Distributism

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Re: Distributism

Post by Byblos »

Jac3510 wrote:I agree with the OP. And BW, sorry to say, but you are just factually wrong. Distributism is decidedly not based on liberation theology, nor is it any form of it. LT got started in the 1950s and 60s. Distributism is based on Catholic social teaching (in particular to Rerum Novarum (1891)) and on natural law theory generally. To suggest any connection to LT or liberalism more generally is just factually and philosophically absurd.

I would suggest that everyone on this board who claims to be a capitalist is actually just an inconsistent distributist. If you think monopolies are wrong and ought to be disallowed, then you are a distributist, at least in a weak sense.

edit:

Here is a fabulous article on how distributism would handle our health care crises. I would support this in a microsecond.

http://distributistreview.com/mag/2011/ ... re-system/
Well I'll be darned. Dare I say welcome back Jac?
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Distributism

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Welcome back, Jac. I'll dare ....
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender