Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by RickD »

Welcome to the forums oldman. :D
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

:welcome:
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Rubberneck
Familiar Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Rubberneck »

Hi everyone.

I stumbled across this forum via a link from an unrelated forum. Strictly, I'm an atheist because I fit the criteria (in that I don't believe god/s exist). It was through browsing the Questioning Non-belief section that I decided to sign up to the forum, because through reading it I found that the atheist position is vastly misrepresented and is strewn with generalisations and straw-men, so I thought I could perhaps clear some things up and increase understanding where there currently is none.

I would also class myself as an agnostic, ignostic (depending on definitions), apatheist and non-theist.

Cheers,

Rubberneck
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Welcome to the forum.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Welcome :wave:
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Rubberneck wrote:Hi everyone.

I stumbled across this forum via a link from an unrelated forum. Strictly, I'm an atheist because I fit the criteria (in that I don't believe god/s exist). It was through browsing the Questioning Non-belief section that I decided to sign up to the forum, because through reading it I found that the atheist position is vastly misrepresented and is strewn with generalisations and straw-men, so I thought I could perhaps clear some things up and increase understanding where there currently is none.

I would also class myself as an agnostic, ignostic (depending on definitions), apatheist and non-theist.

Cheers,

Rubberneck
Hi Rubberneck,

You got off to a fiery start in that forum area by the looks of things, but welcome... y>:D<

Some of my own posts started in that forum, may seem obnoxious to non-Christians/Atheists, but that's where I open it up to discussion.

I welcome sincere and honest discussion to any posts I've started in that thread, including pointing out any straw men.

K
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Rubberneck
Familiar Member

Post by Rubberneck »

Kurieuo wrote:
Rubberneck wrote:Hi everyone.

Cheers,

Rubberneck
Hi Rubberneck,

You got off to a fiery start in that forum area by the looks of things, but welcome... y>:D<

Some of my own posts started in that forum, may seem obnoxious to non-Christians/Atheists, but that's where I open it up to discussion.

I welcome sincere and honest discussion to any posts I've started in that thread, including pointing out any straw men.

K
Thanks, K. All that brouhaha seemed unnecessary and pointless to me. All I did was request a clarification, the next thing I'm being lambasted over my intro. Hey ho.

I don't think you've come across as obnoxious, only someone who is airing some frustrations.

I'll head to the thread in question now, and thank you for clarifying.
Neha
Recognized Member

Post by Neha »

Hello people. I am an atheist. I hope to see what this board claims it has, evidence for God. :-) wishing everyone the best.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Neha wrote:Hello people. I am an atheist. I hope to see what this board claims it has, evidence for God. :-) wishing everyone the best.
Welcome Neha. :wave:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Welcome Neha.
Your name means tenderness in my native language :)

#foreverinmyheart
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Welcome Neha y>:D<
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Neha
Recognized Member

Post by Neha »

:wave: Hi all. Thanks for the warm welcome.
Neha
Recognized Member

Post by Neha »

I am trying to reply but I can't see my replies, I get a msg that they need to be approved...so I guess I should wait.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Neha,

All new members' first few posts have to be approved. That way we can filter out spam posts.

-Edward R Murrow

Neha
Recognized Member

Post by Neha »

RickD wrote:Neha,

All new members' first few posts have to be approved. That way we can filter out spam posts.
So how many posts do I have to wait to post properly?

Edit:
My post got posted... :wave: guess I passed the first few posts period.