Human evolution and dna

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Re: Human evolution and dna

Post by Byblos »

DannyM wrote:Secondly, in all origin of life experiments amino acids do not demonstrate the 'bonding affinities' required to conform to any of the known patterns of sequencing found in functional proteins. So your comment that 'Once they have amino acids, proteins and the other building blocks of life conceivably can occur given enough time' is plain wrong. It is one of the most anti-empirical assertions I have seen made in a long time.
Evolution of the gaps. Give us enough time, we'll prove it.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Gman
Old School
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Byblos wrote:
DannyM wrote:Secondly, in all origin of life experiments amino acids do not demonstrate the 'bonding affinities' required to conform to any of the known patterns of sequencing found in functional proteins. So your comment that 'Once they have amino acids, proteins and the other building blocks of life conceivably can occur given enough time' is plain wrong. It is one of the most anti-empirical assertions I have seen made in a long time.
With a little magic, I mean science, anything is possible... :P

Don't you just love philosophy? I mean science... Sorry. I keep mixing up those two words. Darn.. :doh:

The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Byblos wrote:
Indeed, and it never seems to get old. That this nonsense still gets spouted is a fine feat.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
joejmz
Acquainted Member

Post by joejmz »

I wish I had as much faith as those who believe science, which is simply a very efficient tool for analyzing nature, proves "time + natural selection + random mutation" can result in the myriad of life forms that the fossil record indicates have existed.
BlueNote
Newbie Member
Christian: No

Post by BlueNote »

Facepalm at all of you, at this whole board. Do half you actually read the stuff you criticise or are you happy just to live in ignorance? I am guessing the latter. Religion FTW! lets close our eyes and hope factual reality goes away!
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

BlueNote wrote:Facepalm at all of you, at this whole board.
Hello to you too.
BlueNote wrote:Do half you actually read the stuff you criticise

Yeah, we do. Got a point to add?
BlueNote wrote:or are you happy just to live in ignorance? I am guessing the latter. Religion FTW! lets close our eyes and hope factual reality goes away!
Wow, what an unsubstantiated rant. Lol. Would you like to contribute?
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Reactionary

Post by Reactionary »

BlueNote wrote:Facepalm at all of you, at this whole board.
Likewise.
BlueNote wrote:Do half you actually read the stuff you criticise
Do you read the stuff you criticise?
BlueNote wrote:or are you happy just to live in ignorance?
BlueNote wrote:lets close our eyes and hope factual reality goes away!
Think about whether the same applies to you.

P.S. I'm glad that the moderators allowed this post, so that we can observe a typical atheist troll in action. However, I suggest ignoring him until he produces a debatable claim, aside from the usual unsubstantiated rant. Thank you.
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary