Awesome women ministers

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
jlay
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Awesome women ministers

Post by jlay »

At 60 years of age she has become a very popular speaker. She certainly is one of the best-known and best-paid TV preachers (especially for women). Her ministry revenues have steadily increased from 1998 where they took in 40 million, to 1999 they brought in 55 million, to 2000 70 million, to 2001 near 80 million, to 2002 near 90 million. Today her Life in the Word organization estimates to take in $95 million this year. The ministry says it spends about 10 percent - $880,000 a month - on charitable works around the globe.

“I'm going to tell you something folks, I didn't stop sinning until I finally got it through my thick head I wasn't a sinner anymore. And the religious world thinks that's heresy and they want to hang you for it. But the Bible says that I'm righteous and I can't be righteous and be a sinner at the same time.”
(I Jn. 1:8-10) “If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
One does not have to be part of the religious world to believe this, the Bible actually says this and it certainly is not from the pit of hell. The Bibles definition of sin is anything falling short of perfection. One of the words for sin is Harmatia -- missing the mark or target and hitting another is the most common explanation. To keep the law perfect means to have a bullseye every time. No one can do this. “Everything that does not come from faith is sin” (Rom. 14:23). Knowing good and not doing it is sin (James 4:17). Not doing what should be done is sin. To sin means one is a sinner. It is absurd to say You stopped sinning because you stopped calling yourself a sinner.

Meyer, in her book, writes, “Words are containers for power” (The Name, The Word, The Blood, p. 37). This is typical Copeland/ Hagin faith talk. She has promoted this as well on her TV broadcast. “Prov.18:21 this could be a life hanging scripture “death and life are in the power of the tongue. And they who indulge in it shall eat the fruit of it for death or life.” The ad following for her audio series “Is your mouth saved.” The advertise says we all have the ability to speak life or death to not only other people but to ourselves as well. “Will help you to take inventory of what you've been saying and begin speaking faith filled words that will bring to pass God's good plan for your life.” (May 14, 2000 LeSea broadcasting)
http://www.letusreason.org/popteac17.htm
http://www.pfo.org/preacher.htm
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

For starters I think the most awesome women minsters I know are cslewislover and Zoegirl!

:amen:

Here -- Here!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

B. W. wrote:For starters I think the most awesome women minsters I know are cslewislover and Zoegirl!

Here -- Here!
-
-
-
y:O2 Ohhhh, thanks! Even though any effective work is from the Lord, it is still great to get affirmed sometimes!
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
zoegirl
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

wow...thanks...I would say that I have been tremendously blessed by the men here.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

There is nothing in the Bible that prohibits women from being a spokesperson for God... Nothing... Women are made in the image of God just like men Genesis 1:27. Before this became a huge theological debate on who is "right" before God, the point that was trying to be made is that women have the same abilities as men. My only wish is that more women would speak up... That is the point I'm trying to make. Not who is "right" before God.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
sinnerbybirth
Established Member

Post by sinnerbybirth »

B. W. wrote:For starters I think the most awesome women minsters I know are cslewislover and Zoegirl!

Here -- Here!
-
-
-
Agreed, I would have to say I have learned much from both of these ladies. Thank you both. :clap:

GOD Bless you Mighty Women of GOD!
sinnerbybirth
Established Member

Post by sinnerbybirth »

Gman wrote:There is nothing in the Bible that prohibits women from being a spokesperson for God... Nothing... Women are made in the image of God just like men <A class=lbsBibleRef href="http://bible.logos.com/passage/esv/Genesis%201.27" target=_blank lbsReference="Genesis 1.27|ESV">Genesis 1:27</A>. Before this became a huge theological debate on who is "right" before God, the point that was trying to be made is that women have the same abilities as men. My only wish is that more women would speak up... That is the point I'm trying to make. Not who is "right" before God.
I see the theological debate being more about the rolls men and women have in marriage. I don't think its about being a spokespersons of GOD. Men tend to think the head of the family somehow has to do with authority, not responsibility.

