Homosexuality is not a sin

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Homosexuality is not a sin

Post by RickD »

DannyM wrote:
RickD wrote:Danny wrote:
If we see John the gay Christian stumble and pick up Fred in a nightclub then we cannot know of the conflict within this Christian’s heart.
Danny, what are you doing in a gay nightclub, anyways? y:O2
Funny story: me and some mates fell into a gay club one night... Happy to say I wasn't converted :)
So, the stereotype about all British men being effeminate is true? Fell into a gay club..That's a good one , Danny.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

RickD wrote:
DannyM wrote:
If we see John the gay Christian stumble and pick up Fred in a nightclub then we cannot know of the conflict within this Christian’s heart.
Funny story: me and some mates fell into a gay club one night... Happy to say I wasn't converted :)
So, the stereotype about all British men being effeminate is true? Fell into a gay club..That's a good one , Danny.
:lol: Least I'm not bloody offended by it, Rick! :P
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DannyM wrote:
RickD wrote:
DannyM wrote:
:lol: Least I'm not bloody offended by it, Rick! :P
here you go, Danny:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyICEPGq2C4
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

RickD wrote:here you go, Danny:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyICEPGq2C4
Rick, what the blazes was that? Was that Americans trying to do a plumb British accent? :lol:
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DannyM wrote:
Rick, what the blazes was that? Was that Americans trying to do a plumb British accent? :lol:
No Danny. I thought it was you and your mates after having a few too many in that night club you "stumbled" into. :pound:

-Edward R Murrow

DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

RickD wrote:
DannyM wrote:
No Danny. I thought it was you and your mates after having a few too many in that night club you "stumbled" into. :pound:
:lol: Couldn't sit down for a week!
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
goldmoor
Familiar Member

Post by goldmoor »

Zukkor wrote:Hello, first I would like to introduce myself as I have just joined this forum. I am relatively new in faith, and I used to be an atheist. But, I found my reasons for being an atheist lied more in the fact of my utter disagreements with religion and it's claims, than with the actual belief in God. And to be honest, in this Postmodernist society, it seems more kids my age lack the belief in God and Jesus and deem it as "uncool".

But now, to the point. Homosexuality is not a sin, it is not a choice, and it is not a sickness or disease. Whomever so thinks any of the aforementioned are the case, then they would be wrong. Not only are they wrong, but I daresay they are not true followers of God. To be completely honest, I believe that not everything in the Bible is innately correct, or meant to be taken literally. After all, it was written by the hand of man, and man is inherently evil.

Now, this has been a question of mine for as long as I can remember. If one is truly a person of God, then why do they blatantly discriminate and harm other human beings whom are homosexual? It even seems to get to the point of hate, which is not what a person of God should be doing. Think really deeply about it, being homosexual is not a choice, and if you believe so then you are an ignorant person. Why would someone choose to be homosexual, knowing that others will surely attack them for it? No, it is not a choice, but a natural phenomenon within nature. So now, I ask why some of you may think that homosexuality is bad, I am eager for reasons.

i going to need an explaintion on how a person is born gay i just don't no how
for God has not given us a spirit of fear,but power and of love and of a sound mind 2timonthy1:7

he has given us power to overcome any obstacle,love to endured any and all hardship and a sound mind to solve any problem and have peace inside and out so truly what is it that we should fear
Tina
Established Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Tina »

So far, I have not found anything saying that homosexuality is a sin. Just sex between the same genders. So I guess it says two guys can be together, they just can't have sex? I'm not quite sure yet.
"Love others as I have loved you." -Jesus Christ
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Tina wrote:So far, I have not found anything saying that homosexuality is a sin. Just sex between the same genders. So I guess it says two guys can be together, they just can't have sex? I'm not quite sure yet.
Yes...temptation isn't a sin. Giving into temptation is the sin.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

But could you not simply counter that by saying heterosexual attraction is just "temptation" and that any time you were to have sex with someone of the opposite sex you find attractive, you are doing the exact same thing? If you concede that homosexuality is a real, natural, and innate aspect of certain people, you are basically saying that "my temptation is just better than theirs." I find that to be rather odd.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Ivellious wrote:
But could you not simply counter that by saying heterosexual attraction is just "temptation" and that any time you were to have sex with someone of the opposite sex you find attractive, you are doing the exact same thing? If you concede that homosexuality is a real, natural, and innate aspect of certain people, you are basically saying that "my temptation is just better than theirs." I find that to be rather odd.
Ivellious, if you do a search on the many "homosexual" threads, you'll see that most Christians here, agree that having sex outside marriage is a sin. Whether or not it's sex with the opposite sex.

-Edward R Murrow

Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

I'm not saying outside of marriage. But just when you say "wanting to have sex with somebody i.e. "temptation", is a sin if you follow through with it" is basically saying that heterosexual temptation is ok if you get married, but homosexual temptation is not. I'm just saying, if you accept that homosexuality isn't just made up or learned behavior or whatever, you are basically saying that temptation is only ok if it's heterosexual. In essence, that kind of temptation (presuming you are attracted to you spouse...) is just "better" than homosexuality in general.

For the record, you don't need to argue that, I wasn't looking for an argument...it's one of those battles that neither side can really convince each other of because of such drastically different ideals/worldviews.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Ivellious wrote:I'm not saying outside of marriage. But just when you say "wanting to have sex with somebody i.e. "temptation", is a sin if you follow through with it" is basically saying that heterosexual temptation is ok if you get married, but homosexual temptation is not. I'm just saying, if you accept that homosexuality isn't just made up or learned behavior or whatever, you are basically saying that temptation is only ok if it's heterosexual. In essence, that kind of temptation (presuming you are attracted to you spouse...) is just "better" than homosexuality in general.

For the record, you don't need to argue that, I wasn't looking for an argument...it's one of those battles that neither side can really convince each other of because of such drastically different ideals/worldviews.
Ok, I think I see what you're saying. Attraction to the opposite sex is natural. Attraction to the same sex, is unnatural. IMO.

-Edward R Murrow

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Ivellious wrote:But could you not simply counter that by saying heterosexual attraction is just "temptation" and that any time you were to have sex with someone of the opposite sex you find attractive, you are doing the exact same thing? If you concede that homosexuality is a real, natural, and innate aspect of certain people, you are basically saying that "my temptation is just better than theirs." I find that to be rather odd.
You are reading too much into what I wrote! All I said was,
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:Yes...temptation isn't a sin. Giving into temptation is the sin.
Even Jesus was tempted but he never sinned. You may have a propensity towards homosexual sin; I - a former theif - tend to covet and envy. We have different weaknesses in regards to temptation (you want to do other men and I want to steal your pen) but if we don't give into our temptations, neither of us will sin.

As for ''my temptation is just better than [yours]'' well, not really. Sin is sin. Without Jesus covering your sin, you're toast.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
BryanH
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by BryanH »

Ivellious, if you do a search on the many "homosexual" threads, you'll see that most Christians here, agree that having sex outside marriage is a sin. Whether or not it's sex with the opposite sex.
At least now we know why gay people want to have right to get married: so they can have sex in a marriage and not be sinners anymore:))