Doubts

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Doubts

Post by 1over137 »

ultimate777 wrote:When I was a little boy in Sunday school I thought there was much, much more documentation of the life of Christ than I now think there is. I have serious doubts now about the whole thing. I imagine I will always have those doubts. However if my doubts are wrong I do not want to be damned and I want to be right with Christ. If my doubts are wrong must I convince myself and Christ I no longer have these doubts to be saved? As you probably can tell I am more self-centered than most people and more than most want to do things for my own benefit with maybe too little concern for other factors, even regarding my thoughts on religion. Would Jesus accept me if that never changed?
No, you are not to pretend you do not have doubts.

Yes, from my interaction with you, I would tell you are selfcentered.

But if you really accept Christ as your Saviour, The Holy Spirit will lead you and eventually you will not be that selfcentered.

And, yes Jesus accepts us as we are, but we are to accept Him. So, the real question is - do you accept Him?
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart