Dinos and Birds Closer then Ever?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

any connections between birds and dinosaurs will always be tenuous and the actual details may be forever out of our reach.
But we know it happened? the details aren't there because it never happened.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Jbuza wrote:
any connections between birds and dinosaurs will always be tenuous and the actual details may be forever out of our reach.
I suggest you go out and study the evidence and observations we have so far. There are certainly tantalizing peices opf evidence.

What I meant is exactly what I said, which is the exact details of when and where may never be known. If you have an alternative explanation for the various findings I am open to suggestions.

But please do the required research first before stating that there are no details at all, which is not the case.
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
Jbuza wrote:
I suggest you go out and study the evidence and observations we have so far. There are certainly tantalizing peices opf evidence.

What I meant is exactly what I said, which is the exact details of when and where may never be known. If you have an alternative explanation for the various findings I am open to suggestions.

But please do the required research first before stating that there are no details at all, which is not the case.
What tantalizing pieces of evidence?
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:I suggest you go out and study the evidence and observations we have so far. There are certainly tantalizing peices of evidence.
Archaeopteryx Image
Feathered DromaeosaurImage
Long tailed birdImage

http://www.geocities.com/dannsdinosaurs/featdino.html
http://www.dinosauria.com/jdp/archie/dromey.htm
http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/diapsids/s ... ridae.html
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Believer »

... And these could not by ANY means be an entirely different species? Coming from the belief in God, the God of the Bible, I do believe everything is interconnected and I do believe apes, chimps, birds, fish, dinosaurs, etc... had/have a basic design to them as a blue print of everything being interconnected instead of seeing huge ugly "monster" beasts that look like they came from a different planet. But I don't believe by any means that one another evolved into a new creature. You have shown nothing, sorry. Until that day (if it ever gets there, clock is still ticking) that evolution is PROVED as a 100% UNDENIABLY FACT, then I won't believe it. Sorry :?.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Thinker wrote:... And these could not by ANY means be an entirely different species? Coming from the belief in God, the God of the Bible, I do believe everything is interconnected and I do believe apes, chimps, birds, fish, dinosaurs, etc... had/have a basic design to them as a blue print of everything being interconnected instead of seeing huge ugly "monster" beasts that look like they came from a different planet. But I don't believe by any means that one another evolved into a new creature. You have shown nothing, sorry. Until that day (if it ever gets there, clock is still ticking) that evolution is PROVED as a 100% UNDENIABLY FACT, then I won't believe it. Sorry :?.
Brian I did say
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:What I meant is exactly what I said, which is the exact details of when and where may never be known. If you have an alternative explanation for the various findings I am open to suggestions.
These are findings, the interpretations are just that. From either perspective creationism or evolution these are separate species.
The only difference being that from the evolutionary perspective these are possibly distant ancestors to modern birds.

One thing to note is that these forms existed before the appearance of more modern birds in the fossil record.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
Jbuza wrote:

Sorry for my inability to answer everything that has been proposed to prop up evolution, educated men have been divising an explanation wihtout God for decades, but if you can bring forth more specific proofs that have independent evidence, than do so already. I am more than happy to provide a more true explnation based upon my scientific philosophy, but you have provided only empty claims to argue against.

Even Darwin realized how empty evolution was of any supporting evidence.

I cannot argue against conjecture and chatter, but if you have some concrete hypothesis and how it was tested to show that life evolved, and I would be happy to respond to that with a more reasonable explanation for you. All one has to do is follow creation theory to its logical and reasonble conlcusion and every observation will be explained.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Feathered Dromaeosaur-what feathers?

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

-Anonymous
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:I suggest you go out and study the evidence and observations we have so far. There are certainly tantalizing peices of evidence.

In response to your pictoral evidence, are you saying that given the wonderous variety of life both extinct and living that God created all manner of creatures that show intelligent design? Or are you professing Faith in the creator, that Word that became Jesus?

I fail to understand how this is evidence of anything other than massive sedimentation captured a living organism and preserved it, and that it has been dug up, and that chatter and speculzation has been told about the bones?

Seems like it belongs with a witch docter perhaps he could scatter them and get a vision of darwinian evolution for some devil.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:Feathered Dromaeosaur-what feathers?
Here is a close up of the head.
Its quite possible that many dinosaurs had such covering. Only the conditions required to preserve such fine detail is rare, making it impossible to determine which species did, and which did not.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
Thinker wrote:... And these could not by ANY means be an entirely different species? Coming from the belief in God, the God of the Bible, I do believe everything is interconnected and I do believe apes, chimps, birds, fish, dinosaurs, etc... had/have a basic design to them as a blue print of everything being interconnected instead of seeing huge ugly "monster" beasts that look like they came from a different planet. But I don't believe by any means that one another evolved into a new creature. You have shown nothing, sorry. Until that day (if it ever gets there, clock is still ticking) that evolution is PROVED as a 100% UNDENIABLY FACT, then I won't believe it. Sorry :?.
Brian I did say
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:What I meant is exactly what I said, which is the exact details of when and where may never be known. If you have an alternative explanation for the various findings I am open to suggestions.
These are findings, the interpretations are just that. From either perspective creationism or evolution these are separate species.
The only difference being that from the evolutionary perspective these are possibly distant ancestors to modern birds.

One thing to note is that these forms existed before the appearance of more modern birds in the fossil record.
So the one theory explains the acutal evidence and the other must relie on some non-existent evidence? Not disprovable. Not Science.

Game. Set. Match.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:Feathered Dromaeosaur-what feathers?
Here is a close up of the head.
Its quite possible that many dinosaurs had such covering. Only the conditions required to preserve such fine detail is rare, making it impossible to determine which species did, and which did not.
As I said before, what feathers? I see no imprint that looks like a feather.

- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

-Anonymous
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Believer »

As it is said, appearance can be deceiving. You make of it what you think it is. In this case, it looks like feathers, but doesn't.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Thinker wrote:As it is said, appearance can be deceiving. You make of it what you think it is. In this case, it looks like feathers, but doesn't.
So what do you think it is? Like I said I am open to suggestions.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

So, the covering is feathers until a better explanation is found? What if we just show that it's not feathers without an alterative? So what, doesn't hinder our argument

- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

-Anonymous