I need help!

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

Hi Tyler,

Can you maybe pick a topic and we can discuss that, and knock them around one at a time? This thread seems to be jumping between a few topics, and I would prefer to address them with a list of resources and a quick discussion.

We can also discuss some philosophical issues, such as what truth is etc, there is some value in that.

For radiometric dating, here is a long technical thread on the issue, with our most vocal YEC defender Jbuza actively involved. This addresses most of the so-called flaws in the dating mechanism.
http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... php?t=1687

Let us know what you want to discuss, there are many discussions here around these topics. Prepare to drink from a firehose!
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
tyler_demerhcant
Recognized Member

Post by tyler_demerhcant »

O.k., I am cancelling my watch on this topic. I will retain to other topics.
norman1956
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: I need help!

Post by norman1956 »

Hi tyler_demerhcant

I saw your plea for help, As a matter of fact that is the reason that I joined this whole site, I am still not quite sure what you said that you seem to be in a panic about, I have read over some of the statements by some of the other guest here and they do not seem viscous at all. I also see that you are a beaming and I assume very intelligent 19 year old student I would assume again, There seems to be some doubt in your mind as to how the earth was created, First let me tell you a little about myself, I am a 56 Y/O male, I hold a degree in Psychology, I also hold a degree in Mental health, Human Resources, Math, Calculus, and you cannot tell by my writing but I also hold a degree in English Literature, My writing can be pretty much as good as the subject I am writing about if I am bored, Which I am at the moment my writing is not up to my best, Why would I be bored right at this moment, I suppose it may have something to do with the disappointment I feel thinking about someone as young as you are second guessing God.

I am an educated man, And I except the Bible just as it is, It has in fact proven itself many times over, As a matter of fact any time anyone discounts what the Bible says and begins a search or effort to prove it wrong in some way, The Bible always on every occasions seems to come out the winner, ( Every Time ), Now I will say that it is our jobs as Christians to do our very best to defend the Bible any time it is contested, I do not feel that anything that has been said here is a real contest, The Bible does say that there were 3 earth ages, I am not going into each and every detail of what was said by God or science about any of them because life is to short to spend it on this one subject, One of those Earth ages the earth was occupied by dinosaurs and they were for the most part destroyed, And the scientist just figured out it was the asteroid that hit in Mexico that caused the extinction of the species.

But once again I believe in what the bible says and it has yet to be disproved and all that has been researched has been pretty much found to be true, I think that all of you will find that there has been more research done by the Jewish people than any other race, And I am sure that all will agree that they are doing a proper job on the things that they research, The first earth age was dinosaurs, The second was before the great flood by God, And we are the third earth age and that is so far to be continued, Education is a wonderful thing, But please do not let it blind you to the facts of evidence that is every where and they learn more everyday, When the first John wrote revelations God told him at that time that the visions that he was provided were not for the people of that time period, God said that when the time was getting near that people would understand, And that is in fact happening all over the world as we speak, Things are coming to pass everyday that fit right into the prophecies.

Jesus himself told his disciples when he was asked about the time of the second coming of himself Jesus Christ, Jesus told them that not the Angels in heaven nor himself new when that would be, Jesus ( Himself ) said that neither the Angels in heaven Nor the Son meaning him knew when he would come again, Jesus said that only the Father in heaven knew that information, ONLY GOD ONLY GOD not even Jesus, So he said be ready at all times, That was what was important, To Be Ready, There are many things that Jesus himself said through his own life that would have made you think that he himself thought it to be very near, I believe he felt that it would happen in the disciples generation, But we really don't know do we.

Tyler I do not know you, I hope that someday that you decide to believe in God and my savior Jesus Christ, But never ever be ashamed about being confused by the Bible because it has been happening for 2000 years, There have been wars fought and many killed because of people in power being confused about what the bible meant, Just keep trying to figure it out and you will, The Bible says Knock and the door shall be opened, It says seek and ye shall find, Because of the confusion over the bible and religion God himself said for us to come and sit with him and reason with him, I think it goes like this ( Come ans sit and let us reason ) So God himself knows of the confusion that goes on a humans mind, And he himself is willing to explain himself to any of us that are willing to listen, SO NEVER be ashamed of trying to learn how it all came to be, I study the Bible everyday and I pray for understanding of the words.

OH and one last thing try to get a personal relationship with God and do not count on any religion to show you the way because they are all just doing there best to figure it all out to, But a personal relationship is the best, You will learn more just talking to God on a personal basis and reading your Bible than you will reading some religions idea of what the Bible says, es this was off topic, The world has existed for billions of years, I have no idea if it was always inhabited or not, But this big ball we call the earth goes back farther than it is possible for any man or instrument to possible measure at this day and time.

Thanks
My name is
Norman L Bowman C.Ht