Flat Earth Theory

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Flat Earth Theory

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

RickD wrote: I've never actually seen anything except 2d images of the earth. So, I have no actual proof that the earth is spherical.
Agreed! I think there is a worldwide conspiracy among the intelligensia to have the rest of us believe the world is ball-shaped. However, when I walk out of my house, the ground is flat. I can drive 500 miles and the earth stays flat...always flat. I've even flown airplanes over great distances and the earth is always flat. I've never once noticed the surface receding, curving down towards Australia.

The idea of a spherical world is a big lie promoted by atheists and Mormons and other wackos.

FL :swow:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
RickD wrote: I've never actually seen anything except 2d images of the earth. So, I have no actual proof that the earth is spherical.
Agreed! I think there is a worldwide conspiracy among the intelligensia to have the rest of us believe the world is ball-shaped. However, when I walk out of my house, the ground is flat. I can drive 500 miles and the earth stays flat...always flat. I've even flown airplanes over great distances and the earth is always flat. I've never once noticed the surface receding, curving down towards Australia.

The idea of a spherical world is a big lie promoted by atheists and Mormons and other wackos.

FL :swow:
That's true, FL. I've never realized till now, I have never seen any real evidence that the earth is spherical. Everything I've seen my entire life, looks like the earth is flat.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Murray »

:slol:

Those pesky Mormons, tricking me into believing the earth is round and all....
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

For the record, if someone is going to put a hook in my mouth and make me eat a worm, I expect to be played for a while before he starts to reel me in.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

I don't get it...

How can the earth really be flat with all the valleys and mountians and bottom of the seas that make nothing really flat?

Why when flying at Maximum altitude of 45,000 feet, over the pacific ocean retuning from Hawaii (as the pilot announced to catch the Jet stream) was the curvature of the earth visable?

Also, from U2 photos showing this better at 70 to 80,000 feet?

Next, how can you get from Antarctica to say Australia or China if the earth is flat – would not the end of the earth prevent travel from that direction?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Eric
Newbie Member

Post by Eric »

Earth
220px-Flat_earth.jpg
220px-Flat_earth.jpg (11.61 KiB) Viewed 3999 times
Eric
Newbie Member

Post by Eric »

And again refer to http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/foru ... pic=1324.0 for answers to the majority of your questions
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

I have read through that site many times, and there is no evidence that makes any logical sense on that site.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Murray »

Eric wrote:Earth
220px-Flat_earth.jpg

so if i jump over the ice what happens :lol:
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Eric wrote:Earth
220px-Flat_earth.jpg
So, Antarctica is actually the largest continent? Interesting. y:-?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

B. W. wrote:How can the earth really be flat with all the valleys and mountians and bottom of the seas that make nothing really flat?
We are not talking flat like Holland. We are using ''flat'' as in non-spherical.
B. W. wrote:Why when flying at Maximum altitude of 45,000 feet, over the pacific ocean retuning from Hawaii (as the pilot announced to catch the Jet stream) was the curvature of the earth visable?
The alleged-curvature should not be visible at 45,000ft. The pilots of the now-defunct Concord - cruising altitude 60,000ft - would tell their gullible passengers that the curvature was visible at that altitude... but...honestly, if you'd just shelled-out $6000 for a $1000 flight you'd believe anything just to look cool when you told the story to your friends. I suspect your Hawaii experience was along the same lines...or, you're a member of the intelligensia and will say anything just to look cool.
B. W. wrote:Also, from U2 photos showing this better at 70 to 80,000 feet?
Two words: government conspiracy.
B. W. wrote:Next, how can you get from Antarctica to say Australia or China if the earth is flat – would not the end of the earth prevent travel from that direction?
Your ignorance is showing, friend. Get back to explaining biblical Hebrew.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
B. W. wrote:How can the earth really be flat with all the valleys and mountians and bottom of the seas that make nothing really flat?
We are not talking flat like Holland. We are using ''flat'' as in non-spherical.
B. W. wrote:Why when flying at Maximum altitude of 45,000 feet, over the pacific ocean retuning from Hawaii (as the pilot announced to catch the Jet stream) was the curvature of the earth visable?
The alleged-curvature should not be visible at 45,000ft. The pilots of the now-defunct Concord - cruising altitude 60,000ft - would tell their gullible passengers that the curvature was visible at that altitude... but...honestly, if you'd just shelled-out $6000 for a $1000 flight you'd believe anything just to look cool when you told the story to your friends. I suspect your Hawaii experience was along the same lines...or, you're a member of the intelligensia and will say anything just to look cool.
B. W. wrote:Also, from U2 photos showing this better at 70 to 80,000 feet?
Two words: government conspiracy.
B. W. wrote:Next, how can you get from Antarctica to say Australia or China if the earth is flat – would not the end of the earth prevent travel from that direction?
Your ignorance is showing, friend. Get back to explaining biblical Hebrew.

FL

Oh no that have sucked in FL!!!
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
zacchaeus
Valued Member

Post by zacchaeus »

Explain gravity... and how the water stays in/on the earth without falling/floating off into space... what then would be the definition of level???

Isaiah 40:22
Job 26:7
Proverbs 8:27
Matthew 12:40
Ephesians 4:9
Luke 17:34-36

Can a flat earth have a heart, lower parts or a center? Does this show yet Jesus saying there is a round earth?
Mankind in bed sleeping and others working in the fields does this show a round earth? People on one side sleeping at night while the others working in the day in the fields?
Understand the Hebrew vocabulary doesn't contain a word for sphere so the circle word is used. Since there is no word for sphere does circle imply it with the Hebrew language?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_Flat_Earth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Round_earth
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

zacchaeus wrote:Explain gravity... and how the water stays in/on the earth without falling/floating off into space... what then would be the definition of level???
Simple. If the earth were spherical, all the water would fall off: it would drip off into space. Period. As for your other point, think of NIGHT SHIFT workers. I've seen tractors harvesting at night. WAKE UP!

You round-earthers have all been brainwashed into believing a lie. :shakehead:

FL

+ + +

+ + +
zacchaeus
Valued Member

Post by zacchaeus »

Guess the jokes on me... I said explain gravity, which answers my question about how does water stay on the earth!!!

Let me make it simpler for the simple minded since we've all here been um, duh, brainwashed geroge... :mrgreen:

Explain Gravity and center of gravity in a non-spherical Flat earth??? Do that and your a genius!!!

Your ignorant night-shift worker line is HELL-arious!!! :pound: :sleep: