What book should a child read first?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
zoegirl
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: What book should a child read first?

Post by zoegirl »

Perhaps other resources as well, such as books on CD? Often that can help bridge a gap for the mom....CD"S like the Odyssey adventures that she could play in the car for her, are entertaining as well as providing Biblical messages. I'm not saying instead of the Bible, but as a supplement. Anyway, just some ideas. Sometimes, as well, continuing to build the relationship, offering to babysit or take them out to lunch. Once you've established a relationship or strengthened it, you have build a strong foundation to continue to witness to them.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
zackabba1
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: What book should a child read first?

Post by zackabba1 »

I understand what you're saying, and thanks for your help...but her mom's not a Christian, for one (agnostic). She wouldn't dare play a Bible CD. She'd probably rather play a Guns and Roses CD (honestly).

I don't really have a way to take her out anywhere or to babysit, either. That's what I mean when I say that I only see her once a month, if that. I don't have any sort of car (or time for that matter, except maybe on weekends) to pick her up.