Here in the Bible belt, we have a few churches that have husband/wife preachers. I have been to one such service and found it quite refreshing to see a husband and wife preaching. Reminds me of the husband and wife tent makers Paul stayed with, Acts 18: 1-3. Have you ever noticed Priscilla's name is mentioned first? I see it twice in Acts, once in Acts 18: 18 and the other in Acts 18: 26. They took him and explained to him the way of GOD more accurately, Not he.

Spiritual food for thought. :ewink:
Kristoffer
Valued Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Kristoffer »

zoegirl wrote:wow...thanks...I would say that I have been tremendously blessed by the men here.
Is that the only way you have been blessed? :lol:

sorry.
Gman wrote:the point that was trying to be made is that women have the same abilities as men.
I disagree, they deserve the same rights, they are not equal physicaly and mentally(I am not talking about inequality here! nor am I saying they are inferior or even superior) I mean that the differences should be recognized too. Although I would say I would be against positive discrimination.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Krsitoff, you have a way of just totally misunderstanding posts.

Of course that's not the only way I have been blessed. I have been blessed with a wonderful family, a wonderful job, wonderful colleagues. Even in my afflictions I can say I have been blessed, blessed with grace, blessed with compassion...

I was returning the compliment. The men that I work with, the men here on the site are Godly, wonderful, smart and funny.

The unfortunate thing about the world today is there are grievous attacks to both femininity and masculinity and the responses can sometimes, unfortunately, be just as bad. In response to the extreme philosophies of feminism with their misandry, we have a misogynistic response. Sadly the responses in some communities and churches seems to be emphasizing the weakness of women and applying it too broadly and doing the same thing with men and strength, instead of realizing that scripture requires both genders to grow spiritually, to lead in some instances, to submit in others, to be strong in the Word and even to realize their weaknesses. I know full well that men are meant to be the spiritual leaders, but it doesn't mean that women don't have a voice.

There are differences, of course, but too many use these differences to pigeonhole each gender.

For instance, whenever I hear a study on Deborah, it seems she is known not for her own capabilities, but rather for the fact that she was the default....the one that just happened to be there. The one known for shaming the men around her. But it remains that she was the one who led Israel at the time, who had the strengths and abilities.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

zoegirl wrote:For instance, whenever I hear a study on Deborah, it seems she is known not for her own capabilities, but rather for the fact that she was the default....the one that just happened to be there. The one known for shaming the men around her. But it remains that she was the one who led Israel at the time, who had the strengths and abilities.
Geez, that's sad. She was chosen by God to play her part . . . I've been fortunate to not hear people talk about her like that.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Kristoffer
Valued Member

Post by Kristoffer »

Oh dear, everyone seems to be misunderstanding or misinterpreting. If I were to be honest I would say men are the weak ones. At least it feels that way to me. :lol:

plz not kristoff (it sound no good)
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Kristoffer wrote:I disagree, they deserve the same rights, they are not equal physicaly and mentally(I am not talking about inequality here! nor am I saying they are inferior or even superior) I mean that the differences should be recognized too. Although I would say I would be against positive discrimination.
No... What I meant is that women are the same spiritually as men.. Spiritually they have the same abilities as men.. This is reiterated throughout the Bible. Technically there is no male or female in God's eye's. God see's them as equals... Galatians 3:28.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Kristoffer
Valued Member

Post by Kristoffer »

erm...oh yea "spiritually", well as long as a spirit is not a soul then I could be fine with the very idea. if spirit means essence as I have a hunch that it does, then I can totally agree.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Kristoffer wrote:erm...oh yea "spiritually", well as long as a spirit is not a soul then I could be fine with the very idea. if spirit means essence as I have a hunch that it does, then I can totally agree.
If you are open to there being a God, then why are you not open to us having souls? Is this a definition problem or something? God is spirit, and He made a part of us immortal, the soul (and it is spirit).
Kristoffer
Valued Member

Post by Kristoffer »

I am not open because it seems unneccessary, god could simply completely recreate our bodies, why would a kind of separated essence be necessary. If there is at all a way to observe the soul, then I would believe.

Also there are as many definitions of God as there are human beings, my idea of what a god could possibly be might not meet your approval.