Who created world? God or Satan?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Who created world? God or Satan?

Post by cslewislover »

jake7264 wrote:The site “Evidence for God...” explains that evil has to exist so we have a choice. I got no problem with this concept. Makes sense.
Now. Let's have one hard look at the planet. You don't eat, you die. The whole thing is BASED on things eating things. Is it OK to rip the chickens head off every now and than or cook ALIVE carrot just to survive? Is it OK to kill on daily basis? Those questions are not aimed at livestock producers.
Those will probably copy couple of verses from the bible saying that God gave us the rest of animal kingdom as food source. So it's OK to plunge a lobster in boiling water... y:-?
Fruits and vegetables are alive, but not like animals, which have nerves and blood . . . which I know you know. You have a couple of different questions here, otherwise. Who created the world, God or Satan? And is it OK to do a cruel thing to another living thing. So, you're implying that Satan made the world because there is evil in it?

I am not a young earth creationist, but I do believe Satan and The Fall brought in death and predation. *shrugs* (I don't want to start a whole 'nother thread here on this, where there is already at least two.) If nothing else, the verses on these demonstrate God's character, I believe; it is also part of God's character that he allows us to exercise our free will. Before The Fall, God gave plants to the animals to eat (Gen 1:29-30), and when all is redeemed, it will be the same (Isa 11:6-9; 30:23-24; 32:20; 65:20, 24-25; Rev 22:2-3). Able gave to God a blood sacrifice. Life is in the blood. Sin is so bad in God's eyes, that a life needs to be exchanged for it. And this points to Christ's sacrifice, which was/is enough to exchange our sin for life, for all who accept it.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis