Sex Ed

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Reactionary
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Sex Ed

Post by Reactionary »

Rob wrote:
domokunrox wrote: If it were up to me, I would make separated schools for boys and girls mandatory from 6th grade on. I would make community service punishment for fraternizing or receptiveness to it.

I would also make school on Saturday mandatory. Half day.
Was this a joke?
I hope it was... y:O2 Dom seems to be showing some radical opinions. :)

FYI, in my town there are certain high schools and colleges which are nearly exclusively male or female. However, an equilibrium is achieved sooner or later, as young people don't hang out only in schools in colleges. ;)
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
domokunrox
Valued Member

Post by domokunrox »

No, not a joke at all. It may be extreme, but its defiantly a possible solution (likely the most effective one) to the teen pregnancy and STD problem.

As a male and as a father, I say with full confidence that there is no advantage or underlying good purpose to socialize with the opposite sex from puberty until adulthood.

A young boy in puberty has absolutely no motivation or interest in the opposite sex other than to deflower them.

Maybe I should have been more clear on what I meant by the community service for fraternizing thing.
If anyone ages 12+ is in public or federal property caught fraternizing with someone between age 12-17, that lands you community service for both parties. Harsher penalty for the adult.
18+ with 18+ is fine
If a minor wants to have a boyfriend/girlfriend that is going to have to be on private property or parent supervision in public.

It may seem like this is an extremist conservative position. Trust me, you would hardly call me conservative.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Dom, I respect your opinion, though in a country like mine, separate schools for both sexes, over a long time have created a host of issues. Including increased aggression and conflict between the sexes as well as a wide social gap, difficulty to fuse together as equal sexes, so on and so forth.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
domokunrox
Valued Member

Post by domokunrox »

The way I see it, Neo. Anything else is better than what likely results in Abortion, AIDS, and Pedophiles.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

domokunrox » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:43 pm

The way I see it, Neo. Anything else is better than what likely results in Abortion, AIDS, and Pedophiles.
I'm not sure Dom, putting up separate schools IMO will not lessen abortion or aids. What probably will happen is that these activities will be not be made public as it is currently the case. I mean here, all of this happens but only a few cases are ever reported. It will just become a social taboo.

You might think that I can not get it down - the idea of separate schooling, but no. The thing is I think this won't be of any benefit, it will just push the problem one level deeper into the whole system. Authority is not going to be as effective as it is when carried out by understanding it. More like what happens in Arab countries or even third world countries, like mine.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if

without.

Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

Also God never intended us to be seperate.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Silvertusk » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:16 pm

Also God never intended us to be seperate.
I don't think God has thoughts on schooling issues. ;) Nor they would be separated in life outside or after school, for school is just a temporal phase in a teen's life.

without.

Reactionary

Post by Reactionary »

domokunrox wrote:No, not a joke at all. It may be extreme, but its defiantly a possible solution (likely the most effective one) to the teen pregnancy and STD problem.
I'm with Neo on this one. Separating teens at school will hardly solve the teen pregnancy and STD problems. Teens socialize at places outside of school - unless you enroll them to a boarding school where they would be forbidden from leaving the grounds. Now, this would cause a negative effect IMO. This is the information era, it's hard to restrict anything without causing rebellion. It would be wiser to educate and inform teens of what's wrong and more importantly, why it's wrong. Treating teens like adults in certain cases will encourage them to mature.
domokunrox wrote:As a male and as a father, I say with full confidence that there is no advantage or underlying good purpose to socialize with the opposite sex from puberty until adulthood. A young boy in puberty has absolutely no motivation or interest in the opposite sex other than to deflower them.
Dom, I won't bring your experiences into question, but I wouldn't generalize. When I was a teen, I had female friends. I learned a lot from them, and I'm still in contact with some of them. How would I behave in the presence of females if I only started seeing them at the age of 20? I think the opposite effect would ensue - either one would be totally confused and lost, or his hormones that accumulated through teen years would explode, and he would become obsessed with sex. My opinion is that if you grow up in the presence of your female counterparts, you mature much more easily and gradually.
domokunrox wrote:Maybe I should have been more clear on what I meant by the community service for fraternizing thing.
If anyone ages 12+ is in public or federal property caught fraternizing with someone between age 12-17, that lands you community service for both parties. Harsher penalty for the adult.
18+ with 18+ is fine
If a minor wants to have a boyfriend/girlfriend that is going to have to be on private property or parent supervision in public.
Dom, if I may modify your proposition a bit:

What I would certainly do is set a maximum age difference between minor couples, or at least couples in which one of the parties is under 18. There are too many teen girls who seem to date men twice older than them. This is what I would severely punish, I consider it exploitation of young and unformed personalities.

16 Age of consent, under the following conditions:
16-18 Max. age difference - 4 years
18-21 Max. age difference - 6 years
21+ No restrictions
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
Echoside
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Echoside »

domokunrox wrote: As a male and as a father, I say with full confidence that there is no advantage or underlying good purpose to socialize with the opposite sex from puberty until adulthood.
I'm of a different opinion. My father encouraged friendships with those of the opposite sex, told me a good (female) friend will make for one of the best bonds I can form in my life. I'm sure he also said that, as a male and as a father, with full confidence.
domokunrox wrote:I would also make school on Saturday mandatory. Half day.
y=;
domokunrox
Valued Member

Post by domokunrox »

I with you guys. The problem with teenagers is that they don't listen to authority and don't take education seriously. This is why parents NEED to educate their children about sex. However, MANY parents don't. None of the generalizations I am making here is a stretch by any means, guys.

To me it would be like thinking backwards to say, "Well, we don't want them to fall into the well, but let's make it easily accessible." In my view, the well is there, but you need to REALLY go out of your way and deliberately fall into the well.

Again, to complete another thought. Its like having drugs, putting them on a table with a room full of teenagers, telling them to dont do drugs, then walk out. You might as well cook up the heroine or provide the pipes and lighters in that case.

That's exactly the kind of attitude that we don't need and is exactly what happens. "They're going to do it anyway, so let's give them the condoms and birth control and hope they make good choices".

I am with your guys. Females are absolutely the BEST companion for man. Keyword being MAN. Not teenager. Yes, I agree that women can and do help men mature, but that's NOT what a western society teenage girl is even remotely considering. They are somehow content with being objectified and dressing like prostitutes to get attention. And that's not even a bad generalization! Shoes, purses, clothes, makeup, celebrity gossip, etc.

You guys are giving teenagers WAY too much credit.
goldmoor
Familiar Member

Post by goldmoor »

well i remeber two years ago in my high school they talk about sex education and safe sex and all that stuff abstenice was thrown in as well (only briefly), but i had already made up in my mind to abstane till marriage,becuase of the values i was raised with so really informing them or not more than likely won't make a difference it really depends on what they believe and how they were raised.
for God has not given us a spirit of fear,but power and of love and of a sound mind 2timonthy1:7

he has given us power to overcome any obstacle,love to endured any and all hardship and a sound mind to solve any problem and have peace inside and out so truly what is it that we should fear
CallMeDave
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by CallMeDave »

Ivellious wrote:I was wondering, what are your views on sex education in high school? Different states in the US handle this issue completely differently, with the south typically taking an "abstinence only" approach where sex is not discussed or explained, but rather students are told not to have sex, period. Northern, more liberal states tend to give students a sexual education including information on birth control, STDs, and (sometimes) abortion.

I personally find the comprehensive sex ed far more valuable than abstinence only.

So, what do you think? Does Christianity have any impact on how sex ed should be handled in schools?
It is always good to get opposing views taught to impressionable, hormone-intensive , impetuous , high school Students and let them decide what lifestyle philosophy to embark on . As a bare minimum, our Public Schools should teach the scientifcally confirmed consequences to sexual hedonism so they can choose to be duped by our out of control / illicit sex dominated Mass Media , or, to think outside the Box vis-a-vis their own Health (and life) as primary consideration . The following statistics might be a great place to start with our high school children since they are void of any religious influence , and capitilizes on direct Health concerns (albiet at an unappreciated , devastating blow to Marketers for financial profit including the Abortion Mills who need the Casual Sex message to go unchallenged and un-exposed) :

Random facts and figures.
* One out of 4 women and one out of 5 men have no knowledge about
their sexual partners' history.
* Two-thirds of 1,000 women age 18 to 60 knew nothing or very little
about STDs (other than HIV/AIDS) in 1995.
* The highest at-risk groups are adolescents and gays. African
American and Hispanic women are also in the high-risk group.
* The rate of unwanted pregnancies and incidence of disease is
alarming.
* There are over 15,000,000 new cases of STDs a year.
* Over 70,000 Americans have a viral STD--like genital herpes, HIV/
AIDS, or Hepatitis B.
* Individuals under 25 have two-thirds of the STD cases in the U.S.
* 1 out of 4 teens will contract an STD.
* 1,000,000 teenage pregnancies each year.

