Pascal's Wager Article

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Pascal's Wager Article

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

DannyM wrote:FL, where is ya?
I have to work to support my lavish lifestyle!
DannyM wrote: Doesn't the immediate follow up to your post make you want to weep?
Uhhhh...I'm assuming you mean narnia's post* and not smiley's. Narnia answered my challenge to Kristoffer,
Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:Go ahead and ask the people who post on this board if they have lost anything by ''becoming Christian'' as you put it. I am certain that each one of them will tell you that they have gained far more since accepting Jesus as Lord of their life. Ask them and learn from what they will tell you.
...but she didn't wait until Kristoffer asked anyone. I think it is significant that Kristoffer never bothered to ask anyone. Sometimes, silence speaks loudly.

The atheist that I was and the atheists that I knew and know today are very narrow-minded when it comes to God. I'm not surprised that an atheist would not care to find out about how someone's life improves when accepting Christ. Any understanding of the Christian experience would go against their pre-set attitude and would be dangerous.

FL

*EDIT: I'm actually refering to Kristoffer's post where he quote's narnia's in its entirety.
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DannyM »

Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:I have to work to support my lavish lifestyle!
That's the price of fame, I guess!
DannyM wrote: Doesn't the immediate follow up to your post make you want to weep?
Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:Uhhhh...I'm assuming you mean narnia's post* and not smiley's. Narnia answered my challenge to Kristoffer,
Yes. It's quite sad when a good post goes to waste, probably not even read and taken in, just discarded through total ignorance.
Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:...but she didn't wait until Kristoffer asked anyone. I think it is significant that Kristoffer never bothered to ask anyone. Sometimes, silence speaks loudly.

The atheist that I was and the atheists that I knew and know today are very narrow-minded when it comes to God. I'm not surprised that an atheist would not care to find out about how someone's life improves when accepting Christ. Any understanding of the Christian experience would go against their pre-set attitude and would be dangerous.
I have your recent short poem in my mind. Haha. That did make me chuckle.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Kristoffer
Valued Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Kristoffer »

Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:...today are very narrow-minded when it comes to God. I'm not surprised that an atheist would not care to find out about how someone's life improves when accepting Christ.
Sorry Maybe I Should of told you, I had experiences of paranormal things before. Like telekinesis( I wish I could do it it is amazing)
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Kristoffer wrote:Sorry Maybe I Should of told you, I had experiences of paranormal things before. Like telekinesis( I wish I could do it it is amazing)
:oops: If I were still an atheist, you'd embarass me.

Smarten up, Kris! Use the brain you have and ask Jesus to be Lord of your life.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +