting contest with camels and reply to unchristlike/uncharitable comments by those who post not in the spirit of love and meekness [Please don't run to Paul, when he had a sincere person or persons to address he displayed the above qualities, but if he had a Hypocrite/Hypocrites that were self rightious then it was a different story, he let them have it. I would invite you to the following web site that responds to the above [And all Criticisms] in relation to LDS Doctrine/Teaching/Thought/Practice : http;//www.shields-research.org
once there and read the opening page click on web links or the topical guide to read our responses and reasons for our Faith. I apologize for asking not to post untill a certain time its just Time for me is valuable. I forgive the Bombastic statements made above, THE LORD OF LIFE, his Prophets/Apostles recieved the same spirit of treatment to them, I am truly blessed. May Grace and Forgivness Rain on you all, IN HIS DEBT, Tanyan.
The first people to arrive in the Americas were the Amerindians (aka Native Americans). The Vikings had a temporary settlement, but lasting contact with any non-American Indians happened with European explorers and settlers after Columbus' discovery of the New World. Jews didn't arrive in what is now the United States until the 1600's, so you're wrong.
Tanyan
Recognized Member

Post by Tanyan »

Ochotseat, Thank you for sharing how you see it . However there has been much research on Transoceanic contact from different areas of the world that contacted the Americas [I believe the phrase/ term is Maximalists]. It is late/early, approx 1:15 Am so no time to look up refrences at the moment [I am tired]. May Grace Rain on you this night. In His Eternal Debt, Tanyan.
ochotseat

Re: Are Mormons going to Heaven To ?.

Post by ochotseat »

Tanyan wrote: It is the "Book of Mormon" not the Book of "moron". LDS Doctrine/Teaching/Thought/Practice are studied in both the Bible/BofM and are both used equaly.

The Bible is true as far as it is translated correctly, there are dozens of versions on Christian bookshelves.
Tanyan, I have a few sincere questions for you.
Let's say a Mormon considers only the Bible as God's word and Joseph Smith's books as just literature. Are all Mormons required to believe everything their church tells them to? For example, some liberal Christians believe that the story of the Garden of Eden was symbolic and not literal. However, they're still considered Christians as long as they accept Christ as Savior.
If a Mormon believes that Joseph Smith lied about his divine encounters, is he still considered a Mormon and eligible for heaven?

My other question is are Mormons permitted to go to other churches or to watch non-LDS Christian programming?

The KJ and NIV versions of the Bible are correct translations.
CountryBoy wrote: That's heresy enough. The Holy Bible has NO EQUAL.
Were you the one who said Muslims worship Mohammed? Muslims worship their God (Allah), not Mohammed.
CountryBoy wrote: IS MORMONISM CHRISTIAN?

CHRISTIANITY
God is Spirit. (John 4:24, 1Tim 6:15-16). He is not a man (Num 23:19), and He has always existed as God (Ps. 90:2, 93:2; Mal. 3:6).

MORMONISM
God the Father was once a man like us who progressed to become a God and has a body of flesh and bone (Doctrine & Covenants 130:22). God himself has a father, and that god has a father, etc. (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pg. 373; Mormon Doctrine, pg. 577).).
So who was the original God?
CountryBoy wrote: CHRISTIANITY
There is only one True and Living God and apart from Him there are no other Gods. (Deut. 4:35, 39; Isa. 43:10-11; 44:6,8; Mk. 12:29-34).
MORMONISM
There are many gods, and human beings can become gods and goddesses in the Celestial Kingdom (History of the Church, Vol. 6, pg. 306; Doctrine & Covenants 132:20-21). Those who achieve godhood will have spirit children who will worship and pray to them, just as we pray to God the Father (Gospel Principles, pg. 290).
Sounds like polytheism.
Jesus is God and the Creator of all things (John 1:1-3; Col. 1:16).
MORMONISM
Jesus is Lucifer's brother and our elder brother as well. He progressed to godhood, having first been procreated as a spirit child of the Father and a heavenly mother, and later conceived physically by God the Father (Adam God) and an earthly mother (Gospel Principles, pp.15-16).
How can Jesus be Lucifer's brother if Jesus is God, Lucifer was an angel, and God created the angels?
We are saved by Grace alone, apart from our own self-righteous works (Eph. 2:8-9; Gal. 2:16; Rom. 3:27-28; Titus 3:5)
MORMONISM
We are saved by grace after all we can do (2 Nephi 25:23). Works are necessary for ultimate salvation, which comes by obeying LDS laws and ordinances (Gospel Principles, pp. 291-292).
Catholics emphasize good works, but they don't believe they are necessary to ultimately reach heaven. That's why most Protestants consider Catholics as fellow Christians.
Father, Son and Holy Spirit are distinct persons within the on Triune Godhead.
MORMONISM
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are three separate Gods (Teaching of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pg. 370; Mormon Doctrine, pg. 319 - 2nd Edition).
Mormons believe in their version of the Trinity (Godhead as they call it), but I don't think they believe that Jesus the Son and the Holy Ghost are manifestations of God (therefore, they are God) as we do.
CountryBoy wrote: There is no temporary hell, when you die unsaved (not unbaptised) you have sealed your fate.
).
Catholics believe in purgatory, but that's more of a temporary intermediate realm than a temporary "hell."
Tanyan
Recognized Member

