Can God Ever Have An Original Thought?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Can God Ever Have An Original Thought?

Post by neo-x »

CeT-To on Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:21 pm

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
CeT-To wrote:
The question of the topic is pretty interesting it got me thinking if God is ever knowing from the timeless eternity does that mean that our personalities were in his mind from everlasting to everlasting?

I my opinion yes.

Mmm seems so though God freely chose to create us - so it could be the case that God had other personalities in mind which he will never actualise into existence, don't you think so?

Mind boggling.
If you believe in predestination then God always knew he would create you - this kind of thinking makes all of it quite unimportant.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

If you believe in predestination then God always knew he would create you - this kind of thinking makes all of it quite unimportant.
Depends on where your perspective lies, i am inside time and am moving forward in time making the choices i do progressivly so from my perspective nothing is determined.
God is outside time and is all knowing, from his perspective it is determined.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Danieltwotwenty » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:42 pm

Depends on where your perspective lies, i am inside time and am moving forward in time making the choices i do progressivly so from my perspective nothing is determined.
God is outside time and is all knowing, from his perspective it is determined.
Is God restrained by his own choices?
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if

without.

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

God IS and Was and Will be....... there was never any choice it just was........... or was it?
Does God make choices or does he just do?
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
CeT-To
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by CeT-To »

neo-x wrote:
CeT-To on Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:21 pm

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
CeT-To wrote:
The question of the topic is pretty interesting it got me thinking if God is ever knowing from the timeless eternity does that mean that our personalities were in his mind from everlasting to everlasting?

I my opinion yes.

Mmm seems so though God freely chose to create us - so it could be the case that God had other personalities in mind which he will never actualise into existence, don't you think so?

Mind boggling.
I still think its staggering that we were chosen from eternity or as long as God has been in existence to come to an eternal unimaginable relationship with God. LOL sounds pretty important to me hahaha.
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
God IS and Was and Will be....... there was never any choice it just was........... or was it?
Does God make choices or does he just do?
Well he makes choices but his choices have been acknowledged and chosen from His timeless state, they have been his choices as long as He has existed. Lol really hard to wrap my mind around it...

Lol isn't saying -
Like saying isn't God restrained by his own free will ? Because by saying choices - by definition choices are made from free will .
Last edited by CeT-To on Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

I wish there was a brain explosion emoticon.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Choice and predestination doesn't go hand in hand, Dan. If God had choices, he had them from forever and I think you would certainly agree with me that if he wished, he could change them at his will.

But when we peruse the line of thinking about predestination (please note we are not talking about omniscience here), that something was going to happen because God willed it to happen, God wants it to happen. Then, can God change it, once he made it?

without.

CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Hmm God's choices would be made from knowing what the best way to to carry out His will. So now i guess his will is in question of whether it was a choice and im not sure about this since because God is the Greatest Good or 'the Good' or the greatest conceivable being/ greatest possible being logically - then his will would naturally be for all creation to come to Him, why? because that would be the greatest good for the created beings. So... then.. wouldn't it logically follow that His will stems from 'the Good' that is his character and nature.... meaning just as 'the Good' which is comprised of love, mercy and justice have been in God's mind from everlasting to everlasting and not created by God likewise wouldn't it be the same case of the choices he has made?

erhhh y:(( :brick:

Lol help! Is this reasoning right?
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

neo-x wrote:
Choice and predestination doesn't go hand in hand, Dan. If God had choices, he had them from forever and I think you would certainly agree with me that if he wished, he could change them at his will.

But when we peruse the line of thinking about predestination (please note we are not talking about omniscience here), that something was going to happen because God willed it to happen, God wants it to happen. Then, can God change it, once he made it?
NEO LOL YOUR 666TH POST!!! y>:)

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

CeT-To on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:18 pm

neo-x wrote:

NEO LOL YOUR 666TH POST!!!
Lol...I missed it, in all the predestiniation thing....arrrgh wanted to see it :doh:

without.

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Choice and predestination doesn't go hand in hand
Our brains must compute data differently, as i can reconcile them easily in my mind.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

meaning just as 'the Good' which is comprised of love, mercy and justice have been in God's mind from everlasting to everlasting and not created by God likewise wouldn't it be the same case of the choices he has made?
yeah, I lost you here, as well :swhat:

without.

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Danieltwotwenty on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:24 pm

Choice and predestination doesn't go hand in hand

Our brains must compute data differently, as i can reconcile them easily in my mind.
Dan, I am not talking about our choices. Predestination's line of thinking is, if God willed something to happen, it will happen, regardless of choice, as a matter of fact in our case, if God willed it, it will happen, you can say good bye to your choice.

See my point.

without.

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

I guess it is late and i got predestination and omniscience confuesded :oops:
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Danieltwotwenty on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:28 pm

I guess it is late and i got predestination and omniscience confuesded
I don't blame you, y>:D<

without.