Time Upside Down

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

gone
Last edited by Jbuza on Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

gone
Last edited by Jbuza on Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

gone
Last edited by Jbuza on Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Jbuza wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
Jbuza wrote:You don't think that Evolution would be believable if it didn't include enough truth do you?
Are you familiar with the element technetium?
Or uranium-236?
Well I have never had none or anyhting, but know that they have half-lives at least uranium-236 does. But I am listening.
Uranium-236 has a half-life of 23.9 million years
Technetium-99 has a half-life of 0.212 million years (thats 212,000 years.)

They don't occur naturally on earth.

Plutonium-244 has a half-life of 80 million years and can only be found in very trace quantities as a result of a rare process in uranium-238 decay.
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

gone
Last edited by Jbuza on Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Jbuza wrote:Chapter 5 of Dr. Fange book presents numerous findings that show geological time and thus evolution to be the drivel it is.

http://www.rae.org/ch05tud.html
This doesn't have anything to do with what I posted.
Please just let me know if you accept the following as facts or not.

Uranium-236 has a half-life of 23.9 million years
Technetium-99 has a half-life of 0.212 million years (thats 212,000 years.)

They don't occur naturally on earth.

Plutonium-244 has a half-life of 80 million years and can only be found in very trace quantities as a result of a rare process in uranium-238 decay.
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

gone
Last edited by Jbuza on Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

gone
Last edited by Jbuza on Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yehren
Established Member

Post by Yehren »

One of them I do know about. I've even visited the site. It is ironic that the Paluxy "man tracks" hoax was debunked by Young Earth creationists.

"At about the same time Taylor was doing his filming a group of investigators from Loma Linda University came to investigate the "man tracks." Though they were supporters of the theory that the earth had only a short history, they reached an opposite conclusion from Burdick: Some of the "man tracks" found in the riverbed had a strange shape due to erosion, but they were all typical bipedal dinosaur tracks. Others were not tracks at all, but just areas were the rock had eroded in strange shapes. Of the loose stones the team examined with tracks in them, they determined that they where all likely carved hoaxes."
http://www.unmuseum.org/palx.htm

Your site is peddling stories even most creationists have abandoned as hoaxes.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

gone
Last edited by Jbuza on Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yehren
Established Member

Post by Yehren »

ACtually it isn't my site, IT is a book written by Dr. Erich von Fange is a retired professor from Concordia College in Ann Arbor Michigan. He is an educator with over 40 years of teaching experience.
And yet he didn't know that those tracks had been exposed as a hoax by YE creationists? Amazing.
He indicates, as I posted at the begining of this thread that a person must question whether somehting is truth or not, and that their is a danger to arbitrarily accepting newspaper or any accoutn for that matter, but throughout he talks about being convinced by the greater body of evdiences that show that evolution is false.
He certainly damaged his credibility by including old hoaxes in his "evidence", didn't he?
Don't feel that you have to attack it, I don't think anyone is telling you that you cannot delude yourself and believe in evolution is you would like.
Truth is what it is. Even honest creationists admit that this one is a hoax.
Feel feee to beleive what you wish, is this your athiest gospel,
Nope. Being Christian, the truth matters to me. I'll give Doc Fange the benefit of a doubt, and assume he was just gullible, not dishonest.
and you are trying to convert people from christianity?
Nope. In fact, I manage to get someone to accept God every now and then. But guys like Fange are making it harder for me. Unbelievers read that garbage, and assume that is what Christianity is about.

And then they turn away without ever learning the truth. I wish you people would stop it.

Understand, I fish in different waters than you do. But those people matter just as much as anyone else. And when you put obstacles in the way to the Lord, you are not doing Him a service.

"Usually, even a non-Christian knows something about the earth, the heavens, and the other elements of this world, about the motion and orbit of the stars and even their size and relative positions, about the predictable eclipses of the sun and moon, the cycles of the years and the seasons, about the kinds of animals, shrubs, stones, and so forth, and this knowledge he holds to as being certain from reason and experience. Now, this is a disgraceful and dangerous things for an infidel to hear a Christian, presumable giving the meaning of Holy Scripture, talking nonsense on these subjects; and we should take all means to prevent such an embarrassing situation, in which people show up vast ignorance in a Christian and laugh it to scorn. The shame is not so much that an ignorant individual is derided, but that people outside the household of faith think our sacred writers held such opinions, and, to the great loss of those for whose salvation we toil, the writers of the Scripture are criticized and rejected as unlearned men. If they find a Christian mistaken in a field which they themselves know well and hear him maintaining his foolish opinions about our books, how are they going to believe those books in matters concerning the resurrection of the dead, the hope of eternal life, and the kingdom of heaven, when they think their pages are full of falsehoods on facts which they themselves have learnt from experience and the light of reason? Reckless and incompetent expounders of Holy Scripture bring untold trouble and sorrow on their wiser brethren when they are caught in one of their mischievous false opinions and are taken to task by those who are not bound by the authority of our sacred books. For then, to defend their utterly foolish and obviously untrue statements, they will try to call upon Holy Scripture for proof and even recite from memory many passages which they think support their position, although they understand neither what they say nor the things about which they make assertion.'
St. Augustine (De Genesi ad litteram, Book I, Chapter 19)

Please consider the harm you do when you set these barriers.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

gone
Last edited by Jbuza on Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yehren
Established Member

Post by Yehren »

What you shouldn't do is make up things and attribute them to God.

That makes it harder to bring others to Him.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

gone
Last edited by Jbuza on Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

gone
Last edited by Jbuza on Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.