Post by Tanyan »

ochotseat, Its late I will try and take a look at your info post tomorrow. Please don't expect a respose to all your post at once, my mind gets overloaded due to my Brain/Head injury. Thanks for coming by. May Grace Rain on you this night, In HIs Debt, Tanyan.
ochotseat

Re: Are Mormons going to Heaven To ?

Post by ochotseat »

Tanyan wrote:So what if they are LDS ?, does this mean there research is not valid ?, .
Depends on the source and topic. If I were looking up information about human rights violations in China or Iran, I certainly would not trust a website created by the Chinese Communist Party or Ayatollah.
Tanyan wrote:Ochotseat, Thank you for sharing how you see it . However there has been much research on Transoceanic contact from different areas of the world that contacted the Americas [I believe the phrase/ term is Maximalists]. It is late/early, approx 1:15 Am so no time to look up refrences at the moment . May Grace Rain on you this night. In His Eternal Debt, Tanyan.

What I've said has been proven by scientists and researchers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_North_America

http://www.religioustolerance.org/
The Book of Mormon states that the Lamanites are the principal ancestors of modern-day Native Americans. DNA, facial structure, and blood type studies appear to conflict with this belief. They demonstrate that the today's Natives descended from ancient people in Siberia. If the Natives were descendents of Lamanites, then one would expect to find Middle Eastern genetic markers in the DNA, facial structures and blood factors of American Natives. None of these exist.

Christianity Today reports in a year 2004 book review that: "...none of the nearly 7,500 DNA-tested Native Americans shows any link to ancient Israel. More than 99 percent show an Asian heritage." "...some scholars at the Foundation for Ancient Research and Mormon Studies (FARMS)...concede the links between Native Americans and Asians are strong, and that a Middle Eastern contribution to the gene pool hasn't been established" at this time.

DNA Studies:

A number of investigators have used genetic and blood testing studies to show that Native Americans are related closely to the inhabitants of Siberia . However, Thomas W. Murphy, 35, chairperson of the anthropology department at Edmonds Community College in Lynnwood, WA went further. He was raised as a Mormon in southern Idaho, and has said that he is "not an active member of the local congregation, but I'm very active in the Mormon intellectual community." He decided to examine whether DNA analysis would confirm that many, perhaps most, Native Americans are descended from ancient Israelites. According to the LA Times, "He analyzed data collected by a multimillion-dollar 'molecular genealogy' project at Brigham Young [University] as well as other, similar projects that track ancestry from people worldwide via DNA in blood samples." Murphy concluded that over the last few thousand years, modern-day Jews and modern-day Native Americans do not share common ancestors. If they did, then genetic markers would be found in Natives identical to those in the descendents of ancient Hebrews. He concluded that: "the Book of Mormon is a piece of 19th century fiction. And that means that we have to acknowledge sometimes Joseph Smith lied." However, he believes that "the book might be fiction, but inspired as well."He contributed a chapter in the anthology "American Apocrypha" in which he reported the results of his research. The essay is taken from his doctoral dissertation at the University of Washington. He faced a church disciplinary council, scheduled for 2002-DEC-8, at which he might have been excommunicated for his beliefs -- probably be the first Mormon expelled for genetic research. He concluded that: "the odds for staying in the church are overwhelming arrayed against me. The Mormon faith is going to survive one way or another. The Catholic Church survived Galileo, but they first had to admit they were wrong." (Galileo was condemned by the Roman Catholic Church in 1633 CE for claiming that the Earth orbits the sun -- a belief that the church has since embraced.)
Tanyan
Recognized Member

