The Tsunami. Why Do Natural Disasters Happen?

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

I'd give something if I wasn't a broke University student without a job :(
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

If people would actually read the content on this website that Rich made then I believe this whole earthquake thing would be settled.
Jesus said the world would end and much worse is too come then a tsunami.
RGeeB
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by RGeeB »

Its certainly hard for 'judgement prophets' to explain the thousands of orphans.

That posting in the Apologia section of the forum certainly gives a good explanation for Christian suffering. As far as fatal disasters in the world is concerned, the concept of demonic freewill and activity was touched on. I would suggest that something like that would still occur within the boundaries defined by God.

Oh, by the way, I had friends who were on holiday in the south coast of India when the wave struck. They believe that God created circumstances to keep them from going down to the beach that day!
Maranatha!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I don't care much for science, unless its too help bring people toward Christ which is the only thing that matters.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

There are many reasons for it's occurance, and furthermore - we cannot rule out the fact that God did it - it would be irrational - just like ruling out a scientific notion.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

I'm not ruling it out. I simply think it is very improbable, as the logic used to support this thesis is downright stupid.
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

whoa182 wrote:If a god did it, Why do the same things happen on countless other planets on the solar system that dont have any life that sinned or whatever?

come on now, think... use that intelligence
Huh? There is no other life in our solar system that we know of (or any oceans for that matter). What are you talking about? Are you for real?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Ive seen many people say that god is punnishing people on this earth, and god caused this natural disaster to happen. It was an earthquake.

Now we know that other moons and planet in our star system that are Active and others maybe active.

If you think a GOD did this, Why does the same things happen on other planets and moons?

:)
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Earthquakes are side effects of tectonic movement, movement without which we would have an earth covered in water. has anybody read this?
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/tsunami.html
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yeah i have..I don't see why we are still discussing this :wink:
God will save all who come to him if its not their time to leave this earth.
The edge
Established Member

Post by The edge »

whoa182 wrote:so 50,000 kids died because it was their time.

that is evil :roll:
This can be a whole different topic....the subject on the age of accountability.
No, I'm not thinking that God did it, but God had allowed it with the knowledge of who have been given the chance to make a decision for Him or who have not because they may not be capable of it.

Anyway, I appreciate the point about other planets. It's clear that natural things do happen around us.
Yes, God can still speak to or willed circumstances for specific people not to perish if their time is not up yet, despite the natural happenings.
A belief in God also demands that we believe that God has a clear knowledge of who is going to where when they perish.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Ok Jesus said something along the lines of the Kingdom of God being for children and i believe that all babies and young children will infact enter into the Kingdom upon death. Also babies and small children are blind and Jesus said that people who are blind won't be judged but rather those who are blind yet claim they know will face judgement.

So again I don't see an argument against God.
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

The edge wrote:Anyway, I appreciate the point about other planets.
I don't accept the point. For starters there are no people on those other planets. Just because tectonic activity is common among plants doesn't speak to whether or not this occurance was caused by God or not.

Incidently I agree that this disaster was probably nature taking its course. But I couldn't 'rule out' that is was an act of God. I wonder how many disasters befell the Egyptians before they finally realized that is wasn't just nature causing them...
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Forget it.

just had a PM
Dale Tooley
Familiar Member

Tsunami

Post by Dale Tooley »

I am astounded by the various Christians explanations for the Tsunami .

What I am sure of is that earthquakes and the plate tectonics that cause them are natural to our world and part of a designer planet making life on earth possible! There are many things in nature that are part-of-the-price-of-living! Tooth and claw too - there always has been - but it still a great planet to live on and I have yet to find a Christian in a hurry to leave it.

Anyone wanting to be martyred - today?

Here is what a scientist said about the Tsunami , as reported in the New Zealand Herald of Jan 18 :

University of California geochemist Donald I DePaolo told the New York Times that the geological process that caused the earthquake and tsunami is an essential characteristic of the planet. "As far as we know , it doesn't occur on any other planetary body and has something very directly to do with the fact that the Earth is a habitable planet".

(This is only one of many hundreds of "coincidences" that make our planet very special and point to the creator of a "designer planet". Dale)