Rates of curable STD cases in the U.S. are the highest in the
developed world.

* There are 150 STD cases per 100,000 in the U.S. versus 3 cases per
100,000 in Sweden.
* Over 70,000 Americans have viral STD--like genital herpes, HIV/
AIDS, or hepatitis B.
* Viral STDs such as HPV, herpes, and hepatitis B are lifelong
diseases.
* Many people experience no noticeable symptoms initially, but can
still pass on the disease.
* Women are up to 5 times more likely to become infected and suffer
more serious consequences.

Over 20,000 new cases of HIV/AIDS are diagnosed each year in the
U.S.

* 62% of those cases reported before 1996 have died (319,000
Americans).
* Women now represent 30% of new HIV/AIDS cases reported.
* 75% of the cases are from heterosexual sex.
* 3 out of 5 Americans with HIV were infected as teens.
* HIV infection rates are 10 times higher when STDs are not treated
properly.

Sexual habits reinforce the need to use condoms.

* Age of sexual maturity is decreasing; age of marriage is
increasing.
* More sex, more partners, more risk.
* 46% of teens (14-18) have had intercourse.
* 50% divorce rate means reentering the dating scene to deal with
new
health challenges.

Sources: American Social Health Association, CDC, Kaiser Foundation
"I never asserted such an absurd proposition, that something could arise without a Cause" -- staunch atheist Philosopher David Hume.

"What this world now needs is Christian love or compassion" -- staunch atheist Bertrand Russell.
jlay
Ultimate Member

Post by jlay »

The problem with teenagers is that the "teenager" is a modern phenomenon. UP until about the last 100 years, there was no teenage/ young adult. Most people began their adult pursuits such as work, marriage and child rearing no later than the age of 17. Today we have created a new group who basicaly flounder in adolescense from 15 till mid 20s. This has resulted in the depraved sexuality we see today, as we have these people with jacked up hormones ready for marriage who instead live with virtually no responsibility or accountability.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

CallMeDave: Where I am at least, we did learn all about things like that. More or less, that's most of what our sex ed was...learning about sex and the consequences of unsafe sex (I know there is no technical "safe sex", but stay with me here). That ranged from STDs, pregnancy, emotional consequences, and so on. The part that divides the argument seems to be that where I'm from, they acknowledge that teens will engage in sexual relationships regardless of what they say, and thus give them information about birth control, condoms, other contraceptives, and in general why choosing abstinence is best. Other, more conservative ideologies prefer not to touch on any of that at all, instead leaving it at "don't have sex," and hoping it works. But as pointed out earlier, it really doesn't, which is why I disagree with that teaching style (or lack of teaching).
CallMeDave
Valued Member

Post by CallMeDave »

Ivellious wrote:CallMeDave: Where I am at least, we did learn all about things like that. More or less, that's most of what our sex ed was...learning about sex and the consequences of unsafe sex (I know there is no technical "safe sex", but stay with me here). That ranged from STDs, pregnancy, emotional consequences, and so on. The part that divides the argument seems to be that where I'm from, they acknowledge that teens will engage in sexual relationships regardless of what they say, and thus give them information about birth control, condoms, other contraceptives, and in general why choosing abstinence is best. Other, more conservative ideologies prefer not to touch on any of that at all, instead leaving it at "don't have sex," and hoping it works. But as pointed out earlier, it really doesn't, which is why I disagree with that teaching style (or lack of teaching).
All Public Schools can do is try and give Students the downside dangers to casual sex , and the rest has to be left to the individual. But , when a society is completely inundated with illict sex messages and progaganda at every turn....its going to affect young people especially . In the USA it is starting earlier and earlier with children to where 5 and 6 year old girls are demanding to look and act sexy in conjuction with fashion Designers accomodating it for huge profits ... and even thoughtless Mothers jumping on the bandwagon . Whenever sexuality is void of any sacredness and holiness in society and becomes cheapened , irresponsibly exploited, and reduced to the level of forest animals.... great consequences occur and people get very harmed .
"I never asserted such an absurd proposition, that something could arise without a Cause" -- staunch atheist Philosopher David Hume.

"What this world now needs is Christian love or compassion" -- staunch atheist Bertrand Russell.