South Park - Anti-God?

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.

Do You Think South Park Is Anti-God?

Yes, And I Don't Support The Show (Good For You, You're Smart)
77%
Yes, And I Support The Show (Good For You, You Lack Intelligence)
8%
No, And I Support The Show (Good For You, You Have Issues)
15%

Total votes: 13

Iggy
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Iggy »

whats that have to do with southpark?
IRQ Conflict
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by IRQ Conflict »

:shock: :?..........*
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

I watch it on and off, and really see nothing wrong with doing so given one is aware to its influences on many controversial issues it often makes a play upon. I love seeing thinking and opinions on controversial issues, and Southpark adds a comedic angle on them. Sometimes it goes too far however, just with its stupidity, unnecessary language, and jokes becoming too worn. Is it good to watch for Christians? Maybe not, since it has much anti-Christian tones whether light-hearted in humour or not. Will I watch it? Unless it is boring, yes, for I like the controversies often touched upon, which have also served as a launching pad for discussions with others about my beliefs.

Kurieuo
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Iggy
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Iggy »

im just tired of "christians" always thinking that they're too good for things... always ACTING perfect and stuff. look, it's just a dang tv show. if you want to watch it, cool, if not, cool! just stop actin like none of you have never done anything wrong, or laughed at something you probably shouldnt have. southpark isnt ANTI anything. maybe if you watched more than 1 or 2 episodes, you'd know that in alot of the episodes, the kids GO TO JESUS when they have an issue. isnt that what you want kids to do? And when they show God on the show, since we dont know anything about his looks, they made him look like everything. stop crying over stupid stuff... you'd think a bunch of adults would have something better to gripe about. its a cartoon, just leave it at that.
IRQ Conflict

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Iggy wrote:im just tired of "christians" always thinking that they're too good for things... always ACTING perfect and stuff. look, it's just a dang tv show. if you want to watch it, cool, if not, cool! just stop actin like none of you have never done anything wrong, or laughed at something you probably shouldnt have. southpark isnt ANTI anything. maybe if you watched more than 1 or 2 episodes, you'd know that in alot of the episodes, the kids GO TO JESUS when they have an issue. isnt that what you want kids to do? And when they show God on the show, since we dont know anything about his looks, they made him look like everything. stop crying over stupid stuff... you'd think a bunch of adults would have something better to gripe about. its a cartoon, just leave it at that.

Iggy wrote:there's a big reality check coming... i hope everyone is ready. i know im not, i need alot of help, mainly why ive come to this forum.
link

I would post some quotes from south puke...er park. But I don't want to be banned.

So you can't see the degenerative, demoralizing and desensitizing effect shows such as this have on youth?

It's no different than any other music video, movie, video game or any other media designed to numb your moral senses. Seems to be working.

I am not gonna sugar coat the Truth of this to you so "stop crying over stupid stuff"
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

IRQ Conflict

Post by IRQ Conflict »

just stop actin like none of you have never done anything wrong, or laughed at something you probably shouldnt have.
:? All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. No one is crying 'holier than thou'.

Ok, here is a link to a good article dealing with this subject. About quarter the way down.
Hellfire

bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

Iggy wrote:im just tired of "christians" always thinking that they're too good for things... always ACTING perfect and stuff. look, it's just a dang tv show. if you want to watch it, cool, if not, cool! just stop actin like none of you have never done anything wrong, or laughed at something you probably shouldnt have. southpark isnt ANTI anything. maybe if you watched more than 1 or 2 episodes, you'd know that in alot of the episodes, the kids GO TO JESUS when they have an issue. isnt that what you want kids to do? And when they show God on the show, since we dont know anything about his looks, they made him look like everything. stop crying over stupid stuff... you'd think a bunch of adults would have something better to gripe about. its a cartoon, just leave it at that.
In the end Iggy it is all in what you want to put into your Mind. Same goes for any show. Will and Grace, South Park, The Simpsons or Movies like The War of the Worlds, Mr and Mrs Smith, etc...

What are you willing to put into your mind?? That is all I have to say about this...