Case for Christian Theism and it's proper use in debates...

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
jlay
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Case for Christian Theism and it's proper use in debates

Post by jlay »

Wait a minute! Don't accuse me of basing my entire faith on the big bang.
Derrick, I directly quoted you. Here is the context of it.
Well I know that if all of them get disproved or certain ones like the resurrection of Christ were disproved I would be forced to give up Christianity and if the cosmological argument were disproved I would have to give up all forms of theism.
This is a quote directly from you. Here is a link http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... =3&t=34928
Just what am I missing? When you use the word "I" are you referring to yourself? Since you have referred to Christianity numerous times as Christian Theism, I am assuming that this is included when you say, "all" forms or theism. Have I misunderstood? Please explain?
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
zoegirl
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Case for Christian Theism and it's proper use in debates

Post by zoegirl »

I am locking this topic temporarily to give everyone a chance to cool down. Let's remember, everyone, that we are not out for blood here and that we can reason together as Christians.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"