Fall of man: objection against theistic evolutionists

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
zoegirl
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Fall of man: objection against theistic evolutionists

Post by zoegirl »

Sorry, just being lighthearted, no need to start another thread...(unless you want to)
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
JC333
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by JC333 »

:shijacked:
Don't worry about being off topic. I always post a disclaimer in my OP...
JC333 wrote:Feel free to take discussion in any direction.
tabitha wrote:Wasn't C.S. Lewis friends with Tolkien?
I believe C.S. Lewis, Tolkien and one other (forgot who) had a deep philosophical conversation that lasted all night and that is how Lewis got convinced that there is a God and that God was the God of Christianity. So yes, they were friends.
tabitha wrote:Maybe we should start a LOTR topic, but how to make it fit the theme of Christianity?
I believe (again, I may be wrong) that Tolkien wrote LOTR as symbolism for the long lasting fight of good and evil. The story itself was meant to be symbolic of Christianity. So was the Chronicles of Narnia.
zoegirl wrote:Oh, I don't know, they had some pretty complex conversations, lasting, what, three or four days?!? :ewink:
Took them like 45 minutes out of the movie (which was probably more like 3-4 hours in LOTR time) to decide that Merry and Pippin weren't in fact orc spies. :duel:
CharlieB
Acquainted Member

Post by CharlieB »

JC333 wrote:
The Church of England expressed deep concerns last night about the spread of creationist views as it prepared to unveil a website promoting the evolutionary views of Charles Darwin.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/commen ... 744194.ece
Reason #274 why the separation of church and state is necessary. Government ruins everything.