Post by Tanyan »

All this from my lights has been addressed in LDS/Non LDS publications. I am signing off now, need some rest, In His Debt/Tanyan.
ochotseat

Questions for Mormons/LDS church

Post by ochotseat »

Here's an interesting site I found:
http://www.bible.ca/mor-questions.htm

I would like some feedback from our Mormon board members:

Why did the angel take Nephi Plates back to heaven? Do they not belong with man? Would not their existence prove once for all that Mormonism is truth? God allowed the Jews to carry the 10 commandments for several centuries in their original physical form, written by the finger of God Himself!

If the original 1830 Book of Mormon was inspired than why were there so many errors and changes and additions and deletions, when compared to current editions? Examples are: 1 Nephi 11:21; 19:20; 20:1 and Alma 29:4. Compare these with the original Book of Mormon. (Gerald and Sandra Tanner have counted 3913 changes in the book of Mormon, excluding punctuation changes.)

Mormon Article of Faith #8: "We Believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God." Why do you only add the phrase, "as far as it is translated correctly" to describe the Bible and not after the book of Mormon when in fact there are far more translating errors in the Book of Mormon than the Bible?

If Moroni devoutly practiced the Mormon Gospel, why is he an angel now rather than a God? (Doc. & Cov. 132:17,37)

Joseph Smith said that there are men living on the moon who dress like Quakers and live to be nearly 1000 years old. Since he was wrong about the moon, is it safe to trust him regarding the way to Heaven? (The Young Woman's Journal, Vol. 3, pages 263-264. See repreint in Mormonism --Shadow or Reality? by Jerald and Sandra Tanner, page 4.)

If Jesus was conceived as a result of a physical union between God and Mary, how was Jesus born of a virgin? (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 1, page 50).

How did Nephi with a few men on a new continent build a temple like Solomon's while Solomon needed 163,300 workmen and seven years to build his temple? (1 Kings 5:13-18 and 2 Nephi 5:15-17).

God rejected the fig leaf aprons which Adam and Eve made (Gen. 3:21). Why do Mormons memorialize the fall by using fig leaf aprons in the secret temple ceremonies?

Why didn't any of the place names from the Book of Mormon still exist when Columbus arrived?

Why can't the Anthon transcript (which contains copies of the supposed Reformed Egyptian characters) be identified with any forms of Egyptian? The only three Egyptologists that have looked at it say it does not contain any Egyptian (Ferguson Collection, BYU)

Why were all of the witnesses (except Martin Harris) related to Joseph Smith or David Whitmer?

Why is it that of the 350 names in the Book of Mormon, 100 are found in the Bible, others are place names found on early 19th century maps, and the rest are derivatives of Bible names?

Why is a Greek word like "Christ" used throughout the Book of Mormon?

Why was Joseph Smith arrested for "money digging" and convicted of being a disorderly person? He admitted to being a money digger, though he said it was never very profitable for him (History of the Church, V. 3, p. 29).

Why does Joseph Smith's first autobiography not even mention the "first vision"?
Tanyan
Recognized Member

Post by Tanyan »

Once again LDS Books/Journals/Papers/DVD'S/Videos/CD's/Audio Cassettes/Web Sites respond to all the above. I invite you to our responses there [Seek And Ye Shall Find, Knock and it shall be open unto you]. Go to http://www.shields-research.org click web links then apply and log on to the F.A.I.R message board and ask post your polemics there. I now know and see what THE LORD OF LIFE and his Prophets/Apostles/Christian followers had to go through by there critics, same polemics,attacks,slander,misrepresentation ect... . Joseph Smith was in great company in his persecution along with Jesus/Paul and other of the LORDS Annointed. May Grace Rain on you. In His Debt, Tanyan.